2020 Slingshot

• Since our nearest dealer is 4 hours away we have to plan a whole day to visit them. As such, though we have no interest in trading ours in, we have been waiting until the 2020's hit the showroom before we take the Grasshopper in to get it's recalls completed.The latest rumors are that still may be several months out.

Bill

Here it is starting into May and no 2020 yet................

Bill

• Slingshot R Auto in Canada

Based on the Polaris website I am disappointed to see that the Slingshot R in Canada has lower horse power, 178 vs the 203 in the US. Also it does not have the gap fillers below the head lights and the seats are the same as in the SL. Basically it is the US version SL version with different paint and forged vs cast aluminum wheels. Not a lot of other differences. We also can't buy anything below the SL, i.e. no S model like in the US. I hope once production ramps up in the US that the 2021 model R will be the same as in the US. Till then I am sticking with my 2017 SL.

• Slingshot R Auto in Canada

Based on the Polaris website I am disappointed to see that the Slingshot R in Canada has lower horse power, 178 vs the 203 in the US. Also it does not have the gap fillers below the head lights and the seats are the same as in the SL. Basically it is the US version SL version with different paint and forged vs cast aluminum wheels. Not a lot of other differences. We also can't buy anything below the SL, i.e. no S model like in the US. I hope once production ramps up in the US that the 2021 model R will be the same as in the US. Till then I am sticking with my 2017 SL.

The Canadian models do not have the same lights as the US models hence the Canadian version aftermarket light option that gets sold and installed by many in the US. And for the S model it does not come with the ride command so no back up camera which is mandatory for all automobiles sold in Canada. Not sure how the sling got trapped in the definition but it dis when it comes to reverse camera

• I may have missed the posts but I'm surprised nobody's talking about the heated and cooled seats that Polaris is offering for $1,200

dang - when I just read this I went and looked on the polaris site - and they are right there $1,200 EACH!!!!!

on the bright side they don't say it is only for 2020 so I guess it will work in any year

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• They have a drop down for fitment, pick the year and model. Says my 2019 S isn't compatible. I didn't look at others.

Thank you - I missed that and it also says it wont fit 2016 - - guess it is only for 2020, but I also suspect it could be made to work in other year - - probably just needs some special electric hookup

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I wonder how the cooling works? I have both heated and cooled seats in my truck and my vet but I'm not sure how the cooling works technically. It does cool however.

Most cars/trucks use a small refrigerated unit or pump air in from the a/c. Cheaper setups only use fans to circulate the air though.

Would be curious how these are done. For the price tag, I'd hope that they are a self contained a/c setup to give really cool air and not just fans.

• We left on our last trip with the cooling seats that just have a little fan in the front circulating whatever ambient air there is. Even though they circulate the warm air, in the desert and with evaporation the way it is seldom does my back get wet like it does on the stock seats. That in and of itself is a huge plus

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• My 2010 Avalanche has the cooled seats bottom and back. They really get coool! So I assume more than just a fan. But 2015 Vette must only have fan for bottom no back since they don't cool as well and I really don't use them since I ride the SL 99% of the time in the summer.

• We left on our last trip with the cooling seats that just have a little fan in the front circulating whatever ambient air there is. Even though they circulate the warm air, in the desert and with evaporation the way it is seldom does my back get wet like it does on the stock seats. That in and of itself is a huge plus

I have the Snailax cooling seat cushion (Amazon, $50). Works quite well, keeps my back & bottom dry in hot weather which is a big plus.

Haven't been on a longer trip since I put in the PRP cloth seats, certainly no hot weather here yet!

Planning a trip to Wyoming next week, I'll let everyone know how new seats are working!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• [quote='Funinthesun','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8943-2020-slingshot/&postID=308825#post308825']

I don’t care how warm or cold they get if they are uncomfortable. Stock seats just suck for my back and butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only $4.87 each on Duluth Trading Company

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/107587/

[/quote]

Yea and if you get the trunk monkey feature he will apply it for you. 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro