What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• So I’m still looking for a cat delete pipe….. one on eBay sold by zzperformance. Then on their website says sold out????? Someone trying to make $10

I have a 1320 cat delete exhaust I am willing to sell at a great price. Has about 15 minutes use. I'm looking for something with a little less bite. Pictured below as I boxed it. Shown with the header. Note: I'm wishing to keep the header and sell only the exhaust. $250 plus shipping cost.

• I have thought about making exhaust system changes, but the lack of performance improvements combined with my being in California always stop me. California is an interesting State when it comes to these things. technically we are not allowed to make any changes to intake or exhaust that are not C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board) approved and stamped, But In California the Slingshot is still legally classified an a motorcycle and as such there are no smog checks or inspections so as things currently stand unless you got a ticked for excessive noise there is no way anyone would even know I made any changes.

But, and its a big but - this is California, and just because motorcycles are not subject to inspection today does not mean they wont change the rules tomorrow - - To me this means I must weigh the potential risk against the potential gain and as I see it the very small gain of getting rid of the CAT just doesn't make it across the line.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have a 1320 cat delete exhaust I am willing to sell at a great price. Has about 15 minutes use. I'm looking for something with a little less bite. Pictured below as I boxed it. Shown with the header. Note: I'm wishing to keep the header and sell only the exhaust. $250 plus shipping cost.

appreciate that brother I have the thermal R&D exhaust and just need the pipe to replace the paper weight lol

• I have thought about making exhaust system changes, but the lack of performance improvements combined with my being in California always stop me. California is an interesting State when it comes to these things. technically we are not allowed to make any changes to intake or exhaust that are not C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board) approved and stamped, But In California the Slingshot is still legally classified an a motorcycle and as such there are no smog checks or inspections so as things currently stand unless you got a ticked for excessive noise there is no way anyone would even know I made any changes.

But, and its a big but - this is California, and just because motorcycles are not subject to inspection today does not mean they wont change the rules tomorrow - - To me this means I must weigh the potential risk against the potential gain and as I see it the very small gain of getting rid of the CAT just doesn't make it across the line.

If your governor gets his way you will have to get an electric Sling —— with no way to charge it :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• [quote='Edward Neal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8916-what-was-today-s-sling-project-mods-goodies/&postID=373870#post373870']

I have thought about making exhaust system changes, but the lack of performance improvements combined with my being in California always stop me. California is an interesting State when it comes to these things. technically we are not allowed to make any changes to intake or exhaust that are not C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board) approved and stamped, But In California the Slingshot is still legally classified an a motorcycle and as such there are no smog checks or inspections so as things currently stand unless you got a ticked for excessive noise there is no way anyone would even know I made any changes.

[/quote]

We actually used to offer some of our down pipes for other platforms with CA legal cats. The down side is the cost of a CA legal cat is so much more. The down pipes were $350+ because of the CA cat. But we still sold a TON of them. I remember getting multiple pallets of CA compliant cats for a while. At some point something changed. Maybe the needed CARB cert? Because sales fell off so we sold through inventory and stopped. I’m sure we could probably still get one but I don’t know that it would pass CA smog because of no CARB sticker/stamp. On a slingshot it probably wouldn’t be an issue but who knows. If you got caught you’d likely just get a report and repair where you’d be cited and have 30 days to fix it and get it inspected to pass again. And if you did that it would be a no harm no foul sort of deal. At least that’s how it was when I lived there. If you kept all of the stock parts it wouldn’t be too bad.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I have a 1320 cat delete exhaust I am willing to sell at a great price. Has about 15 minutes use. I'm looking for something with a little less bite. Pictured below as I boxed it. Shown with the header. Note: I'm wishing to keep the header and sell only the exhaust. $250 plus shipping cost.

Seeing this pic freaked me out. The shadow in the lower right looks like you're holding a 9 MM to your head. OUCH

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It's not fancy but I finally took the time to install some minor mods...

Getting the TufSkinz Wheel Decals on today! (baby steps after 3 years) LOL

Waiting for my order from Zarate too!!

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• #shadrac

The assault jump port for under the hood should have came with a plastic 90° so when you clamp on those, the alligator clip does not touch ecu.

It did not come with a plastic 90°

Looking back at the item - I see it 'should have'

Guess I will have to reach out to slingmods or fabricate something...

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• So I’m still looking for a cat delete pipe….. one on eBay sold by zzperformance. Then on their website says sold out????? Someone trying to make $10

I don't remember for sure but I may have one laying over in the shop, I can check tomorrow for sure and let you know. My Slingshot had one on there when I bought it and I believe I removed it when I changed the exhaust years ago.

• I just have to pull the stickers off and customize it a bit before the install.

What year model Slingshot are you going to be installing on, and which black color is that new hood ???

What type customizing are you going to do?? I'm working on a hood scoop screen and possibly the fender vents screening for my 2022R ??

• What year model Slingshot are you going to be installing on, and which black color is that new hood ???

What type customizing are you going to do?? I'm working on a hood scoop screen and possibly the fender vents screening for my 2022R ??

It's going on a 2015 that has the 2020+ front end upgrade. Still waiting on the interior to complete the look. I'm going to vinyl wrap certain portions of the hood to match the rest of the Slingshot. Oh, and a custom hood badge. I've got the design done, but need more resin to come in.

There is a vendor who sells a mesh kit for the new sport hood, but it is a little overpriced for chicken wire. Cheaper to do it yourself and you can have other style options for the mesh.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?