What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Yup, used alcohol to clean it. I think my adhesion may be the (lack of) quality of my "test vinyl" material used on the lettering. If it doesn't last I'll get some Avery vinyl or something.

But thanks for the tip!

Check in with one of the local sign guys who do vynal... My guy is very reasonable.

• Don't ask how long it took - FJB.... don't ask how much it is to ship from the Carolina's to Colorado - FJB

But.... it's paid for and should be getting picked up soon if I'm lucky! Soon as I get that call it's picked up, I'll pull rear off and get it ready!

No description available.

• That's what I thought.

I want it

I keep telling my wife it is a safety feature that goes with the DDM turbo.:thumbsup:

I've been thinking about a 4-wheel kit, but won't be making a decision until I know whether or not Texas will allow me to keep my license as a result of the one and only traffic accident I've ever had due to my diabetes. I had lost weight and after the accident, my Doctor cut my insulin dose in half and I haven't experienced any problems while driving since. Also, if I can get my darned belt to properly track, I may decide against the conversion, but I'm really tired of losing alignment during every ride.

• I've been thinking about a 4-wheel kit, but won't be making a decision until I know whether or not Texas will allow me to keep my license as a result of the one and only traffic accident I've ever had due to my diabetes. I had lost weight and after the accident, my Doctor cut my insulin dose in half and I haven't experienced any problems while driving since. Also, if I can get my darned belt to properly track, I may decide against the conversion, but I'm really tired of losing alignment during every ride.

I think that we spend to much time worrying about how that belt tracks! When it goes to my dealer for a winter check up sometimes they look at it, other than that I drive it down the road and don't worry.

• Don't ask how long it took - FJB.... don't ask how much it is to ship from the Carolina's to Colorado - FJB

But.... it's paid for and should be getting picked up soon if I'm lucky! Soon as I get that call it's picked up, I'll pull rear off and get it ready!

No description available.

Uh, any custom touches?

That's Bad-Ass! I don't care who ya are.

And I'm embarrassed to say I had to ask my wife what FJB means. She knew. I was thinking Free Jelly Beans but that's just 'cause I like jelly beans.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I think that we spend to much time worrying about how that belt tracks! When it goes to my dealer for a winter check up sometimes they look at it, other than that I drive it down the road and don't worry.

Yep, never had a belt adjustment in my 103k ride. Original belt, original setup.

Depends, mine was really noisy. From factory it only had .25" deflection cold, also tracked bad. Way too tight when hot. No wonder it was screaming. I don't imagine the factory puts much into precise settings. Some get lucky, others not.

• Belt adjustments? The only belt adjustments I need is letting the belt out on my pants.

:D I now find myself constantly needing to tighten my belt. I've lost enough weight to have gone from 44" to 42" and am already starting to think I'll need to drop to a 40" waist soon.

As far as my Slingshot goes, I never had to adjust it, even after the swing-arm swap-out recall, but since replacing the angle drive, I need to readjust after every ride or I get squealing while accelerating or at constant speed. Going to 4-wheels is a luxury for me, but I'm really getting sick of the belt whine!

• So I’m still looking for a cat delete pipe….. one on eBay sold by zzperformance. Then on their website says sold out????? Someone trying to make $10

Your sale will get canceled if you order it off eBay. I will contact our eBay team to suspend the auction. Part of eBay having a higher price is due to the higher fees we are charged to sell on their platform. It is always cheaper to buy from us directly. It has absolutely nothing to do with "Someone trying to make $10". We have them but can no longer sell them.

There are mandatory regulations that are being implemented by the EPA that are going to require all vehicles that come with cats to retain the cats when swapping out exhaust parts. If you live in a no emissions state, what you decide to do with the cat when it arrives is up to you. The EPA has not knocked on our door YET but it's coming. We are in a position where while we are not a massive company, we are large enough to be on their radar and have been in the past. So in an effort to keep the world and racing industry clean and be compliant with coming regulations, we are putting high flow cats in all of our exhausts. Now I know what you're thinking,"Boooo cats suck and restrict power!" I will respond with 2 answers. The first one being, the cat on your slingshot is not restrictive. We did A B testing and when we removed the cat we picked up .2whp. Not 2whp, point 2. The only thing that cat is doing is keeping the exhaust from reeking somewhat.

The other part to my answer is this, we are using a similar very high flow cat on in our exhausts now which is why they are listed as sold out. We are testing and retro fitting the 200+ down pipes we have hanging in the pipe racks. We did more A B testing and there was zero difference in power production on our stage 2 turbo sling between the catted and non catted down pipe in our rear exit exhaust. The other upside to the cat? For those who cannot do a rear exit exhaust because of all the fumes coming back into the cabin associated with having a top and/or tall windshield with a rear exit exhaust, the stinky gas fumes are no longer an issue because of the cat doing its job.

These regulations are coming down the pipe line and it will disrupt the entire aftermarket auto industry. If you're a company making exhausts without cats and the EPA finds out, you will be forced to either become compliant and add a cat or discontinue selling the exhausts.

When you see a pricing discrepancy between sites we sell on and our main site, feel free to reach out to me directly here or at kyle@zzperformance.com. I'm happy to look into and answer the questions in an effort for you to not feel like we are being shady just trying to make an extra $10 on a different site.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• so I can no longer find one is what your saying lol. Wasn’t trying to put y’all down but now realize I did. All good

• So could I get one of those performance exhaust adapters that you can’t sell Kyle D

I personally cannot sell you one. However, our eBay team is gone for the weekend so I would say if you wanted one, I would grab it off eBay before Monday morning once they're back in and close the auction down. If your order is in prior to then I would imagine it will go through.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke