What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Hmmmm. Cockroach farm. I've been looking for a sustainable plan to put my property into farm status and lower my property taxes without having to farm. This could be it. How much lumber can it take to build a cockroach barn?

I can help you get started - I have a 2x4 I can let go for the low, low price of $100 (+ shipping, of course)…

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I can help you get started - I have a 2x4 I can let go for the low, low price of $100 (+ shipping, of course)…

Are you kidding me? I live here in the Pacific Northwest where we grow the trees. I still have a small piece of my tree farm where I am literally growing Douglas Fir trees. That's why my last $74 sheet of plywood was made in.......Indonesia!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Ya shoulda said something before I left coonass land. - I could shipped you enough fire ants to populate a huge farm - once the little bastards take hold ya can’t kill em ….

low maintenance ta boot

Too bad they weren't Carpenter Ants as they could have helped you do a lot of your home projects in your new digs in MV

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• all the talk about dealing with summertime cockpit heat got me wondering how much the hood vent helps. I just pulled the factory cover off while riding today (82 degrees here). Holy Shit! Just that made a HUGE difference! So I will either be ordering a hood vent or picking one up from a vendor at SITS.

Now to work on adding insulation and blocking holes.

Shadrac I am wanting the carpeted trans tunnel covers like you have

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• all the talk about dealing with summertime cockpit heat got me wondering how much the hood vent helps. I just pulled the factory cover off while riding today (82 degrees here). Holy Shit! Just that made a HUGE difference! So I will either be ordering a hood vent or picking one up from a vendor at SITS.

I just recently installed the assault hood vent and so far it seems to have really helped - - plus it looks really cool with my double bubble windshields :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yesterday was one of those rare occasions where my Wife was willing to ride in the Slingshot w/me. As she was getting in, I noticed that the passenger side black matte hood accent piece was sticking up. Opened the hood and saw that several of the little pins that stick thru the main hood to secure the screws that hold the accent piece in place had sheared away from the accent piece. Looks like I waited too long to install the hood vents. I guess the hood vibrations from passing vehicles caused the little pins to break off. I also never reinstalled the double-stick body tape under the accent pieces and have been running w/o the tape for the past 4.5 years or so and that may have amplified any hood vibrations to help shear off the pins. At the typical price of $266 each (TMSParts did have it for $205 shipped), I think I may just drill each hole for a thru-screw from the top. Still thinking about what I will do.

The very first mod I purchased was the hood vent because of the massive amount of heat.

Then the exhaust to move that heat behind the SS.

The new carpet is the best! I love driving barefoot in the summer days (legal or not) and the wife loves being barefoot as well.

What a difference it has made!

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• She has a cockroach "farm" for food. Complete with its own barn. Lol. Its wild hearing them crunch when she bites them.

I had a neighbor who had a cockroach farm... unfortunately it was her entire apartment. I referred to her as "Queenie the roach breeder".

At night I'd pour a bit of bleach down my drains and would get up at 3 or 4 in the morning randomly swat the floor and the next day sweep up the roach carcasses.

When she left maintenance coordinated with us (the apartment below) and the apartment above to bomb at the same time and we finally got the upper hand on the roaches...

• I had a neighbor who had a cockroach farm... unfortunately it was her entire apartment. I referred to her as "Queenie the roach breeder".

At night I'd pour a bit of bleach down my drains and would get up at 3 or 4 in the morning randomly swat the floor and the next day sweep up the roach carcasses.

When she left maintenance coordinated with us (the apartment below) and the apartment above to bomb at the same time and we finally got the upper hand on the roaches...

😮 wow! I hope those weren't like the ones she raises. These are giants. It always makes me think back to the show Fear Factor...those Madagascar roaches

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• 😮 wow! I hope those weren't like the ones she raises. These are giants. It always makes me think back to the show Fear Factor...those Madagascar roaches

Or maybe Joe's Apartment - some of the best Roach scenes ever in a movie, loved the comment in the credits "No Roaches were hurt making this movie"

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!