What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• DDM hood vents installed tonight. Pretty easy job and of course top notch quality. Measure 100 times, then cut.

Will take it for a test drive tomorrow to see if it stops the flappy fenders. If they still flap then it’s time for those fancy aero catch hood latches I read about. Now that I already cut the hood what’s a few more holes in it.

• Among the other projects I’m working on, this seemed the easiest to do. The new steering wheel came in last night, I rewrapped the orange stripes in carbon fiber vinyl. Decided to leave the white stripes alone, for now. Maybe red? I was able to hook all four buttons up for the horn.

that is a nice looking wheel. different for sure.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• i gotta say from an aesthetic point of view the new side LEDs looks fantastic and update the sling. However, from a night visibility point of view, very underwhelmed. There is very little illumination on the road with these new LEDs comparred to my older LED bulbs in the original projector housing. To the people thst have updated everything including the center lights how do you notice the overall headlight output? I was honestly expecting much much better from the 2020 side LEDs

• i gotta say from an aesthetic point of view the new side LEDs looks fantastic and update the sling. However, from a night visibility point of view, very underwhelmed. There is very little illumination on the road with these new LEDs comparred to my older LED bulbs in the original projector housing. To the people thst have updated everything including the center lights how do you notice the overall headlight output? I was honestly expecting much much better from the 2020 side LEDs

On the 2020+ models, The side LEDs are pretty much considered running lights, and the center setup is the headlight with both lowbeam and highbeam outputs in one housing. That may be why you are seeing less light output with the outer LED conversions.

• On the 2020+ models, The side LEDs are pretty much considered running lights, and the center setup is the headlight with both lowbeam and highbeam outputs in one housing. That may be why you are seeing less light output with the outer LED conversions.

This is the same for lower year models. However the side beams on previous models make a big difference in lightning unlike in the 2020. To me looks like Polaris went the cheap route on the lightning department. I would love to see how much illumination the 2020 center beam provides but i doubt it can make up for the huge loss on the sides

• This is the same for lower year models. However the side beams on previous models make a big difference in lightning unlike in the 2020. To me looks like Polaris went the cheap route on the lightning department. I would love to see how much illumination the 2020 center beam provides but i doubt it can make up for the huge loss on the sides

Gotcha. Maybe with their attempt to look fancy the new ones are less focused compared to the previous years projector beams.

• This is the same for lower year models. However the side beams on previous models make a big difference in lightning unlike in the 2020. To me looks like Polaris went the cheap route on the lightning department. I would love to see how much illumination the 2020 center beam provides but i doubt it can make up for the huge loss on the sides

The center light on the 2020 puts out a pretty good amount of light, actually pretty impressive, the overall visibility at night is definitely better on the 2020 stock compared to the 2015-2019.

• just got word that my Wind Restrictor should be here by Friday and my new Sting Ray roof will be shipping soon!

Also added on a set of LED underbody lights that actually look more impressive that I thought. Never been a big fan of lights like that.

• just finished the install of my wind restrictor. It's mounted in front of the roll bars in preparation for the Stingray roof.

looks nice, but I am curious as to how it impacts your ability to check your blind areas? I have the convex side mirrors on my slingshot and as such I really don't have much blind area, but out of years of habit I still like to look back over my shoulder to double check - looking between the gaps in the hoops just to be sure - - is that still possible with this restrictor? with it illuminated in your picture it would seem to completely block any over the shoulder view

as a side note if you don't already have them I highly recommend the the convex stick on mirrors make seeing whats around you in the slingshot a thousand times better mirror link

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• looks nice, but I am curious as to how it impacts your ability to check your blind areas? I have the convex side mirrors on my slingshot and as such I really don't have much blind area, but out of years of habit I still like to look back over my shoulder to double check - looking between the gaps in the hoops just to be sure - - is that still possible with this restrictor? with it illuminated in your picture it would seem to completely block any over the shoulder view

as a side note if you don't already have them I highly recommend the the convex stick on mirrors make seeing whats around you in the slingshot a thousand times better mirror link

To be honest, I never look over my shoulder in the Slingshot. I use my side mirrors as best as I can and the rear camera when I'm in reverse. Outside of that, if it's behind me, then it's behind me. Situational awareness covers it.

Speaking of view though, I know I read somewhere that there is a way to keep the rear view camera on all the time.

• To be honest, I never look over my shoulder in the Slingshot. I use my side mirrors as best as I can and the rear camera when I'm in reverse. Outside of that, if it's behind me, then it's behind me. Situational awareness covers it.

Speaking of view though, I know I read somewhere that there is a way to keep the rear view camera on all the time.

Hahaha - I disconnected my reverse camera back when they announced the recall - still havn't gotten around to taking it in to get the recall done - - until you mentioned it I had almost forgotten there was a camera =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• To be honest, I never look over my shoulder in the Slingshot. I use my side mirrors as best as I can and the rear camera when I'm in reverse. Outside of that, if it's behind me, then it's behind me. Situational awareness covers it.

I neve use the camera