What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Those wheels are a little dirty!

But that is some bright green you have there

Granted, that pic of the front was an older one and yes, dirty, we were at an event of some sort. That rear pic is clean and shiny, made sure of that before I put the wheel back on :)

I have dragon green accents all over my sling, and I think they came out pretty spiffy!

• My office looks like a bomb hit it but I know where everything is, my workbench no matter how many times I clean it 20 minutes later is the same way. My Slingshot is the one thing I just can’t leave without putting the shine on it.

This sounds crazy but I so anticipate the trips that we take but after about the third day I cringe at how dirty it is and sometimes have actually gotten up early just to try to make it decent for the day.

The only place in my life where I’m OCD is the SS!🤪

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Okay, I know - Pics or it didn't happen. But I was too busy working to take Pics. MiM got some photos from his drone so he might be posting them. But here goes:

Saturday:

1. Fixed front air shroud around radiator that decided to drop & drap on freeway about 15 miles from @2W2X1's house.
    2. Installed new additional 50amp fuse box - 6 fuses & 2 relays. I'll have pics of this up later.
    3. Installed 3 new switches for that fuse box - don't even have the items on the sling yet, but I'm ready! Still have room for 3 more.
    4. Installed a new NRG Steering Wheel & DDM Works Adapter. Well, technically, Joey and my daughter did as I was helping MiM with his springs.
    5. Added velcro to the back of the grab handles so that they would stop slipping around on the roof bars. (Again, my daughter actually did this.)
    6. Installed garage door opener.
    7. Pulled stereo to install those switches. And blew a fuse on the stereo. Which I didn't realize until I got into the sling to drive home in the dark.

Sunday:

1. Pulled the stereo to figure out why it wasn't working. Found 2 amp fuse blown. Replaced with 5 amp (smallest I had).
    2. Removed and Installed new higher-quality 4-channel RCA cable for stereo to amplifier. Of course, had to remove seat. And 4-pt seat belts.
    3. Cleaned up the rat's nest of wires behind the stereo, including cutting some to make them shorter.
      • Found the one that I thought was causing the camera to intermittently work. Fixed it. Nope.
    4. Installed a longer removable switch cable for those switches/fuse box I installed the day before.
    5. Fixed the cell phone mount that broke driving down to SA on Saturday.
    6. Removed/Reinstalled the SSV Works front speaker boxes to get them to sit flush against the frame. Spent most of the time standing with my head upside down at the bottom of the speakers trying to get all the F!*&*$# screws back in. (SSVWorks - I HATE you for all the different types of fasteners you used and where you put them.) Of course, the drivers side speaker wire broke and I had to fix it. Twice. (Cheap axx wire!)

I think I spent more time under the sling than in it the past 2 days. And my body is telling me it. 800mg Ibuprofen is barely helping.

• I know the feeling and now I can not get my head down because of the sinus problems right now. Sinus headache every day, I will be glad when it is over.

• My office looks like a bomb hit it but I know where everything is, my workbench no matter how many times I clean it 20 minutes later is the same way. My Slingshot is the one thing I just can’t leave without putting the shine on it.

This sounds crazy but I so anticipate the trips that we take but after about the third day I cringe at how dirty it is and sometimes have actually gotten up early just to try to make it decent for the day.

The only place in my life where I’m OCD is the SS!🤪

Rallies and such I will be out cleaning 'yesterday' off the Slingshot and getting ready for today.

• I can just picture it now. FunCycle driving sling 1 down to the corner and running back to get sling 2 and driving past to the next corner and running back to get #1 by the end of the year you will be in the best shape of your life but the cowboy boots will be shot and a new pair of nikes will be in order :00008356:hope your feeling better soon, sinus colds and infections really suck not fun at all

• Pulled my battery, it developed a bad cell over the winter. Pulling the battery sucked before the new fuse block that was installed under recall. Now there is one more thing to get in the way. New battery in and ready for another warm day.

• DUDE! ( Little Cali lingo there) i’m tired just reading all the things that you did! GFU!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Pulled my battery, it developed a bad cell over the winter. Pulling the battery sucked before the new fuse block that was installed under recall. Now there is one more thing to get in the way. New battery in and ready for another warm day.

Interestingly enough, I think mine did as well, won't hold a charge after pulling the tender off.

Picked up a new battery at Summit that will get put on in a few days.

Also, tonight, while doing the other side brake calipers, I moved a rag and found one of the brake line washers laying on the floor, OOPS. Had to pull the other wheel off from last night and put that back where it goes. Was afraid I'd do something silly like that, was holding the caliper up with one hand, trying to thread in the brake bolt thingy, all while trying to not get brake fluid on any painted part or mess up my powder coating.

It's fixed now. Hoping tomorrow to get the new parking brake setup for the quad and brakes bled.

SlingRider  Painter  Br4hm4  wickedwebby Troy at TrakHamr sent me a dual parking brake setup with my Wilwood kit. It's a universal kit, made by Lokar here in the US, part number is EC-80FU, assuming it will fit the vette calipers, or be modified to do so. https://www.amazon.com/Lokar-E…ncy-Housing/dp/B000CONKC4

• Saturday at Joey's...

Changed oil and filter (Mobil 1)

Changed springs on jri shocks (red to silver)

Sunday at home...

Changed F4+ windscreen to Polaris double bubbles

Installed my Garmin Virb using Ram mounts on the center brace