What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I don't mind a few mods designed to enhance the looks of my ride, but for the most part I figure if I cant see it from the driver seat then it better be a mod I can feel from the driver seat.

I just never saw much point in spending my money on things only other people really could see and enjoy.

Actually in all my years I have never even changed the wheels on any vehicle I have owned unless the original was damaged or defective

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I don't mind a few mods designed to enhance the looks of my ride, but for the most part I figure if I cant see it from the driver seat then it better be a mod I can feel from the driver seat.

I just never saw much point in spending my money on things only other people really could see and enjoy.

Actually in all my years I have never even changed the wheels on any vehicle I have owned unless the original was damaged or defective

ME NEITHER….

:00008862:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• We have an old saying in my club.. Run she may, shine she must.

F that. Run she must, I'm in it for the thrill! Shine? Well, a few times a year I clean it up pretty well. This was made to run and have fun, a getaway from life's necessities like work and stress. I'd not fit into your club, not meaning offense, but I care way less about shine compared to the statement "Run she MUST".

Personally, don't get the lights and stereo crowd. I want stereo to sound really good. I want to ride and run hard. I want acceleration that puckers my tail. I want cornering that scares me.... until I made it and say to myself that I could have went faster. F the boulevard cruse. I like them, but not even in number 2 of 10 of what I want to do with the SS. Fast, (scary like fast), handles, comfort, nice tunes to hear and listen to, different than most, reliable, dependable, paid for, and most importantly.... MAKING MEMORIES WITH MY WIFE and PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT... those are things that matter to me.

Not bashing you by any means. Dirt washes off, make the most of what you have is all I'm suggesting. It's all about priorities. Yours may be very different that mine. Mine are as stated above. Yours are yours, and if it's club things good for you. I've been in clubs.... I fit way better as a loner that has close friends. You may have them too, happy if you do. :)

• Don't need no mods. She if petty and fast enough. I haven't found a single speed limit she won't do and she gets to the speed limits as fast as she needs to. The only clubs I need fit in a golf bag.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• F that. Run she must, I'm in it for the thrill! Shine? Well, a few times a year I clean it up pretty well. This was made to run and have fun, a getaway from life's necessities like work and stress. I'd not fit into your club, not meaning offense, but I care way less about shine compared to the statement "Run she MUST".

Personally, don't get the lights and stereo crowd. I want stereo to sound really good. I want to ride and run hard. I want acceleration that puckers my tail. I want cornering that scares me.... until I made it and say to myself that I could have went faster. F the boulevard cruse. I like them, but not even in number 2 of 10 of what I want to do with the SS. Fast, (scary like fast), handles, comfort, nice tunes to hear and listen to, different than most, reliable, dependable, paid for, and most importantly.... MAKING MEMORIES WITH MY WIFE and PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT... those are things that matter to me.

Not bashing you by any means. Dirt washes off, make the most of what you have is all I'm suggesting. It's all about priorities. Yours may be very different that mine. Mine are as stated above. Yours are yours, and if it's club things good for you. I've been in clubs.... I fit way better as a loner that has close friends. You may have them too, happy if you do. :)

I hear what you are saying, but I think you went way overboard with your explanation... It was and is a saying not a religious experience and of course everyone wants their machine to run... (you know, like take a couple of minutes to clean it)

I have ridden in and on everything from Crotch rockets, drag racers, most types of two wheelers, and Can-Am's to the back seat of an F-4 Phantom and I know that speed it fun. So your private club is drive it like you stole it... or something .. anyways... enjoy your ride.

Since 1969 I have done just what you say with the memories.. and no offense to you.. some of my favorite memories are with people I just met. I have been in 45 out of our 50 states and Mexico and Canada and Japan and Europe. My least favorite was SE Asia... Lots of memories...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• F that. Run she must, I'm in it for the thrill! Shine? Well, a few times a year I clean it up pretty well. This was made to run and have fun, a getaway from life's necessities like work and stress. I'd not fit into your club, not meaning offense, but I care way less about shine compared to the statement "Run she MUST".

I have to agree with a majority of your thought.

I can't afford fast and scary. Comfort and cruise is my stress relief. And as much as I hate cleaning, shine gets it done. Maybe washed and waxed twice a year, but dust and windshield often.

That doesn't mean I don't get wild on a lonely road or pop a silly in town occasionally.

The stop lights tickle me. Some folks stop 15 feet behind me. People in every vehicle you could imagine launch off of me like they were at Good Time Charlie's Drag Strip. I then pull into Sonic, grab a real fruit slush, point the Slingshot toward a road and refresh. :00000455:

I may look fast...

But, I don't have to be. I will get there. ;)

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Clearly the winner is both...

It's not a this OR that, it's this AND that...

Price being equal, no one would say, give me the slow version... And price being equal, you'd want that "looks" better to you, in your opinion.

So if you've got the means, do what you can, when you can, in the order you want...

It's really that simple.

• now we're talking, totally agree, not into all the lights and bling,.. not into 100mph in 3 seconds, or louder the better.. but a nice clean sling cruising is classy and wins every time