Do you like it?

• Am I the only one here who actually enjoys riding my Slingshot in light rain? - - I dont care for the flooded intersections and mess that comes with heavy rain, but I actually find it refreshing when it is lightly sprinkling - - - only down side is the cleanup on the back of the tub

So am I the only one?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• hate cleaning the sling after driving in the rain

yea cleaning is a pain, but even a wet intersection is enough to turn the back ow the tub into a filthy mess

• never done more than 20 or 30 minutes in rain so I cant address how it would be for a really long ride

• You're right, especially in a warm climate area. I find the rain refreshing sometimes and even challenging. 2 things to hate about it though--hydroplaning and cleaning. The Sling is one of the worst vehicles for cleaning. Every nook and cranny gets filthy and the porous plastic both inside, outside and underneath loves to hold on to the dirt.

• You're right, especially in a warm climate area. I find the rain refreshing sometimes and even challenging. 2 things to hate about it though--hydroplaning and cleaning. The Sling is one of the worst vehicles for cleaning. Every nook and cranny gets filthy and the porous plastic both inside, outside and underneath loves to hold on to the dirt.

This is why I'm considering a complete ceramic coating, inside and out. The guy says he does a lot of razers and the like, to help in cleaning. Said he'd do my entire SS for $1k and warranties for 7 years.

• I drive mine to work almost every day 22 miles each way. If it's really bad weather I'll drive my Challenger but as it has over 232000 miles on it so I keep that to a minimum. Strangest thing to happen during a bad storm, the ditches were overflowing the road in places. An oncoming car splashed me from a puddle and the next thing I know I was covered in agree red ants. Those bitches can put a hurting on you.

By the way Bike Week weather is turning out just fine. A bit cool though.

• You're the only one. I've ridden in light and heavy rain and it sucks all the way.

• 40 MPH - Somewhat annoying.
    • 50 MPH - Really starting to sting now.
    • 60 MPH - OMFG@%^^*(_)&($%#@# OUCH! DAM IT!

And that is why I always have rain gear and a helmet on board. If you want to give yourself the torture test of all times try riding two wheels with no windshield in the rain with jeans on but no underwear. That rain will float like a butterfly but sting your balls like many bee's. You'll only do it once. :huh:

• And that is why I always have rain gear and a helmet on board. If you want to give yourself the torture test of all times try riding two wheels with no windshield in the rain with jeans on but no underwear. That rain will float like a butterfly but sting your balls like many bee's. You'll only do it once. :huh:

I bought a frog toggs rain suit shortly after I got my Slingshot put it in the compartment behind the driver seat - - its still there folded the way it came in the case it came in, never been touched - - even having driven in some pretty heavy rain I have never been inspired to stop and put it on

oh well

• I bought a frog toggs rain suit shortly after I got my Slingshot put it in the compartment behind the driver seat - - its still there folded the way it came in the case it came in, never been touched - - even having driven in some pretty heavy rain I have never been inspired to stop and put it on

oh well

if I'm to lazy to stop and put on my gear I will expect to get wet, sometimes I care, sometimes I don't.

• Just don't care that much for rain when riding the Slingshot. I always felt safer in rain on my SV650A or DL650 than in my Slingshot. I've had some scary moments in the Slingshot I never experienced on 2 wheels, even after slowing down in the Slingshot. I don't take the Slingshot out if rain is forecast and if I get caught in rain, I try to slow way down, yet I've still had some Oh S... moments.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I second the NAY's...

but we've never been through a summer rain... seems we always get stuck having to ride in cold rain only during cooler months.

Image result for forrest gump little bitty stinging rain

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)