Other Money Pits / Hobbies

• I don't know if it's a hobbie. But it's a money pit. I am into home automation. I have nearly every switch in my house controlled via automaton. And I monitor every door lock and can control them.

I have my alarm tied to the automation system so each zone can trigger and influence a light or any other activity. 18 zones of 89 total sprinklers are each controlled by automation. Climate control is also controlled and their are the 12 HD 720 cameras around the property. Water and power are monitored and graphed. Each powered device has its own unique power signature that shows up in real-time.

There is a lot more going on but that is kind of a basic idea of my place. The money pit comes into play when you figure out that there is some sort new device coming on the market every day.

What about the power goes out?

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• What about the power goes out?

I have a 15kw Generac Generator that can surge to 22KW. It runs everything in my home. It is dual fuel so mainly it runs off of a 500 gallon propane tank. And if for some reason I run out of propane (highly unlikely) it will run on gasoline.

I keep about 2/3 of the propane tank full so it would be able to run for a few weeks im sure.

• I'm a self taught musician. Started on guitar, moved to keys/synthesizers. Have a moderately impressive home studio. With at least a few grand in equipment that I'm using to teach myself how to play, audio engineering and video editing.

I uploaded this last night:

• My new money pit is my cabin in the mountains. I original bought it as vacation home but with the way the political climate is changing I am preparing to move there. I have been making the basic improvements - New Roof - Back up Generator - New on demand water heater - refinishing floors 22 new windows - 4 storm doors

It is a log home and pretty efficient as far as heating and cooling goes and I just contracted to build 30 x 30 garage. It is going to kill me to downsize my shop but I do not think I can hang anything bigger off the side of a mountain.

Going to be selling off a lot of toys and equipment to be able to downsize to the new digs but I am looking forward to it. I love the mountains of North Carolina and the weather is not as harsh as it was up north.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My two other money "pits" or hobbies is watch collecting and cigars. I have about three humidors with like 200 cigars at the moment and growing. Watches I currently own about 30 wristwatches. I wear them all some more than others. Some of them are investment pieces as well.

• My two other money "pits" or hobbies is watch collecting and cigars. I have about three humidors with like 200 cigars at the moment and growing. Watches I currently own about 30 wristwatches. I wear them all some more than others. Some of them are investment pieces as well.

I LOVE watches; but don't generally wear them...

• I was looking for a spot to leave this post and decided this was as good as any. A couple of years ago I brought home a bunch of used horse shoes and immediately my wife wanted to know what I was going to do with them. Told her I didn't know yet but that I would figure it out. More junk she says. Fast forward to this past week when I needed a home made gift for a special birthday and this is what I came up with.

since I had the shoes I made a few extras which the wife immediately claimed. Funny how a few welds changed her perspective.

• NICE Arrow! My 140 is a bit different in that is has an 0-360 (180 hp) and constant speed prop. Gives me a bit more speed buy no where near you. Useful load stayed the same but the plane doesn't know that. Fly safe ! ! !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

• NICE Arrow! My 140 is a bit different in that is has an 0-360 (180 hp) and constant speed prop. Gives me a bit more speed buy no where near you. Useful load stayed the same but the plane doesn't know that. Fly safe ! ! !

Didn't realize they did a 180 with a constant speed prop back then (1965?), that should be a nice performing plane. Fly safe also! If you get down by KGMU, let me know!

• Didn't realize they did a 180 with a constant speed prop back then (1965?), that should be a nice performing plane. Fly safe also! If you get down by KGMU, let me know!

They didn't. STC upgrade after the first engine ran out. Correct on the 65.

Will do. I'm based at KRDG (Reading, PA)

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

• Enrolled in ground school twice. First just before Desert Storm, second just before 9/11. Bad timing, both got derailed. Aero clubs permanently removed from air bases after 9/11. From time to time I think about pursuing again, mostly after a few beers ^^. Now retired. I actually just ordered (today) Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge / Airplane Flying Handbook Combo. At this point cost vs actual use is the biggest deterrent. I figured in my spare I can do some reading. Who knows, books are just a few bucks. If I do decide to go for it I'll enroll in an actual ground/flight school. There's one at a local airport 15 minutes away.