Farewell to a Legend

• Well, since it's April 3rd, and looks like this is really happening, I'll post up. Larry is special, not in the short bus way either! He has helped many on here including myself. I'm glad he got the Harley, and I'm glad he's been enjoying it. I did not realize he was selling his Slingshot, I don't look in the for sale area like I should. Of all the ones I've seen, that one is one that I found to be done to my liking enough that I'd have considered it. I knew @pricejh61 said he would soon have the SS in orange, but I didn't connect the dots.

I will be one that will miss Larry's posts on here greatly. His humor ran parallel to mine, and he was always one of the first to answer questions. To say he will be missed here...... I believe that is a vast understatement! I understand and respect his choice, and wish him nothing but the very best in whatever direction he is going.....

Miss him everyday... I do hope he checks in from time to time ~> and even though he’s now known as “bi-pod”, he’ll always be OUR @Tripod and loved by us all!! <3

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• What if this is all a big ruse so @Tripod could go on vacation and than go pick some up his brand new totally custom slingshot from DDM...

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• Larry - I know you are gone. Lost a great one today... Not gone as in past away (for those reading this late).

Hope our paths cross again.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Well, since it's April 3rd, and looks like this is really happening, I'll post up. Larry is special, not in the short bus way either! He has helped many on here including myself. I'm glad he got the Harley, and I'm glad he's been enjoying it. I did not realize he was selling his Slingshot, I don't look in the for sale area like I should. Of all the ones I've seen, that one is one that I found to be done to my liking enough that I'd have considered it. I knew @pricejh61 said he would soon have the SS in orange, but I didn't connect the dots.

I will be one that will miss Larry's posts on here greatly. His humor ran parallel to mine, and he was always one of the first to answer questions. To say he will be missed here...... I believe that is a vast understatement! I understand and respect his choice, and wish him nothing but the very best in whatever direction he is going.....

You would not have found it in the For Sale section. Back in December I announced that I was looking for a good sling to purchase. @Slingrazor offered me that beautiful Blue one. Oh, it was so tempting....Blue is my favorite color.... a couple of days later Larry contacted me and offered up his Nuc 'em Orange. It was one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make since I retired... Nancy actually made the final decision. She really liked the orange and the roof.

Current plans are that Miss N and I will fly into El Paso sometime late April/early May and meet up with Larry, take possession of the Slingshot and spend the night in Las Cruses. We will probably head over to La Posta that evening for some traditional Mexican feast. In the morning e will begin our ride to East Tennessee in the Nuc 'em Orange sling. Wish we could go now. But, Nancy has jury duty beginning 4/9. As soon as she is done with that we'll go get it.

I fully understand, and appreciate, Larrys' position and mind set. As Don Ameche said "Things Change." I wish him well, much success and great joy.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• You would not have found it in the For Sale section. Back in December I announced that I was looking for a good sling to purchase. @Slingrazor offered me that beautiful Blue one. Oh, it was so tempting....Blue is my favorite color.... a couple of days later Larry contacted me and offered up his Nuc 'em Orange. It was one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make since I retired... Nancy actually made the final decision. She really liked the orange and the roof.
    Current plans are that Miss N and I will fly into El Paso sometime late April/early May and meet up with Larry, take possession of the Slingshot and spend the night in Las Cruses. We will probably head over to La Posta that evening for some traditional Mexican feast. In the morning e will begin our ride to East Tennessee in the Nuc 'em Orange sling. Wish we could go now. But, Nancy has jury duty beginning 4/9. As soon as she is done with that we'll go get it.

I fully understand, and appreciate, Larrys' position and mind set. As Don Ameche said "Things Change." I wish him well, much success and great joy.

Expect you will let us know when you will be stopping by on the way home. We live just off the 40 in the Little Rock area.

• Expect you will let us know when you will be stopping by on the way home. We live just off the 40 in the Little Rock area.

Would love to swing by. We’re still plotting out the route. Going to stay off the super slabs. Thinking of riding the Natchez Trace from Natchez into Tennessee. A lot depends on the spring storm patterns. We know them all too well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter