Tickets, speeding or other

• I don't know if is really that fast. I received a reckless driving ticket (on motorcycle) for approx 100mph on the Cherahola Skyway. And I wasn't even running that fast. I contracted an attorney and beat it. They had it changed to a broken tail light ticket. Cost me 250.00.

When I met the trooper I had been running waaaaay below the 40 mph limit. (People I met earlier gave the sign that there was a cop coming toward me) It took him 5 miles from where he said i was speeding to actually pull me over and I was still running 40mph. He kept saying he had someone at the top of the skyway running radar and kept threatening me that he could put me in jail for speeding or I could take a reckless driving ticket and go on my way. I just gave in and said write whatever the hell gets me out of here. (It was 95 degrees and i had on leather. It had been over AN HOUR sitting in the sun)

When I contacted the attorney they said they had plenty of people with the same issue.

I am a few years past that event. And now I know how to handle it. They will feed my fat ass the next time I get the choice. Especially when I know I'm in the right and they have nothing on me. I hope no one has to go thru that ordeal.

• 125 in a 45 while driving on a suspended license for too many points in a 12 month period. This was a long time ago. Ended up in the slammer. Couple grand for bail to get out and a court appearance a few days later on my 19th birthday.
    That's why my stock slingshot tire still looks like new.

Stephen

• 125 in a 45 while driving on a suspended license for too many points in a 12 month period. This was a long time ago. Ended up in the slammer. Couple grand for bail to get out and a court appearance a few days later on my 19th birthday.
    That's why my stock slingshot tire still looks like new.

Stephen

It sucks to stand in front of the court room. Been in that position myself.

• Especially when the judge says " damn son, what do you drive?" It was a mustang at that time but most of them came from a CRX. I was fast and furious before it was cool. LOL.

Stephen

• Coming back from SSITS last year I was driving through Georgia and blew past a cop well over 100 mph. I was in the left lane and he was in the middle lane. No radar or anything. I just wasn't paying attention. He pulled me over and wrote the ticket as 90 in a 65. Ended up costing me over $700 and now I'm considered a "Super Speeder" in the state of Georgia.

• sorry about that @kenny_h we profile out of staters here in GA... tongue-squared

Wonder why I got stopped for 84 in a 65 then... ? sad-squared
    I was really decelerating from about 110 and he clocked me at 95. Nice guy that reduced it so I was just under the Superspeeder trip point. Yes Sirs and no sirs still go a long way when your in the wrong.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I got clocked doing 124 mph in a 55. I had a literal break down in front of the officer after I tried to avoid the officer. Explained that if I didn't make it back to college in time for my work study job that I wouldn't be able to stay in college. He gave me a break and wrote the ticket for 19 over...however the fine was ridiculous. I'm sure somebody had some questions.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Coming back from SSITS last year I was driving through Georgia and blew past a cop well over 100 mph. I was in the left lane and he was in the middle lane. No radar or anything. I just wasn't paying attention. He pulled me over and wrote the ticket as 90 in a 65. Ended up costing me over $700 and now I'm considered a "Super Speeder" in the state of Georgia.

Well I don't think the cop liked your answer when he asked you why you were speeding. Oh no officer, I'm not speeding, I was qualifying

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I stopped after seeing a Altamonte Motorcycle Police Unit one of the toughest and unforgiving units in the state of Florida point his radar gun at me . I stopped because I had no where to hide. His boots where shiny his pen and pad where out and he looked like LAW ENFORCEMENT POSTER CHILD.......... After giving several vehicles tickets he approached me and asked why did you stop?

Because you pointed the gun at me and waved me over Officer.....
    Well it wasn't you I wanted to stop it was the two vehicles behind you but if you want a ticket I can do that. I started sweating blood.....a Then magical words.........nice SS get out of here..............

• Playing nice with the local leo's goes a long way...
    OTOH, anybody having any luck mounting radar detectors in the SS? I was thinking of hanging mine from the Stinger...?

Tip from a former LEO. If pulled over and you have a radar detector and an officer sees it, it is almost never a warning given. Have it where you can rip it down quickly.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• Who's got the biggest ticket?
    • I just went to court today with a 94 in 55 zone I got about a month ago,325 bucks,I can afford to go faster.

240 in a 120 zone KM not miles and on a bike. The unlimited autobahn zone had changed. Had to ride the bus for a month. I'm not sharing the fine.

Home of the free - because of the brave

Edited 3 times, last by Cape Sling: corrected ().

• I actually muted mine once and left it up in the windshield. He came to the window and said "that didn't help you very much did it?". He was slightly smiling so I tried to make him laugh. I said " you see all this stuff in the front floorboard? It was all in the back seat until the detector went off!". He laughed and said to slow it down and let me go.

• Getting Speeding Tickets??? I wrote the book on that!!!! Maybe I should get to know some of you guys that got off scot-free!
    Would you believe me if I told you I got a speeding ticket in one of these? A damn Gremlin!
    I got the picture from the web, but I had one of these....a long time ago! (No jokes, please)
    True story! (And YES, I am ashamed)

LAUGH IT UP!!!