No Turbo/No SC

• I have to agree that SC is NOT the way to go if your looking for added fuel mileage! I'm right there with @rabtech and am only getting approx 13mpg and I dont have anything near the horsepower he does! I do have the boosted DDM fuel rail,injectors and other cool extras that may not help!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• That sounds terrible all of the gas mileage problems with forced induction. I'm turbo'd and still getting 30mpg, with 305hp to the wheel (at sea level, not sure here in CO). There are 8 bars on the fuel tank meter, fuel light comes on at around 7.5 gallons, so approximately 1 gallon/bar. I'm getting between 225 to 240 miles at fill up. I actually use the bars on the gauge to monitor fuel consumption (should be 30 miles per bar). Could be that here in CO,the ECU is reading less air and recalculating fuel consumption to be less (ECU is still closed loop), but pretty strange to hear everyone is getting crappy gas mileage. I don't remember what I was getting before being boosted.

(I'll try to get some pics on this tank)

• With my DDM SC ... my last 2 tanks got me 230+ miles and the worse has been on track day... but I don't give a care... it's pure fun no matter what I get.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• That sounds terrible all of the gas mileage problems with forced induction. I'm turbo'd and still getting 30mpg, with 305hp to the wheel (at sea level, not sure here in CO). There are 8 bars on the fuel tank meter, fuel light comes on at around 7.5 gallons, so approximately 1 gallon/bar. I'm getting between 225 to 240 miles at fill up. I actually use the bars on the gauge to monitor fuel consumption (should be 30 miles per bar). Could be that here in CO,the ECU is reading less air and recalculating fuel consumption to be less (ECU is still closed loop), but pretty strange to hear everyone is getting crappy gas mileage. I don't remember what I was getting before being boosted.

@jookyone..... How the hell are you????? Glad to see you. Don't think I have seen you here ... Or has old age creeped up on me sooner than expected?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @Ruptured Duck
    I had only posted here in the very beginning of this website, and I may have had a hand in the logo design :)
    Life is good, just lots of moving parts, so my Slingshot and I both kinda took a hiatus over the past year or so. My wife and I embraced the electric future and invested in severely overpriced and depreciating assets commonly known as Teslas. In an effort to get some return on investment, they do afford us the opportunity to drive all over the country with free supercharging and towing a popup, so for a family of four trying to live the dream, cheap transport and accommodations can't be beat. Just put the Slingshot on the backburner for a bit. Between the two, we have 95k miles in 17 months and my kids have been all across the country and Canada.

On topic with regard to fuel, my 30mpg in the Slingshot doesn't compare to the 95mpge of the Tesla, and the lack of towing and room for four was a hinderance as well despite my efforts to stack my family 3 high in the passenger seat. Will be interesting to see if the Sondors Electric Car comes to fruition ($10k+ electric 3 wheeler), or becomes a lost pile of money like the Elio. Polaris needs to get on this hybrid or electric thing so we aren't writing threads about fuel economy.

If you haven't seen the Sondors, interesting concept, I'm definitely interested.

Howdy Jookyone. Not trying to tell you what to do, BUT. Having a turbo, it's extremely important that you do not run the fuel tank that low. It doesn't take much for the fuel slosh in the tank to cause a lean condition if the pump pickup in not in in contact with enough fuel. Operating under boost and a lean condition can be fatal. Just ask Stickedick who tried to prove it the detriment of TWO blown engines

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Thanks for the heads up @funinthesun sorry to hear about Stickerdicks motors... ouch! I think last time I was lurking around, he was working on a Honda powerplant?

I fill up at last bar, but well aware of lean conditions. I had Bob tune my Slingshot personally, and I've "padded" it rich at certain throttle points to account for how I drive. I monitor everything through my AEM failsafe, and haven't been on the track with it (yet) and typically don't blast away thru the mountains on low fuel. The fuel pump pulls from the rear of the fuel tank at the bottom, so you'd have to be pretty low to have a fuel slosh, assuming the tank actually holds 9.8 gallons of fuel and the 2+ gallons I've calculated after fuel light is actually in there somewhere (11 gallon volume, but you can see the shape wouldn't allow you to fill that much).

Before I boosted, I just happened to be the first one to get Bob's NA tune which I tested on a 6700 mile road trip immediately after (details on that other forum). It did solve a lot of fuel inconsistencies at the time and made it butter smooth, but also at the time, Polaris had not released their own updated fuel maps which came from a later dealer installed ECM update.

Nice to see that some people are experiencing fuel efficiency gains from it still. The visual map of the Polaris' first map looked like a porcupine.

• Like everyone else said CAI, Header exhaust. I was thinking of trying the Hann intake that was ported and such. Maybe try a different crank shaft.
    The super charger defiantly makes a difference in performance. I was behind @Slingrazor and another boosted guy and they had some serious HP. I had to push mine hard to keep up. Like I wouldn't have been anyway 8o

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Like everyone else said CAI, Header exhaust. I was thinking of trying the Hann intake that was ported and such. Maybe try a different crank shaft.
    The super charger defiantly makes a difference in performance. I was behind @Slingrazor and another boosted guy and they had some serious HP. I had to push mine hard to keep up. Like I wouldn't have been anyway 8o

Now you have mentioned it, I shall stand on my soapbox and let others know.
    @Chain drove his stock SS as good as any other I have ever seen. His talent is :thumbsup: akin to @FunCycle which is high praise.

• I already have the injen Cai, 1320 header and Cat delete. I want to keep the stock Muffler cuz I like the rumble when letting off the gas and it's quiet at other times. I guess that's about all I can do for now for HP increase.

I did the same thing. If you are not forcing air in, the stock set up is not that restrictive once the header is replaced. Keeps the fumes down, and I can tell you that it will get some louder after use with the header. I actually like the sound of mine as well or better than any I've heard since it's gotten a little louder.