An Amazing Surprise for An Amazing Slingshot Brother

• This will be a longer read, but will really show you how great the Slingshot community is and how great/caring some of our vendors are on here.

One of our fellow forum members @Oldfogey "proudly" damaged his motor a few months ago when racing his SS against a supercharged mustang. He walked all over that mustang, but his motor unfortunately was a dud and couldn't handle the awesomeness of the supercharger power at 4th gear redline.

When a couple of vendors heard about his issue, they raised their hands to help him get back on the road. @Turbosling - Henry at Alpha went out of his way to provide a replacement motor and worked with @Painter to get an amazing custom painted valve cover and coil pack cover made to pay tribute to Paul's service in the 173rd Airborne Brigade. @slingmods kindly donated a custom third brake decal, trim pieces, and an e-brake cover. AZ Kawasaki & Slingshot in Apache Junction, AZ donated a new clutch and worked on the machine several hours to install the custom parts, do all the recalls, and detailed the machine before the unveil. They also hosted an awesome party to surprise Paul this morning and almost all of the great people the in East Valley Slingshots group attended.

@Joshua Wesley Moore, the AZ Kawi &Slingshot service manager donated a ton of personal time on his days off to work with me in my 115 degree garage to get everything installed on Paul's machine so we could surprise him. Paul helped pull his motor, but had no idea that we were going to finish everything for him with donated items given by gracious people listed above.

Great things happen to great people and we were all very happy to help Paul get his beloved Slingshot back on the road!

Below are some videos and pictures of the experience...

https://youtu.be/YQM6JpI9wjg

https://youtu.be/-5AIiZMKlFY

https://youtu.be/_fpVL-XKGA

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• You are so right @TravAZ ...... Each and every one of us have made this a very special place! I'm honored to have been a very small part of this and humbled to have something I've done on this American Hero's Sling.
    Thank you Henry ( @Turbosling ) for giving me the opportunity!

Enjoy @Oldfogey .... You deserve it and thank you for your service and sacrifice so we can preserve Freedom!

• Very honored to help a great man. I met Paul last year when I was working at sligmods event in Cali. I had a rental car but Paul gave me a ride from the hotel to the event center. It was a long day, and when the day was over among all of the people and slingshot owners Paul made sure I had a ride back.

We got talking and got to know each other. Paul told me about his time in Vietnam and we talked about how sour and wrong it was when hero's returned home to be spit on and bashed. Vietnam was no joke and the scars that follow I will never know but talking to Paul I got a small glimpse of what he endured.

We stayed in touch after the slingmods weekend. It was the middle of winter here and the day I had the V8 sling out on the frozen lake doing exhibition runs I get a msg that Paul smoked his sling. I call him up to see what was up and he sounded pretty exited for what I was told happend. Sure enough Paul was excited because he raced a supercharged mustang and beat it even though his engine took a dump after the race! As I was asking him what happend, what the engine sounded like ect... He kept saying oh well I still won!!

The slingshot is a toy for most of us, but for Paul the sling a machine that lets him forget the past and live on among good friends.
    I thought about this allot late at night and when I was with my family and enjoying beautiful day's fee as a bird. None of this is possible if it is not for people like Paul and all of our armed forces that keep us free and safe.

I call up Travis and devise a plan to help Paul and Travis is on board! Few more calls and get a few others to jump in and of course josh at Slingmods was more than willing to fill up a goodies bag! From the amazing work ive seen painter do I call him up and he jumps in before I can even finish what im saying!! The valve cover and coil cover that I got back gave me tingles.

The plan was for me and troy to fly out and help Travis install the engine and goodies but this spring/summer was just too crazy and we haven't been able to make time to get out. The big thanks is to Travis @TravAZ he kept at it and got it done with the help of Josh at Arizona Kawasaki to make sure the circle was completed!

• I'm overwhelmed at this point by the incredible generosity I've received from you @Painter, Henry@'Turbosling', @Joshua Wesley Moore, Jeff Chapman and Cesar at Arizona Kawasaki & Slingshot, @SlingMods_Josh, Keith at SlingMods and of course, TravAZ. It doesn't happen often but I'm absolutely at a loss for words. It dropped my jaw and choked me up when I realized what was happening. When I saw your valve cover I was blown away!!! It really touched me @Painter and I just want you to know how much I appreciate it!

• @Oldfogey Paul Thank you for your service Sir! I hope to see you someday and give you a hug!

@Turbosling Thank you for... well being you! I am proud to call you my friend!

@Painter you never cease to amaze me my dear friend! Much love!

@slingmods you guys are the real deal! Thank you for making our community that much better!

@TravAZ you Sir have taken that bar up a notch! Really shows what kind of man you are!

I have been waiting to see this happen...Sunday morning tears in a good way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @Turbosling I just read your post and I'm having a hard time expressing myself. I've never had anything like this happen and all I can say is thank you so much!

You did your deed and you're part of one of the best generations. It's our responsibility to take care of our elders,especially hero's. After all you are a oldfogey!

• God Bless you Paul for for your service and god bless all of you for this amazing thing you have done. I haven't had the chance to actually meet any of you yet having only had my sling for a short time, but It seems that I have been blessed to have this chance to get to know a great bunch of people :D

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I want to add my thanks to everyone also. @Oldfogey I was in service at the same time, but I never left the Atlantic Ocean. Thanks again GENTLEMEN

• Paul - We know how much the Slingshot means to you, and glad we could pitch in where possible! We thank you for your service!

Henry reached out when this first happened, told me the story, and told me what the plan was. Between being in touch with Henry and Travis, i'm glad we could do something to pitch in. We knew we had to help a brother out, and are glad to see you back up and running. This community is nothing short of amazing, and are glad to be apart of it.