Slingventure to the Magical House of Paint!

• Motor Maids... Worlds oldest and largest women's MC. They have to ride everywhere on their own bike - no trailer allowed. A few are in their mid 90's and ride 600-700 miles a day when traveling.
    Formed in 1940 and still strong!

• Motor Maids... Worlds oldest and largest women's MC. They have to ride everywhere on their own bike - no trailer allowed. A few are in their mid 90's and ride 600-700 miles a day when traveling.
    Formed in 1940 and still strong!

That is so cool!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Marco why are you sending something to jim what did you do?

Whatever Marco sent... Jim can fix!
    *just hope its nothing too serious like a major scratch down to the primer (that paint job was AMAZING)! ;(

It hasn't even been a week!

Marco may need to send himself to detention!

Well guys... Didn't want to say anything until Jim got some needed time off... Even now it may be too soon, but y'all with your peer pressure...

On the way home from visiting my brother in Dallas... I got rain on the 45 south to Houston... It rained for a good portion... Well, it wasn't until I was about 60 miles from home, already in the greater metropolitan area of Houston... Conroe and the Woodlands specifically, that I crossed two streams of water that were rushing down the highway as runoff from a bridge above the highway... Thankfully I had decided to get on the farthest left HOV lane... This lane also had a left shoulder to work with...

Well... As I approached those streams... Probably going between 60 and 70, I thought, "are those going to cause a problem?" :/

I gripped the wheel tightly... Drove over... And sure enough... :S the back tire let loose and I was sideways, still going south quickly and facing the concrete barrier... I quickly spun the wheel back and ended up turning enough to just slam my left wheel into the concrete... It caused me to ricochet and then scrape my left panels across the concrete... The force then spun me towards traffic, but still in the shoulder and HOV lane area so I didn't get hit by any traffic, but finally ended up facing north, looking at oncoming traffic. Let me tell you... I don't know how I didn't get hit by any 18 wheelers or other traffic... Honestly, the damage was minor in my opinion...

I sat there gathering myself and thoughts, then got out and assessed the damage... It was all on the left...

That wheel really took most of the impact... I don't think stock wheels would have held up as well... But who knows?

After that it was a bit of process trying to get turned around on the 45 (for those that know Houston traffic, it was nonstop)... But I managed... and then going slow, though everyone around me was going fast, I was able to exit the highway and pull into a lot.

I mentioned in another thread to @Bill Martin that our buddy @TX Slingshot helped me out, well he did! Got me trailered home as the dealer was closed Monday and insurance wasn't going to cover a 60 mile tow...

So there you have it... Jim... I'm sorry! Whatever I owe you, let me know... ;(

Special thanks to @DKF Texas, @jorgebri60, and @Slingrazor for being there with various supports...

Those who ride in rain... Just be safe! When it happens, it's going to happen...

The actual rain wasn't even too bad... I had worse going to Atlanta and then Indiana! But that's how it goes...

Anyway, new wheels ordered and panels shipped to @Painter... Hopefully she's back up, pieced together and no serious damage has been done (aside from an obvious alignment I need)...

• @MiM - Glad you are unharmed my friend

Paint can be fixed - but you could never be replaced...
    If you are in need of any specific parts put the word out we all have spare stuff on the shelf - If I have something you need just give me a mailing address and it is yours

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Wow! @MiM I am glad your ok after that wreck... I told you I hated wafter didn't I???? :whistling:

It sucks to wreck. At least with the paint being new your new panel paintwork will all match up. @Painter will get you fixed back up.. Like many have said, you can fix a slingshot quite easily but it's a bit harder to fix a human body....

I wanted to also say that it was nice meeting you in Atlanta and I am sure I'll be seeing you soon at an event.

Be safe and stay out of water....... :thumbup:

• Really glad you were not injured @MiM!! :thumbsup:
    Really sad that your super awesome Sling took a bad hit before you were able to get home!! I know @Painter will fix you up, good as new, but Damn...it still sucks that this happened!! :cursing:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Well all I can say is you got the first scratch out of the way so from here on nothing will happen. Glad to hear your ok. Painter will get it looking like new again I am sure

So true! Marco let me know when you want to get your alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Marco, all I can say is that I'm glad you weren't hurt! That said, it hurt to just look at those pictures! All the work, the long hours, the bleeding fingers, and one 20 plus hour day...... and you didn't even get to make it all the way home! Jim will get this fixed, I have no doubt in that. Very sorry for what happened, but at that speed it could have been so much worse! Hang in there @MiM, it's bound to get better from here on out!