• Do any of you carry any tools with you in your Slingshot. And if the answer is yes which tools do you carry?

I was thinking it might be wise to at minimum carry Torx & a flat blade screwdrivers so that if needed for a jump start I could access the battery. The high heat here in Palm Springs seems to shorten the life of batteries and it is a safe bet that sooner or later I will need a jump.

are there any other tools you wouldn't leave home without?

Right now the only thing that have had with me from day is my tire pressure gauge.

Also do you recommend carrying one of the small portable lithium ion battery jump starters that seem so popular these days?

I look forward to your input on this subject

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I bought a ratcheting screwdriver (Lowes or Home Depot, can't remember) and combined it with a set of long driver bits from Harbor freight that were only slightly shorter than the bits that came with the screwdriver. I keep a Phillips and a slotted blade from the original bit set and a T40 and T25 bit from the HF set. I also have a ratchet handle that accepts the same bits along with a couple sets of short (about 1" long) Torx, metric Hex and assorted screwdriver bits. I keep a couple plastic-handled hooks that I use for removing push pins, a mid-size auto-adjusting-jaw pair of pliers and a long-handled set of metric hex wrenches. I'll take a picture and see if I need a better description of what I have tomorrow. I keep everything in a small HF plastic toolbox.

Update - I have attached a PDF of the tools I keep in my Slingshot. I'm still considering adding a small set of metric sockets. I keep the toolbox and Slime Spair in the driver's storage compartment.

Files

• Toolkit.pdf

(521.02 kB, downloaded 55 times, last: )

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• Yes, I do carry tools and they all fit in the Ace Hardware water proof container. I also carry the tire patch kit and the small Slime air compressor, the small jump starter, also the lug wrench. Do go to the other threads for more info.

• I carry a small compressor and tire plug kit in the hump under the passenger roll hoop. I also carry a multitool that has a crescent wrench and needle nose pliers attachment along with a torx set, some zip ties, tape and flashlight. All of that, behind the driver seat, my jump start battery goes under the passenger seat.

• I carry a small compressor and tire plug kit in the hump under the passenger roll hoop. I also carry a multitool that has a crescent wrench and needle nose pliers attachment along with a torx set, some zip ties, tape and flashlight. All of that, behind the driver seat, my jump start battery goes under the passenger seat.

"in the hump under the passenger roll hoop" - how exactly do uoi get to use this as a storage space?

• No need to access the battery compartment to get a jump....

Polaris Slingshot Battery Jump Start Ports

Yes, I have seen that, but I think it is more reasonable to spend that money on a jump start battery and a torx driver.

• This is a nice tool because it's real hard to tell if these low profile tires is going flat...

I had a slow leak that I had fixed today, turned out to be the valve stem had a piece of shipping plastic between the rim and stem...but I had them install the metal stems that are recommended and came with this....

Polaris Slingshot Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

And had them filled with nitrogen....

This also alerted me sitting in my recliner that the tire was losing air pressure...

• I read "Tools" and just assumed this thread was about me.... how sad I was to see it was just asking what I carry....
    I carry my wifey because she can push while I steer in the event of a break down... If you don't have 1 I'd suggest getting married for that purpose alone its fun testing the gas meter on vehicles :thumbsup:
    (If you ever meet me or my wife do not repeat this as it is a joke...our couch isn't very comfortable :( )

• my current tire pressure in realtime..

I'm not crazy about the bike reresented there but I can live with it...

Just my two cents here, but that's way to much air pressure. Standard specs are 28 psi front, 32 psi rear. I run 28 psi in all three. The front tires grab and wear properly at that pressure for almost all street riding, and the lower rear tire pressure helps a little with getting more traction with a bit more rubber on the road.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'm thinking they used that much pressure to reseat the tires..they were removed to put in metal stems. you can't read my pressure recommendation sticker on the frame because it's covered by my roof support bracket. So they assumed a standard air pressure...for a car

And they also put a big scratch in the powder coat the entire way around one rim...not happy..