Hood fitment issues

• My hood isn't lined up right, I'm trying to get it realigned. There are scrape marks on top of the middle headlight bracket. It looks like it's either banging up and down or sliding back and forth. I'm not sure if all the adjustable rubber things are set for the hood to properly sit on. I spent 3 hours playing with the latch brackets. The back of the hood looks like it's too far to the left looking from the front by 1/4 - 3/8 inch. I know I have to make sure the hood contacts lock downs squarely in the brackets. Any idea why it would be banging on the headlight bracket.....are the latches pulling the hood down too far. The bumpers not adjusted up enough. The dealer put on the heavy rear brackets and he sorta told me they had a hard time getting it lined up. They claim it wasn't wrecked....I'm not so sure...

• Pretty difficult to diagnose something like this without being there in person. Wish I could help, but without seeing it I have nothing. I will say that I had to adjust my latches the day I brought mine home. Took a little playing around with it, but eventually got the hood to shut and latch properly and alignment is good. I may have just gotten lucky too.

• Pretty difficult to diagnose something like this without being there in person. Wish I could help, but without seeing it I have nothing. I will say that I had to adjust my latches the day I brought mine home. Took a little playing around with it, but eventually got the hood to shut and latch properly and alignment is good. I may have just gotten lucky too.

agree.... Some pictures might help. What year?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I need to see pictures of the front hood bumpers...do they have flat washers and jam nuts right under the rubber? And how high are they adjusted? One of mine is just in the whole with no nuts at all. The other has one nut on the bottom and there is no way to adjust it with only one nut..

• These front rubber bumpers are about an inch away from touching the hood....I still need some pictures if your bumpers are set like they came from the factory..

That said I put the new extended hinges on and made some adjustments and it works like advertised...

• The passenger side bumper is correct, the drivers side I have never seen. All of the ones I have seen have the same on both sides, the one you have on the drivers side looks like it would never make contact. The height of these bumpers should be the same and should be turned down to the lowest point as shown in the picture with the passenger side.

Did you buy yours new from a Dealer? Maybe they can fix you up. If not let me know, I have a couple of spares laying around.

• Installed the new extended hinges...everything looks and works great....except those front bumpers do not contact the hood...I would guess they were put there for a reason...the open how on the driver side is because to took the bumper out for the picture....the passenger side bumper has one nut under the hole but there is no way to adjust them up to make contact.....

• Installed the new extended hinges...everything looks and works great....except those front bumpers do not contact the hood...I would guess they were put there for a reason...the open how on the driver side is because to took the bumper out for the picture....the passenger side bumper has one nut under the hole but there is no way to adjust them up to make contact.....

With the hood closed and latched adjust the front lower spoiler, your lower spoiler must be hanging down a bit. Pull the spoiler up and forward, this should bring bumpers just in contact with the hood.

• ok, I got the scoop from the dealer on those front bumpers....there was an update and they have been eliminated in the 2015 models. ..

I stopped in to get a new brain for my Polaris car alarm....under warranty... While the mechanic was driving into the bay he asked me if I noticed some unusual jerking in the steering wheel while making a turn... I said no....and he said there is something wrong and it needs to be fixed...They had one other 2015 with this problem...the steering box need replaced but they have to go through the he diagnostic procedures to get Polaris to cover it under warranty....the process will take 7-10 days.... The part is $1800

• Well if you notice they don't have adjustment nuts and the fix was adding the rubber bumpers way out near the side edge of the hood.

Getting confused I guess, I have the bumpers just a you mentioned, but the other post you said they were eliminated. There is no adjustments on the bumpers at the nose of the hood only on the bumpers at the fenders over the outer lights. Correct?

• That's a stock picture. Not my bike...the black plastic triangle sticking out above and behind the tire. Has a rubber bumper on the end of it... The front rubber bumpers are worthless now and are not on the 2017 models. Just empty holes.