Who is thinking about purchasing a new 2018 (or whatever year the engine changes)

• The large aftermarket modification industry is both a blessing and a curse. We get to pimp our rides with all kinds of expensive goodies BUT when you want to upgrade to a newer model you'll probably only see less than half the cost of those mods on resale and even less on trade.

What tell heck @Flybuddy - you can't actually publish that kind of stuff here - if Karianne reads this and figures out the "investment" mods aren't monetary investments I'll be in the dog house

• The large aftermarket modification industry is both a blessing and a curse. We get to pimp our rides with all kinds of expensive goodies BUT when you want to upgrade to a newer model you'll probably only see less than half the cost of those mods on resale and even less on trade.

Solution: Simply purchase a second Sling to compliment your already heavily modded original!!!!!! :00008172::00008356:

• To be honest, I want to get through this recall business first. Then, on the other side of that, I think what attracted me to the Slingshot in the first place is that the body panels are exchangeable / paintable / removable (skell look), then upgrade the motor to either the DDM model, or even Alpha if they ever let us see it.

Then as systems require attention, replace them. (Brakes, replace with new big brake system, and so on)

I really don't think I will go out of my way to make a new purchase on the Sling at this time. I have future purchases planned out following this one, so I'll make this Sling my own, and then keep it.

Now, just spitballing .... if I wrecked it, (by accident or design) and needed another, I would be hard pressed to consider the new motor in the first couple years. Would rather run with the old one, and fix it up again. The current 2.4 is tried & true. The new motor will need a few miles under it before I would commit that way.

• I put 12,540 miles on mine in less than 6 months after purchasing. It runs/drives better now than anytime in the first 3k miles. As things age, at least for now, I'll just upgrade the components. When the time comes, shocks and sway bar would make mine feel new again. Brakes and wheels with a larger rear tire would change the look and make me feel like it's new again. Engine should last well over 100k (likely 200K plus) without issues if I do stringent maintenance, which I do. May need a clutch, or even an angle drive along the way, but still cost is reasonably low compared to trading and modding new all over again.

Engines are cheap enough should I need one, and plenty are available. For me, I'd rather get new shocks, sway bar, brake upgrade, a supercharger and cams from DDM Works (and possibly their engine with said components installed) for about the same or a little it would cost me to trade to a new SLR or equivalent with the new engine when it comes out (and then start over with Mods). But I've never been all about the new, I prefer the tried and true in a new package. That is why I loved the Slingshot in the first place. Mostly proven components, but in a wild new package that's fun to drive.

• You're forgetting the original "King of the Gently Used", @Slunglow... :D

Man, it sure is easy to get a reputation around you guys... after all the only "gently used" items I have aquired for my Sling are the:
    1) Motegi wheels and Nitto tires
    2) Hahn stage 2 turbo
    3) 2-way adjustable JRI's
    4) J-mod
    5) skull dipped belt guard
    6) Hahn CAI
    7) Alpha side exit cat/delete exhaust
    8) NRG leather/carbon fiber steering wheel
    9) "Faster" red anodized lug nuts
    10) 180 degree panaramic rear view mirror
    11) Super Special Cam cover w/Painter love (see avatar) :00000441:

Hmmm, I'm starting to see a pattern here...
    Maybe I deserve the reputation I have earned.
    Anybody got a good deal on a "gently used" DDM built motor ? ;):whistling::00008172::00008356: