Parting out "The Ultimate Trailer"

• Getting 100+ letters with the added threat of a twitter/FB " campaign if they don't do right by the affected party normally gets their attention.

Fear the power of the twitter/fb! , unless they are a company going out of business and don't give 2 cents of a crap about their "brand".

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Isn't this the same trailer make Ivor had problems with?

That's what I thought he had trouble all the way across country with it. He finally just dumped it and told them to come and get it.

@slolane........you're correct. That's the trailer that is still sitting in Scott's back yard!! It looks good sitting there, but pretty much a useless yard ornament. Best thing Ivor's group did was to ditch that thing. As you know, the rest of the trip was far more relaxed and enjoyable!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I give up on this trailer and something new is in the near future. I'm in Florida and will be heading to Texas in the next couple months. Looking at the option of picking up Big Tex trailer in Georgia. There are usable items on the trailer and wondering if anyone would want them. A brand new Firestone air compressor - never used because guy I paid to wire it in didn't know what he was doing. Ride-Rite air springs. The steel bed might be of use to someone. Forget the rock guard - I've jacked knifed it twice. :( Anyway, just wanted to see if there is any interest before I junk it.

They replaced the axle in May because the original wasn't strong enough. It looks like one tire is starting to toe out again so decision time!

Anita sorry to hear about your problems. :(

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• You guys are the best! Of course, I already knew that. I was joking about a letter campaign, but I so appreciate all of your support. I'll work on a list (which I started ages ago) and then send it to @Bill Martin. Hey, it will give him a project for a bit to keep him out of trouble!

• You guys are the best! Of course, I already knew that. I was joking about a letter campaign, but I so appreciate all of your support. I'll work on a list (which I started ages ago) and then send it to @Bill Martin. Hey, it will give him a project for a bit to keep him out of trouble!

BRING IT ON!!!!
    IMG_3628.JPG

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• WOW, I was getting close to making a decision on the Ultimate Trailer and decided to search here for trailer info in general and am I glad I did! So sorry for your troubles Anita and hope you can get satisfaction from them.

4 Wheels move the body, 3 Wheels move the soul!

• WOW, I was getting close to making a decision on the Ultimate Trailer and decided to search here for trailer info in general and am I glad I did! So sorry for your troubles Anita and hope you can get satisfaction from them.

@garyw searching on here was a good choice!! I now have a Slingthing open trailer. It has had a couple very minor issues, but such a pleasure after the Ultimate disaster. @kenny_h did work his magic on it though!

• They finally came and picked up the Ultimate Trailer that had to be abandoned at my brother's house last September. Only took them 10 months to get around to taking it. While it was slowly sinking into my borther's yard, I had the chance to take a really close look at the trailer. I really, really liked the design....but the workmanship and quality of the parts were HORRENDOUS!!!
    I've seen teenagers with zero electrical experience do better wiring than the workmanship on that trailer. It was so bad that I'm surprised there wasn't a fire caused by short circuits in the wiring harness. You'd think since they kinda do this for a living that their wiring quality would be second to none......Ummm....NO.....
    I can see perhaps some growing pains with their early choice of parts, but to drop the ball when it came to customer support, AND piss poor workmanship.....Shame on them!!!!
    I know @funinthesun got a smoking deal on one of these used trailers and they did an awesome job of making it really nice, but it's a shame that the original trailer was such a piece of crap that it had to be sold for pennies on the dollar.
    Even though Ultimate trailers supposedly made improvements to the later version of their trailer.....too little too late as far as I'm concerned. When I finally get around to buying a trailer for my Sling....I will not give Ultimate Trailers any consideration. There are some really awesome purpose built trailers out there now, for reasonable prices!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I believe I purchased the first enclosed Ultimate Trailer. I got quickly tired of fixing the myriad of issues with the trailer, ended up placing it on cc dispute and they picked it up. Personally, I would never order another that involved a compressor to raise/lower the deck. One more major thing to go wrong, and good luck when it fails somewhere in the boondocks.I have been quite happy with my Slingthing open model, used it to go from Boston to SSITS. Sure feels great when the temp drops or it starts to rain, and I'm nice and cozy inside the SUV.