Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Just got home from a great weekend ride. Was 46 when we left for Little Rock Friday and today on the ride home it got up to 65! We both rode to LR and rode with 20 Slings in the St Patrick’s Day parade, met new friends and old friends, had some great fellowship and meals, had breakfast today with our grand daughter in Conway, then got to ride the “Pig Trail” coming home!

The Spirit made its debut ride in the parade.

St Patrick was there too as well as Storm Troopers in kilts!

Had to stop in Conway at the Toad Suck Store getting ready for Toad Suck Days!

• Crystal Springs reservoir (Canada Road) with my wife. Her first time in the DATSling; she’s been too scared up till now. LOVED it so I’m happy. 68 degrees and a thin patchy cloud layer.

Word of 'caution' … DON'T teach her to drive it. You'll be riding 'bitch' the rest of your life. Have fun.

• Projected to hit 65° and mostly sunny here in Alabama...

Took the Slingshot out for a much needed three hour ride.

Came home, parked the Slingshot, and pushed the Goldwing trike out of the garage.

Guardian_Angel asked me what I was doing?

Told her I needed to fire it up and rotate the tires.

Asked her to jump in the seat and start it up for me.

Once she was in the seat, I asked her what she knew of the controls. She pretty much got it right and I filled her in on the one down, four up shift pattern. Gave her some cautionary advice on throttle rotation and stopping.

Told her to use her ears to guage the clutch and engine rpm and go rotate the tires for me.

She thought about it for a minute...

And down the driveway she went...

More than a few times.

Was it amazing?

Considering it was her first time at the controls of a motorcycle...

Hell yes!

Did she get out of first gear?

For her first time, no...

But she did find out how to find neutral between 1st and second gear.

Her advantage in this first attempt was learning to drive a manual transmission by purchasing her own manual transmission car two years ago. She may have thought she was missing out on the fun we have in the Slingshot.

Thankfully she loves the manual transmissions.

So, who knows...

Might end this summer with another Goldwing trike rider.

But...

If she thinks I am gonna ride bitch after training is complete...

Wave at the man in the big truck, dear...

... and keep the trike. 8)

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Word of 'caution' … DON'T teach her to drive it. You'll be riding 'bitch' the rest of your life. Have fun.

No avoiding that! She's driven probably 1/2 dozen manuals in her life and completed a one-day driving course at Sonoma Raceway (you may remember it as Infeneon) in her 6-speed 911S cab. If she wants to, she'll drive it. I'm happy to ride hound once in awhile.

• Been playing snowbird for the past couple of months. No riding 😕. Last day on the road spent in Huntsville, so we stopped in to visit Polaris and get the “tour.”

Unfortunately, the Slings are assembled way in the back and we could not see them from the balcony.

Will be good to get home tomorrow and uncover Nuc’em.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Been playing snowbird for the past couple of months. No riding 😕. Last day on the road spent in Huntsville, so we stopped in to visit Polaris and get the “tour.”

Unfortunately, the Slings are assembled way in the back and we could not see them from the balcony.

Will be good to get home tomorrow and uncover Nuc’em.

That off-road Slingshot editon is a rare find.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• That off-road Slingshot editon is a rare find.

I was wondering how they got it up there without tearing out the bottom.

They have two of those beautiful red ones. The rock climber out front and one on display in the showroom. They are first production machines from Huntsville. Both are ‘16s.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• To the gas station ....

This is where I took my SS on paper today ..spring break is coming up! She will be out of the stable soon. 6 days 5 nights.

Got it all mapped out! About 1600+ miles. Can't wait!

Corona - Prescott

Prescott - Monument Valley

Monument Valley - Zion national park

Zion national park - Las Vegas

Las Vegas - Laughlin

Laughlin - Corona

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I am so..... jealous! Have fun!