WannaGo Fast 1/2 mile Challenge Coming up October 20th and 21st

• OK... I'm prepared to take my Ass Chewing like a man, but I will not be racing in Ocala this 19th, 20th. I have not gotten my motor back from the builder yet, there is no way I'll have it back in the slingshot , tuned and broken in before the 19th, and I just don't want to throw away another motor, I'm already on number 7 as it is.

I under stand that some of you will claim I'm "scared" I'll get beat by the "Panda", well, that is not true, because he has already beaten me.... by over 13+mph! He did that last month in Indy, so that is not the reason.

Yes, the death of a racer in New Orleans is concerning, but since we have already run the Ocala track before, and I've been on other tracks that racers have been killed on, that is not the probelm either.

It just boils down to , I don't want to throw anymore money into a hole that I cannot fill. Until my motor and frame setup get tested properly, there is no reason for me to run. I will be in Ocala on the 19th, i'll have a golf Cart to run up and down and around the pits to be ableto kiss all of the behind I'll have to kiss because I am not going to be able to run, but I'll try to be a better loser than I was a winner last time. I'm proud of the accomplishments that Dave, Robert and Kyle have made in the top speed area of the slingshots, And I hope that I'll be prepared to run come early 2019 in Ocala and hopefully be able to compete atthe new levels those three or more will surely have set over the October event!

By the way, if anybody wants to rent a golf cart at the event, here is the guy to contact for that....

Masters Golf Cars
    352-307-0111
    Let them know it's for the wannaGOFAST event at Jumbolair Airport. They will deliver to you on Friday, October 19.

• @StickerDick How much can they be charging you for those lawnmower engines. I have a guy that can hook you up with them cheap. He even carrie's Honda's big block versions. I think they go all the way up to 17hp.

I'll have to check, but I think Home Depot even has inexpensive lawnmowers that you can swipe the engine out of. Come to think of it....would a pressure washer engine have the correct shaft orientation to match up to your 6 speed? If so I'll send you mine. It runs perfect. And it even has electric start.... i will need it back around spring time. I have to clean the gutters out and power wash the concrete or allison gets mad.

You knew that was coming..... :D

Seriously, sorry you cant make it. See if you can drive over at least and hang out. Heck bring your wife's SS and at get some good stock numbers for people to use in the future. Just an idea....

• @StickerDick definitely a bummer you cannot run your SS but if its not ready no point to running something untested. There's always Ocala in Jan. I do completely agree with @rabtech though, bring your wife's SS and get some good stock numbers for people to use in the future. I think that would bring a lot of perspective to what these machines do from the factory and what it takes to go 140+. I mean you did already pay to run. May as well have some fun instead of throwing the money away. I feel like you've done enough of that already with your S2K swap. ;) Sorry, I had to take one good natured shot. But I personally think you should still come and run. Either way, looking forward to meeting you and everyone else.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• @StickerDick definitely a bummer you cannot run your SS but if its not ready no point to running something untested. There's always Ocala in Jan. I do completely agree with @rabtech though, bring your wife's SS and get some good stock numbers for people to use in the future. I think that would bring a lot of perspective to what these machines do from the factory and what it takes to go 140+. I mean you did already pay to run. May as well have some fun instead of throwing the money away. I feel like you've done enough of that already with your S2K swap. ;) Sorry, I had to take one good natured shot. But I personally think you should still come and run. Either way, looking forward to meeting you and everyone else.

I 100% agree with this - I for one would love to see some numbers from a NA Slingshot and if in fact you have already put your money down - - why not?

Having a good base line to judge things by would be a very good thing , how can we judge the extent of whats being accomplished with all of work people are doing without one? - - and as you said you are going to be there anyway

please

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

I'll have to get the wife's permission...... wow, I'm so whipped right now! She has my jewels so knotted up in her purse right now, I am singing like Michael Jackson! And I understand the knock on the Honda completely... no worries!

• Just as long as you are there, Slingshot or not, looking forward to seeing everyone at the event! Are you bringing the MINI? Would love to check it out.

I ought too! I'll have better luck getting it on the track than my Slingshot, and I have a feeling, Susi will put a BIG NOWAY! on letting me run her slingshot, but if somebody has a stock slingshot and wants to run it on Saturday, let me know, I might get with the race organizers and see if they would let us run it two times down the track to set a standard for a stock sling, as of right now, my entries for the weekend have been transferred to the race in January.

• I ought too! I'll have better luck getting it on the track than my Slingshot, and I have a feeling, Susi will put a BIG NOWAY! on letting me run her slingshot, but if somebody has a stock slingshot and wants to run it on Saturday, let me know, I might get with the race organizers and see if they would let us run it two times down the track to set a standard for a stock sling, as of right now, my entries for the weekend have been transferred to the race in January.

Is there such a thing? I've heard rumors that the "Mod Disease" has gotten to be such an epidemic that even the dealers are modding them before they sell them! :00007510:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Is there such a thing? I've heard rumors that the "Mod Disease" has gotten to be such an epidemic that even the dealers are modding them before they sell them! :00007510:

I think that most people looking for a "stock" base line would consider it "stock" so long as it is NA and the only performance mods to the engine are CAI and exhaust - at least I would still call that "stock" for this type of thing

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Did anyone else get this email????

Afternoon,

If yo are receiving this email you had a motorcycle and/or motorcycle classified vehicle registered for the October 20-21 Florida 1/2 Mile.

We regret to inform all of you that we can no longer allow motorcycles and/or motorcycle based vehicles to compete at our events.

We will be processing your refunds momentarily.

We are sorry for the unfortunate news.

*WE ARE TRYING TO FIND CONTACT INFO FOR MICHAEL DAVID TO INFORM HIM OF THIS NEWS. IF ONE OF YOU PAID FOR HIM PLEASE LET US KNOW.
    --
    Kind Regards,

Blake Hutchison
    President - wannaGOFAST
    850-797-8579 Office

info@wannagofast.com
    www.wannagofast.com

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke