80 MPH top speed

• I did not have any problems before Bob's tune running above 100 mph or setting the cruise at 100

• I'm in 4th gear up to 100mph. If I am set at a speed and will be there for a while I may shift into 5th. But I don't see much in gas savings by using 5th. Just saves on noise.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I just talked to the mechanics

First the rev limiter in 5th kicks out at 125. You can down shift to 4 th and go past 125. So it’s not rev limiter.

Second, it’s been happening off and on since I had it. Sometimes it works as it’s supposed to and other times it does the issue I described.

So it’s another intermittent problem. It’s either sensor related or fuel delivery or electronic dealing with spark control. There are lots of sensors between those issues.

Now it has to happen when the mechanics drive it or it doesn’t exist.

They said they never heard of anything like this. So once again I’m in the forefront of the problem.

Stay tuned.

• Overdrive is a term used to describe the operation of an automobile cruising at sustained speed with reduced engine revolutions per minute(RPM), leading to better fuel consumption, lower noise, and lower wear.[1] Use of the term is confused, as it is applied to several different, but related, meanings.[1]
    The most fundamental meaning is that of an overall gear ratio between engine and wheels, such that the car is over-geared, and cannot reach its potential top speed, i.e. the car could travel faster if it were in a lower gear, with the engine turning at higher RPM.[1]

Have you ever heard of Google?

I don't need Google. My wife knows everything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• shit finally get more of the necessary details of the issue 3 pages in unless i missed the post that its been happening since day 1

I think had that information been shared in the original post many of us would have suggested a trip to your dealer

Sounds like you have the issue understood and ate seeking help from your servicing dealer - good luck

• It is a 15 minute deal to hook-up a fuel pressure gauge to the schrader valve on the fuel rail to check fuel pressures. I am sure it is fine, as this would be a very odd issue to see on a NA Slingshot.

You could also diagnose further from the plugs by getting the condition to happen and then immediately shutting off the machine and safely pulling over to the shoulder. Pull each plug and see what they look like. I am guessing they will be pretty wet and rich. As you are dumping excess fuel at a low RPM.

If you have no codes and the machine runs correctly in other gears, you don't likely have an issue.

@FunCycle I am sure you could repeat what he is saying, if you did exactly what he is doing in the same conditions.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• In the 53,000 miles I have done it all with no problems. I probably one of the few that has never had any real problems with my Sling except the recalls.

• Okay guys. We got it, many of you don't like his posts. Stop reading them, and stop responding to them. Some of these posts are starting to border on abusive with the sarcasm and language choices. We don't need to be a forum of bullies. Don't like what he says or asks? Hit the ignore button.

I thought we, as a forum, were better than this.

• Okay guys. We got it, many of you don't like his posts. Stop reading them, and stop responding to them. Some of these posts are starting to border on abusive with the sarcasm and language choices. We don't need to be a forum of bullies. Don't like what he says or asks? Hit the ignore button.

I agree 100 % with @sideseatdriver, why are we still having this conversation

Personally I don't subscribe to the ignore "XXXX" problem and hope it gets better on its own type of mentality.

At first i try nicely and if the problems continue then its beat it into submission, either it breaks and goes away or learns it's lesson and reforms.

If it was just a few people that he bothered then I would agree with you but at this point he has alienated everyone so ignoring him does not solve the problem, he obviously does not get sarcasm (even if you account for internet misrepresentation he should have gotten it by now) so we are left with beating him into submission by shaming him and quite literally just be mean.

At this point he either learns and reform himself ,becomes the butt of every joke or leaves.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• At first i try nicely and if the problems continue then its beat it into submission, either it breaks and goes away or learns it's lesson and reforms.

Are you serious right now? Beat it into submission until it reforms? Reforms to what? Your idea of what appropriate is? Who the hell do you think you are that you get to determine someone else (not your child's) behavior? So you don't like him. Big deal. That doesn't mean you get to walk around belittling him. @rabtech created this forum because attitudes like yours was how the dark side was acting. Go be a Borg elsewhere, I'm not assimilating into a culture where bullying and brutality either verbal or physical is allowed. As a side note if that is truly your philosophy in life, I pity the people and animals close to you.

• This is an open forum. This is not a members only club or a clique where only the favorites hang out.

It is absolutely nobody's job to beat someone into submission or make it so unpleasant they decide to leave. That type of bullying isn't supposed to be happening here.

Use the Thread Ignore button at the bottom or simply don't read a post and more importantly don't respond.

The old adage - if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it - still applies.

Lately, this forum has taken on a meaner tone and it's starting to remind me of the dark side. I left that site for a reason.

• In 5th gear on the flat. If I let up on the gas the speed would increase. Put with the pedal on the floor it would not go over 80. Now during the ride I hit 85 -90 But with 1/2 to 3/4 pedal not full pedal.

Actually, that is a Safety Feature that Polaris puts into 1 out of 1,000,000,000 Slingshots. It's for that one person who has no clue what so ever how to drive a Slingshot and get the most out of it.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'