Forward Swept Wing

• Obviously these are built by owners and pretty much one off at this time. I ended up with maybe $100.00 in mine with winglets, aluminum flat stock, bolts, washers and powder coating. I held my Splitter back a little to accommodate the extended range opening of the hood.
    @Ruptured Duck has winglets that serve a dual purpose, besides self leveling outriggers they second as curb feelers :00008698:

Just joking :POKESS:

You my friend don't even know what happened to the first set. Passenger side winglet taken off by a very hard brake dip turn to the right going down Blood Mountain at a respectable speed... 8|;(:D:thumbsup:
    2GEN been doing fine sense.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• You my friend don't even know what happened to the first set. Passenger side winglet taken off by a very hard brake dip turn to the right going down Blood Mountain at a respectable speed... 8|;(:D:thumbsup: 2GEN been doing fine sense.

I actually remember the story! Seems like a couple of years ago now. :)

• Obviously these are built by owners and pretty much one off at this time. I ended up with maybe $100.00 in mine with winglets, aluminum flat stock, bolts, washers and powder coating. I held my Splitter back a little to accommodate the extended range opening of the hood.
    @Ruptured Duck has winglets that serve a dual purpose, besides self leveling outriggers they second as curb feelers :00008698:

Just joking :POKESS:

Exactly what he said. The front, side, and rear splitters on Wraith were hand made. However, it is a one of two set. When my first splitter was damaged in a wreck I changed the design slightly and made sure to have back-up. The pattern can be copied now, but with each part being hand made the cost would not be as cheap as the ABS plastic units from other vendors. Also it would lose the exclusivity of being custom.
    I do know of a shop that can laser cut designs in to metal or plastics. Perhaps a different design could be done up. One thing to prepare for is shipping will be pricey as these would be extra-large items. 70+ inches long. Happy to help in any way fam.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Exactly what he said. The front, side, and rear splitters on Wraith were hand made. However, it is a one of two set. When my first splitter was damaged in a wreck I changed the design slightly and made sure to have back-up. The pattern can be copied now, but with each part being hand made the cost would not be as cheap as the ABS plastic units from other vendors. Also it would lose the exclusivity of being custom.I do know of a shop that can laser cut designs in to metal or plastics. Perhaps a different design could be done up. One thing to prepare for is shipping will be pricey as these would be extra-large items. 70+ inches long. Happy to help in any way fam.

If I had the drawings I could have them cut on a plasma cutter for metal or a laser for plastic, the only limitation on the laser cut is size - much smaller table. The plasma cutter can handle a 4' x 8 sheet.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• If I had the drawings I could have them cut on a plasma cutter for metal or a laser for plastic, the only limitation on the laser cut is size - much smaller table. The plasma cutter can handle a 4' x 8 sheet.

This is why I designed mine as 4 parts. The lower part is broken into two parts rather than one long one. The winglets are bolted onto the lower spliter with a simple angle bracket. The winglets do have one break in them so that's where the cost to make will be at. If all goes well with the top I do have plans to offer them. Should ship in a relatively small package and all parts can be water jet cut.

It has become a force of habit to design products for the Jeeps that can ship in the smallest box possible. To keep shipping cost down for the consumer and to also save warehouse space a lot of products get designed to the box just as much to the application. Sounds stupid I know but it has its reasons. The negative is that you don't always have the freedom to style it exactly the way you want.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• It has become a force of habit to design products for the Jeeps that can ship in the smallest box possible. To keep shipping cost down for the consumer and to also save warehouse space a lot of products get designed to the box just as much to the application. Sounds stupid I know but it has its reasons. The negative is that you don't always have the freedom to style it exactly the way you want.

Especially true for product you import as shipping can be more than cost of the product.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Thanks y'all!

Now I'm remembering that @Slingrazor designed and had cut those awesome splash guard removal inserts... I'd actually like a stainless raw option and wondering if he has thought about designing a front splitter/lip. Much closer and I could go meet him up for install... :whistling:

Trent, I know you've been quite busy already with clutches and all, plus probably getting ready for MV... Let me know your thoughts! PM when you can...

• If I had the drawings I could have them cut on a plasma cutter for metal or a laser for plastic, the only limitation on the laser cut is size - much smaller table. The plasma cutter can handle a 4' x 8 sheet.

A 4' x 8' should could cut out two front spoilers, and two sets of my aero kits and still have some extra. We made need to talk brother.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Coming in very late on this thread, but I too have been thinking about a forward swept wing design. I'm not going to go back and read the previous 11 pages of banter, but if you're taking a poll you can add me to the "like it" side. Also, I really like the idea of it melding with the side wing panels, as shown in @mniron's teaser image (post #2).

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Gadgeteer ().

• Coming in very late on this thread, but I too have been thinking about a forward swept wing design. I'm not going to go back and read the previous 11 pages of banter, but if you're taking a poll you can add me to the "like it" side. Also, I really like the idea of it melding with the side wing panels, as shown in @mniron's teaser image (post #2).

Couldn't agree more, and something like that is on my bucket list for this winters fibre glass works, just been busy on welded stuff lately with the hydraulic trailer, tow dolly and now,, oops almost spilled the beans a week too early ,,, as I,ve said before , never know when to keep my mouth shut !

• Found this video of some guy installing the infamous mustache inserts, this totally seems like something that it would not be so hard to do and i can't believe that none of the US based places have one for sale.

@kev :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Found this video of some guy installing the infamous mustache inserts, this totally seems like something that it would not be so hard to do and i can't believe that none of the US based places have one for sale.

@kev :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

@kev .... my birthday is coming up and Christmas - sure would love to see a beautiful set of these on your website SO I CAN BUY THEM