Coffee people

• I am pretty much world class when it comes to screwing off money but $4k for a coffee maker?????!!!! I had no idea they even had a coffee maker in that price range - makes me feel pretty bad about my Mr. Coffee machine ?( Now I got sumthin else for my bucket list - I gotta find sumbody to make me a cup of coffee out of a $4k coffee pot - think this coffee pot is like a boat - better to have a friend with one than buy it :D

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Like so many toys today, the specialization is either amazing or absurd.

This is an "economical" model as there are quite a few coffee machines that exceed $10k

We did get over 9 years out of our first Jura and it was still working when they took it in on trade and gave me $1k credit towards a new machine!

Guess it's is like an Old Rip Van Winkle 23 year old 'Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve’ vs Old Grandad whiskey. You can drink both but you choose Pappy if you can.

• I am pretty much world class when it comes to screwing off money but $4k for a coffee maker?????!!!! I had no idea they even had a coffee maker in that price range - makes me feel pretty bad about my Mr. Coffee machine ?( Now I got sumthin else for my bucket list - I gotta find sumbody to make me a cup of coffee out of a $4k coffee pot - think this coffee pot is like a boat - better to have a friend with one than buy it :D

So it's just like MONEY? Better to have a friend that's a millionaire than to be one? Why not have BOTH?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Like so many toys today, the specialization is either amazing or absurd.

This is an "economical" model as there are quite a few coffee machines that exceed $10k

We did get over 9 years out of our first Jura and it was still working when they took it in on trade and gave me $1k credit towards a new machine!

We purchased our first quality coffee maker from Williams Sonoma about twenty years ago for something like $800. Since then we traded in our used machine three times at the same store for up to full credit and no cost. The most we paid out of pocket on a trade was $200 and the last time it cost us $75. This is a service you get from a brick and mortar store. You most likely will not get the same service from Amazon or other internet purchases.

The machine we have now sells for more on the internet than my total investment over the last twenty years. I do enjoy my coffee.

• Holy Crap!! $4K, $10k for a COFFEE POT????!!! 8o8o8o

I gotta get outta the swamp more ;(

• I mostly drink cold brew due to acid issues,I was lucky enough to get one of these before these guys got swallowed by the earth never to be heard from again.

It looks cool and makes great cold brew, when i want a quick espresso I use the nespresso machine with a ristretto cup.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I mostly drink cold brew due to acid issues,I was lucky enough to get one of these before these guys got swallowed by the earth never to be heard from again.

It looks cool and makes great cold brew, when i want a quick espresso I use the nespresso machine with a ristretto cup.

That looks like something out of Breaking Bad!

Uh huh. "Coffee" "cold brew" street terms sure have changed.

• fun house 69 how do you make your own cold brewed? I 've been buying cold brewed and it tasted better to me then the hot stuff.

So sorry I did not see this until now, you can do your own cold brew several different ways, simple as can be you can get a large mason jar and a "Spice" Bag, put in 6oz of your favorite grounds in the spice bag and put in 48oz of water and let it sit for24 - 48 hours (Note the Bag will try and float until the grounds get saturated / so hold them down with something). Then you still would want to filter it using typical drip filters and you can store it for up to two weeks. This will give you a "Concentrate" of about 2-1 or even 3-1 depending on how strong you like it. I usually go 1/2 cup each of Brew, Milk and Water and a little simple syrup.

If you want to spend a little money XO Makes a Cold Brew Setup that kind of looks like a blender, I got one for Christmas and use it all the time. It still pretty much the same, put the grounds in the container and the water let it sit then flip the switch to let it drain in to the carafe (it has a screen for filtering as well as paper filters) take the used grounds and save them for your garden.

• Wow! Just read through this, and have made an informed decision. I think I'll buy the one the poster, @BONES started with here. When it gets dirty and needs cleaning, I'll throw it away and buy another one! Thousands for a coffee machine??!! No thanks!!!!! Nice find Jay!!!! :thumbup:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Wow! Just read through this, and have made an informed decision. I think I'll buy the one the poster, @BONES started with here. When it gets dirty and needs cleaning, I'll throw it away and buy another one! Thousands for a coffee machine??!! No thanks!!!!! Nice find Jay!!!! :thumbup:

After several years of daily having my coffee ready every morning, my Mr Coffee
    died this morning --- will have a new one on the counter before NOON. This pm I will have a small ceremony to honor it's good service.

• After several years of daily having my coffee ready every morning, my Mr Coffee
    died this morning --- will have a new one on the counter before NOON. This pm I will have a small ceremony to honor it's good service.

My condolences EjFord.
    Losing a good, dependable friend that was always up and waiting for you to wake up is always tough.
    I hate when my BUNN dies, it usually happens about every 5 years or so.
    Last time we bought a new one and then I bought a Ninja coffee bar for my coffee and we use the BUNN for tea only.
    We usually run 4 pots a day through it for tea.
    I LOVES my sweet tea!!!!

• My condolences EjFord.Losing a good, dependable friend that was always up and waiting for you to wake up is always tough.
    Last time we bought a new one and then I bought a Ninja coffee bar for my coffee and we use the BUNN for tea only.
    I LOVES my sweet tea!!!!

I luv sweet tea also brother!!!

• My condolences EjFord.Losing a good, dependable friend that was always up and waiting for you to wake up is always tough.
    I LOVES my sweet tea!!!!

New Mr Coffee will have me set in the morning -- all good to go.