Anyone else listening to Vinyl?

• So, little known thing, we have 4 record players at the house (1 older 60's console, 1 Jukebox, a Dual record player and a newer Marley) and just hooked the Marley up to the Sonos throughout the entire house, sounds great and nice being able to hear the record player everywhere in the house. Anyone else rocking vinyl?

Just picked up this record, a little genre called "Soul Organ", a little kick I am on right now from the normal dance mix stuff that most people will hear when we are at the events.

• The short answer is no. The longer answer...

I still have close to 200 albums, mostly 80's hard rock/metal. I have a Sony turntable that needs a new belt and needle and a Crosley Peanuts turntable (I'm a big snoopy fan, don't judge).

Part of me wants to buy a higher end turntable to record my albums digitally. As a musician (I play EDM type stuff; again, don't judge), I have a pretty darn decent recording setup and can digitize an album at better than CD quality.

My ultimate nerd audio fantasy is to have one of those lossless audio players full of my albums to play in my car (about to seriously upgrade the audio on that puppy).

• I have a few records but never pay them, my turn table is not even hooked up it is sitting on top of the large dresser in the bed room. I have the original Woodstock collection that may have been played 6 times since new (bought in Europe in Sept. 1970. I think I still have the old M 9 Akai reel to reel with the 8 track player from 1970 somewhere. A LOT OF ALBLUMS ON REEL TO REEL some that were never released in the USA. Back in the day I had all of the componets to play everything. I even have a set of Sonics 3-Way speakers from 1970 still playing in the playroom 24 hours a day since around 1989. I did have to replace the tweeters years ago.

• I'm the younger nerd that went all digital years ago and gave away all of my old vinyls, 8 tracks and cassettes. Yeah, most digital isn't as good, but if you don't have a high end audio system, you aren't going to notice the difference.

I just like being able to carry around 100's of hours of audio on my phone and computer, and 1000's of books in both print and audio format.

• I have two turn tables and a microphone...

Where it's at?

In seriousness, my dad has many records and a turn table. I find the science behind them fascinating. The old school engineering versus the "lasers" and such now.

• Yeah, we're down with the vinyl here at the Neal house, but not that new-fangled stuff!

I used to have a pretty nice collection of classic rock vinyl albums but every good song on every album got mangled by me picking up and dropping the needle over and over while the actual musicians in my bands learned the riffs. About the time I quit playing, CDs made that unnecessary. Nowadays you just stand at the mic and say, 'Alexis, play 19th Nervous Breakdown by The Rolling Stones'. And she does!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Yeah, we're down with the vinyl here at the Neal house, but not that new-fangled stuff!

I used to have a pretty nice collection of classic rock vinyl albums but every good song on every album got mangled by me picking up and dropping the needle over and over while the actual musicians in my bands learned the riffs. About the time I quit playing, CDs made that unnecessary. Nowadays you just stand at the mic and say, 'Alexis, play 19th Nervous Breakdown by The Rolling Stones'. And she does!

The Neal house? - - we don't have any vinyl at this Neal house - - unfortunately got rid of my vinyl and my big sound system many many moons ago - - kind of wish I still had my collection of Who but as you point out these days I can simply ask Alexa

Although I do miss my Altec Santana II's

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I've got a really lovely midcentury credenza but the whole unit seems to be fading out other than the AM radio, for some reason. I've stopped turning it on, but I have a stereo stack over by my work desk that I will occasionally flip on. The player on that is broken too, so the belt turning the table is in constant motion. If you want to switch records, you just have to pull it off as it continues to spin!

• I've got a really lovely midcentury credenza but the whole unit seems to be fading out other than the AM radio, for some reason. I've stopped turning it on, but I have a stereo stack over by my work desk that I will occasionally flip on. The player on that is broken too, so the belt turning the table is in constant motion. If you want to switch records, you just have to pull it off as it continues to spin!

Some of those 50-60's consoles are worth some good money if they have the original tube amplifiers, especially if they have the original tubes. One guy I know put his up for sale for a couple hundred dollars and immediately had a bunch of people call. He found out the tubes in it were worth almost $1000 by themselves.

• Some of those 50-60's consoles are worth some good money if they have the original tube amplifiers, especially if they have the original tubes. One guy I know put his up for sale for a couple hundred dollars and immediately had a bunch of people call. He found out the tubes in it were worth almost $1000 by themselves.

I believe it! I researched a couple units I wanted to buy, but found this one at a Goodwill for $25, and it's GORGEOUS. :thumbsup:

The local record player repair shop doesn't do house calls though, so if I want someone to look at it I have to lug this 300+ lb thing all the way across town somehow.

• I still have close to probably 3000+ records in storage. Little known fact about me, I spent my younger years as a DJ at night clubs and EDM events around the US and Mexico. I also have a back ground in music remixing and production and worked at Cutting Cane Studios in FL for George Noriega who has won several grammy's. However, as the technology advanced, I digitized all of my records so I could just fly with a couple SD cards instead of checking two 50lb flight cases and carrying a 50lb bag of records everywhere I went. I still have my Technics turn tables as well. Once in a while I still get them out to see if I still "got it". I still do a little remixing from time to time as a hobby.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I still have close to probably 3000+ records in storage. Little known fact about me, I spent my younger years as a DJ at night clubs and EDM events around the US and Mexico. I also have a back ground in music remixing and production and worked at Cutting Cane Studios in FL for George Noriega who has won several grammy's. However, as the technology advanced, I digitized all of my records so I could just fly with a couple SD cards instead of checking two 50lb flight cases and carrying a 50lb bag of records everywhere I went. I still have my Technics turn tables as well. Once in a while I still get them out to see if I still "got it". I still do a little remixing from time to time as a hobby.

This is EXTREMELY MOTHER-F'IN fascinating.

I used to listen to EDM in my younger more hip days. Today I do little one minute EDM-ish tracks on Instagram.

This one uses a Behringer RD8 and TD3 which are spiritual recreations of the Roland 808 and Roland TB-303 respectively.

I'd love to go through that record collection...

• This is EXTREMELY MOTHER-F'IN fascinating.

I used to listen to EDM in my younger more hip days. Today I do little one minute EDM-ish tracks on Instagram.

This one uses a Behringer RD8 and TD3 which are spiritual recreations of the Roland 808 and Roland TB-303 respectively.

I just listen to what we refer to around here as Beach Music and then the Old Blues. I never could get into stuff like Kiss and the Grateful Dead and Cream. Most of the other stuff from the late 60's I am good with. It was wild on Sunday afternoons in 1968-70 walking the streets around the ferry in Newport, Rhode Island where all of the bars were/are.

• This is EXTREMELY MOTHER-F'IN fascinating.

Now why would you put subliminal messages for Bigdog in a topic that's not about politics or coronavirus??? 😆

• I do! Have a pretty good size collection and a newer player. Nothing like the warmth vinyl provides.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1