What does your SlingShot weigh?

• I am sure that very few here can probably actually answer this question, but I am just a wee bit curious in how the SlingShot's weight changed over the years. Ours is a 2015 SL where I removed everything from the storage compartments, filled the tank, and headed out to the public scales. The results were 1150 pounds on the front, (575 pounds per wheel), and 600 pounds on the rear, 1750 pounds total. Subtract the weight of fuel, (9.8 gallons X 6 pounds per gallon = 59 pounds) and the weight of our SlingShot sneaks in around 1691 pounds. Oh, and yes, I removed my fat ass before weighing! ;)

Bill

• Good info Bill - - I have wondered about the weight, but I dont even know where a scale is other than the truck scales on the freeway

I havent added anything that would really add much if any weight except the solid sway bar so I expect mine is probably pretty close to the same weight as yours

heck with the double bubble windshield I may have even lost a pound

when you weighed yours did you have the meansling top on it?

as a side note mine has the smaller motorcycle battery so that could make a small difference as well

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Some of the bigger truck stops have scales....probably let you scale just to have an up close look....

• Nope, no top! It has been off all summer but with the cooling weather of fall/ winter just around the corner it is about time to dig it out.

Bill

I havent had my top on in a very long time - - just like it better with it open

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Out here in Washington and Oregon there are scales on some of the secondary highways. They are often closed and unmanned but the scale is left on so you can pull onto them and get your weight. I'm right around 160.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• got plenty of work

There's NO reason for you to talk to me like that!

I appreciate your offer but I have a Graco 495 Ultra and I'm willing to use it! I was able to get a fresh coat of paint on this place.

Image result for pics of dilapidated houses

I think it came out well. I didn't take any 'before' pictures but you should have seen it before I started. It was kind of run down.

But while we're seriously derailing Bill's thread, are you able to find worthwhile workers these days? That is the biggest challenge for business owners out here.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I am lucky that my son works for me full time and will one day I will be working for him. Also have a young lady that has worked for me for 12 years --- small crew but we do some great work and stay busy. I have 8+ weeks interior work on the books right now and 6+ weeks on the books for next Spring. No can't find anybody that wants to work...

• I am lucky that my son works for me full time and will one day I will be working for him. Also have a young lady that has worked for me for 12 years --- small crew but we do some great work and stay busy. I have 8+ weeks interior work on the books right now and 6+ weeks on the books for next Spring. No can't find anybody that wants to work...

Too bad I am in Colorado... I love to paint... It has always been suited to my task oriented mentality... Painting has always made me feel good because I can see where I was and where I am and how good it looks...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Twelve years ago I painted the exterior of my house (about 2k sq ft) in one day with a roller... (not the trim that took two more days) this year I am a bit older so it took me almost 3 days with a roller... The sun here in Colorado really fades the paint... Same color just to show the fade in 12 years. Sorry if I am off topic...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• This is with the quad, a mostly full tank, and my TD soft top. Engine is built, race clutch, oil cooler, turbo, can't think of anything else I added. I have a head unit, but no speakers, amps. My fat ass was not in it :)

OLoHMQn.jpg?1

No real knowledge in this area.

Just putting this out there...

But, without your ass in there and you riding lonely most times...

Maybe you should look into some suspension tuning using what you have installed.

Those wheel weights look like a lot of tip-toeing from right front to left rear.

Maybe start a new thread...

Suspension tuning for quad rods.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: