Thumbs down to Slingshotonly

• Not confirmed but I did hear that Scott bought SlingMods....

I doubt that - if he had I would expect to see all of the twist dynamics tops and other TD items - - most of which are not offered by slingmods

but if I am wrong thats okay - I dont need any mods of consequence anyway - - pretty happy with Cage Free just the way she is :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• https://www.slingmods.com/sing…justable-cotton-face-mask

Slingmods offering the masks... for FREE

One company trying to make a few hundred bucks profit off of an emergency risks losing tens of thousands in sales while another spends a few hundred bucks to show their moral fortitude and hopefully attract future customers. Even if you agree that SSO has the capitalistic right, you have to question their judgement, morals and devotion to making a buck if you plan on ever dealing with them in future.

• Just remember if you dont want to do business with slingshot only and you are serious about not wanting to help enrich its owner then you would need to also drop Twist Dynamics & Welter products as they and some others are also under the same ownership to some degree

Also if I am not mistaken allthingsslingshot is also heavily aligned with Twist and slingshotonly

just looking at what they sell and their almost total lack of twist or Welter products on the surface it would seem that Slingmods is one of the only options other than going direct to to the manufactures to get mods that wont enrich the owner of slingshots only. - - - whether we like it or not SSO has managed to attach itself to many of the products we all love - tops, exhaust, and much much more

• Just remember if you dont want to do business with slingshot only and you are serious about not wanting to help enrich its owner then you would need to also drop Twist Dynamics & Welter products as they and some others are also under the same ownership to some degree

Also if I am not mistaken allthingsslingshot is also heavily aligned with Twist and slingshotonly

just looking at what they sell and their almost total lack of twist or Welter products on the surface it would seem that Slingmods is one of the only options other than going direct to to the manufactures to get mods that wont enrich the owner of slingshots only. - - - whether we like it or not SSO has managed to attach itself to many of the products we all love - tops, exhaust, and much much more

When I bought my Welter exhaust...It came from Slingmods.... Sucks that a great exhaust is no longer avail thru one of the best dealers out there for the sling. I have been out of the loop for a little while with health issues and I guess a lot of things have changed since.

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• When I bought my Welter exhaust...It came from Slingmods.... Sucks that a great exhaust is no longer avail thru one of the best dealers out there for the sling. I have been out of the loop for a little while with health issues and I guess a lot of things have changed since.

yep - I agree, I liked things better when we had multiple distributors of products that were independent from the manufactures of those products - - these days I think slingmods might be the only one left These days if I cant get something from Slingmods the next place I will look is straight to the manufacture, many like DDM, ZZP, 1320 and others sell directly and if I only need 1 or 2 things from a single company why not go direct?

• Dave@DDMWorks Is a pure joy to work with. He takes customer service to a whole next level and then some. I recently sent him an email asking about tuning and he got me in touch with the right people and the right pricing. I have almost everything they make minus the Supercharger and you can bet you A$$ that when my warranty is up... Dave and I will be having a conversation and I know he and all of you guys will be here to help!!

I only want to give my money...(what little I have) only to the people that will help you long after the sale has gone thru. DDM Works is the Platinum standard in that regard... lrobbi great guy to deal with. SlingLow excellent, mytoy awesome ... Painter true master of his craft!!!! And so many others to mention as well. Any question or problem and there are tons of people here to help. I am glad to see that hasn't changed in my absence. Retailers should come here and see how customer support is supposed to be done.

Stepping off my soapbox now.

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• http://www.allthingsslingshot.com is a small manufacture of some of his own products but is a major "reseller' of lots of Slingshot products. kev Kevin Adams is the owner of http://www.allthingsslingshot.com and has been a great supporter of this community and a vendor who stands behind the products he sells. Just my

TWO-CENTS.gif.

• http://www.allthingsslingshot.com is a small manufacture of some of his own products but is a major "reseller' of lots of Slingshot products. kev Kevin Adams is the owner of http://www.allthingsslingshot.com and has been a great supporter of this community and a vendor who stands behind the products he sells. Just my

TWO-CENTS.gif.

Yes I agree - Kev is great, I was simply pointing out the if you dont want to support the owner of SSO then you should be aware that allthingsslingshot is as you say a "major reseller of SSO/Twist products and you might want to avoid those particular products.

personally I am not a big fan of boycotts of businesses any kind, they often have the side effect of harming others who are not the intended target.

• It is surprising how long things such as this last in peoples minds. Some of you may remember Myrtle Beach tried to shut down Bike Week, the motorcycle riders from that time to this day will not stay in Myrtle Beach or spend any money there. Back during Hurrican Hugo we had three places here in Georgetown that were price gouging, one had to close up because their business fell off so bad. The adults from that time (1989) even now will not do business with either of these places. All I am saying is yes it will have an effect on SlingshotOnly's business model. I us to buy from Cycle Springs and Noel but after Scott bought Noel out and I had that conversation with Scott I have not bought the first thing from Slingshot Only. Jeff Welter is a stand up business man and personally I think that he made a bad business decision. IMHO This is just one Person's opinion. and the last I will say on this subject.

• You all know that Scott is reading everything your putting on here. A year or so ago there was another fiasco with his business practices and everybody was in an uproar then. I had some long email conversations with him then, he seemed to have a lot of the right answers. Pretty sure it is the same now.

With all that been said you guys do realize we, this forum, is a really small percentage of sling owners and that there are a bunch of other owners out there that really don't care about business practices of an individual. Those are the customers that will keep him profitable. In the long range we will probably not injure the bottom line for him.

I'm not in favor of the latest practice of that company and its managers or owner. I do applaud Slingmods for being a stand up business model and owner.

Off the soapbox.....

LC