What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• MADDMOE What size rear tire are you running? I have air ride and a 315/25/22. Depending on the pressure/height setting you run on the rear your rear tire can actually touch the horizontal plastic on the back of the Slingshot. Specifically the oval protrusion where the shock body goes through the rear plastic. So the location of the center mounted Welter pipes would be a real concern. It looks like the repositioning of the pipes you did should alleviate the concern.

......I just did 2 air ride installs, one on a 2016 and the other a 2019 and when both were dropped , there was no way a WP dual rear with that center pipe running directly behind the rear tire would fit, no way.....so i did what i had to do to keep my WPs dual rear because i love the sound and now i'm prepped for the air ride which will be my xmas present......oh and i'm running the 305 on the rear

• Received my Cerwin Vega under the seat powered subwoofer yesterday. Not happy with FedEx. Large tear through outer package, inner package and heavy duty plastic wrap around the package itself. Must have been quite a drop check. Unit itself has no visible damage but it's stereo equipment. Guess I'll soon find out.

• Had some time to install my Cerwin Vega 10" under the seat powered subwoofer. I knew it was going to be close under the seat, unfortunately due to the progressive convergent area under the seat the back end was about 1/4 inch too shallow. Wanted to raise the seat with spacers but the front bolts are on an angle with the back vertical. Raising would change the distance and need some fabrication. Second choice, bolted to the rear seat frame. Possible but that would place the seat further forward than I want. So... I went with the rear storage compartment. Not what I wanted to do but....

Fitted the compartment with high density foam rubber and used some of the original packaging foam to keep it nice and tight. It upped the game big over the aftermarket Sony unit. Adds depth and "richness" to the unit I just couldn't get now matter how I tried to adjust EQ. It sounds great in the garage but the real test is on the road at speed. For now a big improvement over my unit, But.... it's not going to wake up the entire neighborhood. At the same time not looking to broadcast my music neighborhood wide. For me its what I want, just wish it fit under the seat.

• ....I feel your pain , I refuse to give up both my storage behind the seats.........so I had to spend a winter to build my L7 Kicker under my seat & I did add spacers to the rear 2 bolts but still to this day I'm happy with it and refused to put speakers facing out for others to hear....I have a cerwin Vega woofer in my garage on my house system & my neighbor would ask me sometimes to turn the bass down and he's a dj smdh......so I know your happy

• ....I feel your pain , I refuse to give up both my storage behind the seats.........so I had to spend a winter to build my L7 Kicker under my seat & I did add spacers to the rear 2 bolts but still to this day I'm happy with it and refused to put speakers facing out for others to hear....I have a cerwin Vega woofer in my garage on my house system & my neighbor would ask me sometimes to turn the bass down and he's a dj smdh......so I know your happy

I thought about just adding spacers to the rear. Was worried about the seat angle. Perhaps that's the better way to go. I have a pair of those great roll hoop racks SlingLow made a few years back so I have the ability to add plenty of extra carry capacity using different size bags. Made the decision easier.

Great work you do! Always like to see what your up to!

• I thought about just adding spacers to the rear. Was worried about the seat angle. Perhaps that's the better way to go. I have a pair of those great roll hoop racks SlingLow made a few years back so I have the ability to add plenty of extra carry capacity using different size bags. Made the decision easier.

Great work you do! Always like to see what your up to!

....thanks ,I'm always trying to see what all you guys are up to, I've learned alot from you and others on here, which is a plus in my book.....the spacers in the rear arent noticeable at all ....

• Won't take much to change it back to under the seat. I'm going to pick up some spacers and extended bolts nest time I do a Home Depot or Lowe's run and give it a shot. More space is alway's good! Thanks for the tip!

• .....so I've been waiting years for someone to come out with LED strips without them dots, ever since neon tubes stopped being popular.....and now more places are carrying them, hopefully that means the prices will drop also i hope for these rolls......

https://www.aspectled.com/prod…lights#led_light_color=19

...just bought one roll in blue to try it out and love it, will get another roll in amber for my Harley and might decide to change all my wheel leds on the slingshot also...

• .....so I've been waiting years for someone to come out with LED strips without them dots, ever since neon tubes stopped being popular.....and now more places are carrying them, hopefully that means the prices will drop also i hope for these rolls......

https://www.aspectled.com/prod…lights#led_light_color=19

...just bought one roll in blue to try it out and love it, will get another roll in amber for my Harley and might decide to change all my wheel leds on the slingshot also...

Have you checked out @DDMWorks? They now have No Dot LEDs specific for the SS.

• Have you checked out @DDMWorks? They now have No Dot LEDs specific for the SS.

......i did but i also notice theirs say NO DOTS while off (what about when on)......and are more $$$$ Just for one roll....... I'm also using ones from this site for a job I'm doing on a 25 yr old RV (you wouldn't believe it's 25yrs old)

https://www.superbrightleds.co…led-strip-and-tape-lights

.......Superbright.com just doesn't have different colors in 12v only 24v

I did refer some people to DDM because they were looking for RGB no dots strips & DDM is the only ones with em in 12v.......

• I love the Cob lights but they are a little pricy. If you are not hiding them and they are up front and center then ya good choice.

I have been using these for years now and the only issue I have had is once or twice the connection comes out or broken. Reinforcing at install makes a big difference.

I tuck mine behind the spoiler and the top of the grill so you can't see them but they really do a great job of accenting the area I think and the price is hard to match. Hope this helps.

And NO dots!

These are on

logo.svg

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• These are my accents above the grill and behind the spoiler 😎 And I put a small LED button over the rear tire to illuminate at night as well. I tied it into the license plate light wiring.

I had a set of switchbacks where one was broken so I cut the LED strips and made short ones next to the headlights.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• some time back around here they replaced the bulky "Fast pass" device like your e-zpass with a passive device that has a chip in a sticker that is almost unnoticeable - they actually make two different styles. the standard one that was by default sent out to replace the one like what you have which looks like this on my wife's car.

and they also have one specifically for motorcycles that can either go on the top of the headlight or on the center of the windshield - this is the one I requested for my slingshot and I stuck it on the bottom center of my driver side bubble windshield - you can see it here

I like these passive things, no batteries and most people would never even notice it if they were not looking,

damn technology is amazing - little printed chip and antenna on some sticky tape powered entirely by the RF signal they receive and they work perfectly and unlike the old bulky ones they do not charge any fee for the sticker style - you can get as many as you need and they are all free

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• ......ok ok ok I said I was only going out to get gas......never told her my tank was full I have to empty it b4 I can fill it back up which took a few hours of riding.......next time I'll tell her I'm going out to replace my gas .......smdh

That's genius! You know I'm going to use that.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• .....what a beautiful day for a few hours & had a Porsche who for some reason tried his best to leave me for awhile, wish i could have recorded the whole episode with him lol.......

bummer - couldn’t get it to play for me 😩

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it