What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• .....someone wanted their Zarate wheel rings to be brighter with the leds, so I laced up the Inside along with the outside of the rings.....also added new Hawk brake pads & Master cylinder Brace......

• Awwww. They grow up so fast!

Oh I looked it over good and long with the motor out.... I need to figure out the motor mounts as almost positive the 2.4 ones are way to high and going to need some custom ones for the LS3. That steering box also needs some modifications I think as looking at the LS1 it'll be tight clearing it. Need to talk to someone who's done it as I'm sure I'm missing things. Also another owner shared with me the FabBot AR5 bell housing conversion so this bolts right up. Top it off with a haltech and digi dash and call it a day. It's on my "GOALS" whiteboard with some notes for next winters project! Maybe one day I'll have first sling that needs wheelie bars....

• hey quick question, I am looking at getting a new rear tire, I am running a 305/25zr22 and wanting to know if i can put more sidewall on it without it rubbing. Everywhere that i look it tells me that running 22s I cant. Does anyone have an alternate opinion and with proof that you can? I have seen a couple of tires that I want to get but they have an aspect ratio of 45. Can I go from a 25 to a 45 without rubbing?

• hey quick question, I am looking at getting a new rear tire, I am running a 305/25zr22 and wanting to know if i can put more sidewall on it without it rubbing. Everywhere that i look it tells me that running 22s I cant. Does anyone have an alternate opinion and with proof that you can? I have seen a couple of tires that I want to get but they have an aspect ratio of 45. Can I go from a 25 to a 45 without rubbing?

Saw your post on my wall also. I would suggest calling Mitch up at Rev Dynamics, he knows more about wheel and tire fitment than anyone - 574-933-2269. https://revdynamics.net/

I'm running a 335/25R22 and it's probably got about 1/2" in additional height that I could do. You'll hit the curve in the swing arm before you hit the height or width.

Looking at the Discount Tire Size Calculator, there is no way to get a 45 aspect ration on a 22 and fit. You could do a 305/30 if you could find one.

When I was looking at 22" tires, I only found 6 that would fit. 3 of them were in the $600 range, 2 of them were no-names in the sub $200 range, so I went with the Toyo ST III at $250.

• Another 1/2" is better than nothing. I am tired of hitting potholes and coming close to ruining the rim altogether. At least it will have a little bit of a chance to fight back lol

• I think my rim width is 10.5, can it take a 335?

my rims are 20 x 10.5. The way I’m reading tire selection from a safety standpoint I think a 305 is the widest you could go. I had a 305 proxy on my rear tire two tires ago and it worked just fine. However being the Scottish person that I am I am now running 285 30 20 as once you go past 285 and gain maybe 3/16 of an inch in tire width the prices go to the moon.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• my rims are 20 x 10.5. The way I’m reading tire selection from a safety standpoint I think a 305 is the widest you could go. I had a 305 proxy on my rear tire two tires ago and it worked just fine. However being the Scottish person that I am I am now running 285 30 20 as once you go past 285 and gain maybe 3/16 of an inch in tire width the prices go to the moon.

well i think at this point, running a 305/25zr22, spending a couple hundred dollars on shoes is better than having to replace the entire 3 wheels due to a pothole. My rims were custom by Roaring Toyz and you cant get just one rim remade. So If I bust a rim, I have to buy the whole set and i would rather get more meat between the rim and the road because here in Virginia, They have started POTHOLE FARMING and wow is business booming.

• So the Proxes ST III - i was reading the reviews from a few websites, of course by differing vehicle owners, one from a truck owner said it was the next best thing to slice bread and the only vehicle similar in a close proximity to how slingers ride was a porsche Macan and this was his review:

They slide as it seems they maybe don’t have a have Silica mixture(I’m guessing here) but they are harder tires.
    Where this is nice is hitting pot holes etc on the road. They do that like a champ.
    So if you commute into NYC lets say, these are great for the rough roads.
    But performance wise they aren’t made for it. Good for the price but you get what you pay for. Very slick in light rain! For Deep snow they are great as the tread pattern is really aggressive.

• well i think at this point, running a 305/25zr22, spending a couple hundred dollars on shoes is better than having to replace the entire 3 wheels due to a pothole. My rims were custom by Roaring Toyz and you cant get just one rim remade. So If I bust a rim, I have to buy the whole set and i would rather get more meat between the rim and the road because here in Virginia, They have started POTHOLE FARMING and wow is business booming.

Perhaps a 305/30/22?? This would give you a tad more diameter and perhaps a little bit more protection.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Sometime back I recall someone selling what I believe was a colored peel and stick diamond plate style panel that attached to the rear section outlined. I have been looking but can't seem to find it.

• Sometime back I recall someone selling what I believe was a colored peel and stick diamond plate style panel that attached to the rear section outlined. I have been looking but can't seem to find it.

Frankie55 I made rear protection plates for a couple years after struggling to clean the road grime from that area. They were attached with 3M tape and two push pins. Mine were solid diamond plate and were powder and clear coated in various colors.. There is one vendor that knocked off my product and started making them, but theirs have designs cut into them that would make cleaning even more difficult in my opinion. I'm sure someone here can report on that.

I can make and send you a paper template if you want to make your own. It's a pretty simple process.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)