What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Roadhawg, When ordering the Fumoto valve for the Gen1 Slingshot, don't forget to also order the adapter that moves the valve out far enough to allow the valve to clear the indent for the oil pan hole.

I ordered my valve on eBay but could not find anywhere including Amazon the extension. I had to go straight to Fumoto for that. The ordering was easy and fast

Need a torque chart? Have a question about installation? Need to make an exchange or return? You can do all of those things and more at the new Fumoto Help Center! Just search for whatever you're curious about. There are tons of helpful articles and photos to help guide you.

Thank you for choosing Fumoto. We're proud to have you as a customer.

Best,

Team Fumoto

Fumoto Online Store

3330 Industrial Drive

Santa Rosa CA 95403

United States

customer@fumotooildrainvalve.com

www.fumotooildrainvalve.com
    ho.gif

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I just visited the Fumoto website and there are four different valves for the Slingshot and one new arrival. Do you remember which part number you purchased and the part number for the extension? Thanks much, in advance.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Assuming that valve is in the open position does that little black clip lock it down into position once it's in that little groove? I agree with all the reasons it's getting praise I guess I too just have that thought in my head that if it somehow came open in the middle of riding how bad that would be.

• TheWickedReaper I thought that as well and wondered about that when I first ordered one. There is absolutely no way that valve is coming open whether you put the safety clip on it or not. It is spring loaded in the down position that is why you have to lift it up then move it to open it. The little black clip is just perhaps a little bit of added security but I really don’t believe it’s needed

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I would like to hear what people here think about the various different center hood vents that are available. do they really make any difference in cabin heat by letting under the hood heat out

I kind of like the assault vent as it is very different from the other options so if anyone has any experience with this or any of the others I would love to hear from you

from a functional point of view is this a mod worth doing or is it really just for looks????

Thanks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Ed, you bet. That was one of the first mods I put on and thus far, have no reason to regret it. I don't know if it makes any noticeable difference in the temperature of the cockpit. In Arizona, hot is just plain hot, but that's not why I believe it's important. For me, it was about venting as much heat off of the manifold as possible thus, why I chose the specific vent I have. The way mine is designed, air rushing over the top of those vents creates a vacuum and litterally sucks the heat out from under the hood. I imagine there's probably an added long-term benefit for the hood also. Of course, if you're worried about rain dripping down through it, I was, too, so I also purchased a manifold cover from DDMWorks that helps keep water off the manifold. Hope this helps.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Yes they do vent out heat, lots of it......a must have ......

• Ed, you bet. That was one of the first mods I put on and thus far, have no reason to regret it. I don't know if it makes any noticeable difference in the temperature of the cockpit. In Arizona, hot is just plain hot, but that's not why I believe it's important. For me, it was about venting as much heat off of the manifold as possible thus, why I chose the specific vent I have. The way mine is designed, air rushing over the top of those vents creates a vacuum and litterally sucks the heat out from under the hood. I imagine there's probably an added long-term benefit for the hood also. Of course, if you're worried about rain dripping down through it, I was, too, so I also purchased a manifold cover from DDMWorks that helps keep water off the manifold. Hope this helps.

Sling I has been vented since around 5,000 miles now at 101,000 miles I have not had any problems

• In my earlier post, I forgot to mention the most important feature of the vent I chose... it comes in RED!

well - I decided to go ahead and order the Assault hood vent - - and yes I did add the optional red vent plates

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• yes, my hood vents work

• I don't know if it made a difference on mine as far as heat goes while I am driving... I am sure it doesn't hurt it at all. When I stop and put my hand over the vent, I can feel the heat escaping... Plus it looks better.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.