What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• When you put 3,000 miles on your new turbo and you look down to see this....

Mod of the day... adding oil pressure to my turbo! Lol 🤦‍♂️

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• BKL

Never had turbo issues 🤞

Went to install the new Track Clutch and found this.

As the oil line is tightened during connection, the line twists. It probably lookEd like a slight spiral, which eventually turned into a knot...

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

• It’s a little easier to get to the starter, when the intake manifold is off ^^

• So Doc, now that you've had the turbo for a couple of weeks, what are your thoughts? Loving the sound as it spools up yet? Had to replace a tire yet due to the spinning? :)

You've been pretty quiet about things since you got it, inquiring minds want to know how you like it! Can't wait to check it out at an event.

• So Doc, now that you've had the turbo for a couple of weeks, what are your thoughts? Loving the sound as it spools up yet? Had to replace a tire yet due to the spinning? :)

You've been pretty quiet about things since you got it, inquiring minds want to know how you like it! Can't wait to check it out at an event.

Really enjoying it now that I've learned how to handle it. Works great as my daily driver and the sound of the new exhaust is wonderful.

The only problem is that I need a clutch now. 🤔

Clutch was not too good before, had it to Polaris twice, they replaced the master cylinder, but wouldn't do the clutch.

I'm going to have to find some folks to help me with this, that's beyond my skill level. I know you have to pull the engine for that 🤯

Probably gonna cost me plenty in beer & burritos, but I'm a good cook so that's okay. 😄

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Really enjoying it now that I've learned how to handle it. Works great as my daily driver and the sound of the new exhaust is wonderful.

The only problem is that I need a clutch now. 🤔

Clutch was not too good before, had it to Polaris twice, they replaced the master cylinder, but wouldn't do the clutch.

I'm going to have to find some folks to help me with this, that's beyond my skill level. I know you have to pull the engine for that 🤯

Probably gonna cost me plenty in beer & burritos, but I'm a good cook so that's okay. 😄

That sounds like a fun wrench day, sign me up.

• Hey Doc&Ruby , I need a clutch too. I’ve changed a couple. It’s not toooo bad a job. We need to get together and do a double clutch day. Anyone who wants to help is more than welcome!!!

“IT’S NOT TOO BAD”. — OMG!! How hast thou forsaken me!! It was the most painful thing I’ve ever been thru and all I did was fetch Dr Peppers — FOR DAYS!!! :00008172::00008172:

PS - dangerdarrell is an absolute expert on changing a clutch - he has already been thru a trial by fire clutch change :00008359::00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Hey Doc&Ruby , I need a clutch too. I’ve changed a couple. It’s not toooo bad a job. We need to get together and do a double clutch day. Anyone who wants to help is more than welcome!!!

I'll gladly come down and lend a hand and bring my tools/setup. Not sure if a quick jack is useful for an engine pull on these, but can bring mine.

This sounds awesome! Let's set a date & I'll get my new clutch ordered.

Who are you going to get yours from? I know ZZP has a performance clutch, but your opinion would be welcome!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Doc&Ruby & wokka , let me take a look at the logistics on this and I’ll get back to you tomorrow. One thing we need to look at is whether we need to replace the clutch release cylinder (on the main shaft) at the same time. My last one only held up about 1500 miles after the higher pressure clutch was installed. Didn’t replace it initially because I didn’t think it would be an issue and it was $300+.

• Doc&Ruby & wokka , let me take a look at the logistics on this and I’ll get back to you tomorrow. One thing we need to look at is whether we need to replace the clutch release cylinder (on the main shaft) at the same time. My last one only held up about 1500 miles after the higher pressure clutch was installed. Didn’t replace it initially because I didn’t think it would be an issue and it was $300+.

Good thing to know if I ever need to upgrade/repalce my clutch.

• Man what a family on. Just great to see all our brothers working together to help each other out. To hell with coronavirus, wait who’s bringing the case of corona.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Getting closer. Now to pull the pilot bearing...

Got deadlines. Slingshot meet next weekend! :00000436:

• Looks like Steel Braided Turbo Oil Outlet Lines eat though aluminum coolant tubes pretty quick 8|