What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Looks great and would be interested in a set!

• Hated I missed out on all the fun, just about got my SS back together to ride. Maybe we can hook up soon and go for a ride.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Thanks. splitter is made from Composite PVC material.

Just a quick bit of advice. Be extremely careful on approach to any incline like a driveway apron and elevation changes on roads at high speeds....ask me how I know.

My splitter is carbon fiber and tough as hell but it has a few battle scars.

Great Job again - love the looks

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• :)custom front lip spoiler installed

But do the halos do white? To keep po-po from showing you his blue lights.

Just a quick bit of advice. Be extremely careful on approach to any incline like a driveway apron and elevation changes on roads at high speeds....ask me how I know.

Agree with MACAWS ,

Nice front splitter...

But, I'm staying away from the Sonic Curb Feelers.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Just a quick bit of advice. Be extremely careful on approach to any incline like a driveway apron and elevation changes on roads at high speeds....ask me how I know.

Thanks for the advice and the compliment. I’ll def be on the lookout and careful

• Finally got my front exit exhaust and passenger floor extension done. Long process. Got the coffin exhaust from a dealer in Cali. Modified it and left the cat off, at first. Too loud and raspy. Worse was the exhaust fumes. Took the original cat that I cut out, used a resonator shell from the local junk yard, and installed further down just before the flex joint. Now more mellow and no stink! The passenger floor extension box is made from 1/2" expanded core PVC and sets on the SS frame so nice and sturdy. Wrapped it with sticky back heat shielding and used sticky back aluminum tape on all of the joints. Almost looks factory. Got seat sliders from the same junk yard and added those to the passenger seat. The floor extension was for me and the seat sliders was for the wife. She likes to slide up and lean back. I can now ride as a passenger comfortably.

2019 GT

Three years of too much stuff to list

• Wow, I'm 5'8" and my wife is just over 5'. We saved some money. Nice work!

• GA Slinger, My Wife refuses to ride with me due to the smell of my turbo exhaust. I've been thinking about trying to add a high-flow cat that will hopefully reduce/eliminate the smell.

• Dave@DDMWorks, How many clutch replacements/engine pulls does it take to get the process that quick? I'd think I was quick if I did it under 1-2 weeks, working a little each day!

3 times, definitely 3 😉

honestly not really sure, it could have actually been a little quicker but there was a bunch of LED’s I had to disconnect. The engine swap/clutch install is actually not that difficult once you know all the bolt sizes and have the cherry picker setup for the slingshot. Maybe next time it would be fun to do a live webcam or something.

• Dave@DDMWorks -

I haven't replaced a clutch since around 1969, so I lack the familiarity that comes with doing the same job on multiple occasions. A video of the replacement process would definitely be of help to those of us who would most likely attempt such a job ourselves due to the labor costs.

It seems it's usually the little things that disrupt what should be a relatively simple procedure. For example, today I replaced my transmission fluid. I bought a 24mm 1/2" socket yesterday only to learn today that it fit the transmission drain plug, but wouldn't clear the frame member next to the transmission fill hole! A 3/8" 24mm socket might have fit, but a 24mm combo wrench would have been perfect. I ended up using an adjustable wrench, but I prefer to use a socket or closed end wrench whenever possible since it would be less likely to damage the plug.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Ahhh, the memories! Back in the early eighties, I used to change the clutch in my '68 LeMans in the parking lot of my apartment in 45 minutes, by myself, with no floor jack! Just get the front end up on stands, drop the cherry bombs from the headers back, pull the driveline, crossmember, bell housing bolts, speedo cable and linkage (4 speed manual), then I'd belly up to it with my knees wrapped around it and muscle it back until clear, then roll to my side and drop it on the ground. To replace it, I'd position it on it's side, then wrap my knees and arms around it and roll onto my back with it on my belly, and use my arms and legs to get it onto the spline and into place. Piece 'o cake! Then I'd go out and destroy it again. Because of this method, I was pretty particular with the alignment tool.

I could do a VW clutch in about the same time but I couldn't lift the motor by hand of course. I wonder how many clutches I scattered in that decade?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Ahhh, the memories! Back in the early eighties, I used to change the clutch in my '68 LeMans in the parking lot of my apartment in 45 minutes, by myself, with no floor jack! Just get the front end up on stands, drop the cherry bombs from the headers back, pull the driveline, crossmember, bell housing bolts, speedo cable and linkage (4 speed manual), then I'd belly up to it with my knees wrapped around it and muscle it back until clear, then roll to my side and drop it on the ground. To replace it, I'd position it on it's side, then wrap my knees and arms around it and roll onto my back with it on my belly, and use my arms and legs to get it onto the spline and into place. Piece 'o cake! Then I'd go out and destroy it again. Because of this method, I was pretty particular with the alignment tool.

I could do a VW clutch in about the same time but I couldn't lift the motor by hand of course. I wonder how many clutches I scattered in that decade?

Kinda like a Jerry Reed song...

While she's livin' like a queen on alimony,
    I'm workin' two shifts eatin' baloney,
    Askin' myself, "Why didn't you just learn how to cook?!?!"

Why didn't you just learn how to drive a stick? ;) :D

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: