What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I done a fairly simple mod today. Not sure how it's going function until I can get a night ride in. I modified the outer light housing ever so slightly so it would accommodate a H1 led bulb. I had already swapped the h3 to an led but it was only moderately better than stock . these H1 bulbs are similar to what I have in the center lights...which are a HUGE improvement over stock. My only concern is the dispersion on the outer lights...am I going to be blinding oncoming drivers or is the lenses fairly focused in front of the vehicle??

I’m sure the oncoming drivers will let you know :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Hope you're able to repair the exhaust since they no longer produce it !

Yeah, but it's not that bad. It goes away after 1500 or so RPM. It's only at idle for the most part. Sounds internal, but I might be wrong and hope that I am. It's a great exhaust, very glad I got it, just sorry that others can't.

• You are going to like the madstad windshield. I really like mine and we rode for over 4200 miles and it was great.

I have a f4 plus 5 for sale if anyone interested.

I really like the versatility of opening or closing and with a little tilt it’s very comfortable.

After sayin all this, you probably have had one before, if not just my $ .02

JUST SAYIN

I've been running one for 3 years or more, and agree with you. My first windshield from them was either custom or discontinued. It was given to me from a great close friend and forum member. It was only a little over 6" tall and very light tinted. I'd love to replace that one with one just like it. It was scratched some, and when I replaced it I went to a 7", either medium or dark tint. Bad when the shield is up and riding into canopies of trees. Between the windshield and the sudden shade... along with sunglasses, I was riding blind. I hit a chunk of rock in WV that was in the center of the road with my back wheel because of it. Bent the rim, had to replace. The 9" may be cut down to make what I want, but at least I'll be able to see thru it until then.

• I done a fairly simple mod today. Not sure how it's going function until I can get a night ride in. I modified the outer light housing ever so slightly so it would accommodate a H1 led bulb. I had already swapped the h3 to an led but it was only moderately better than stock . these H1 bulbs are similar to what I have in the center lights...which are a HUGE improvement over stock. My only concern is the dispersion on the outer lights...am I going to be blinding oncoming drivers or is the lenses fairly focused in front of the vehicle??

Looking forward to seeing some night pics with your new bulbs. I started trying to figure out how to replace the outer CH and Auxiliary headlights with Hella 90mm units (1 Hi and 1 Lo beam per side, but haven't done much beyond fabbing a test mounting bracket. I initially thought about trying some rectangular LED headlights, but didn't like the beam patterns with the cheap units I got off eBay. I also looked at some 4x6 rectangular headlights from American Muscle for the mid-90s Mustangs, but that will also mean a lot of mods. Lots of work still to do on the Hella headlights, but my immediate priority is refilling my new angle drive lube to replace what drained out during shipping. Then I need to refill and check my clutch MC for leaks and make sure my brakes are still working properly, just in case. I got distracted by other things today and didn't get to the clutch MC work I had wanted to do today. Got an offer on some land in WV and my Wife told me she wants to get a COVID test tomorrow since she's not feeling well.

• I've been running one for 3 years or more, and agree with you. My first windshield from them was either custom or discontinued. It was given to me from a great close friend and forum member. It was only a little over 6" tall and very light tinted. I'd love to replace that one with one just like it. It was scratched some, and when I replaced it I went to a 7", either medium or dark tint. Bad when the shield is up and riding into canopies of trees. Between the windshield and the sudden shade... along with sunglasses, I was riding blind. I hit a chunk of rock in WV that was in the center of the road with my back wheel because of it. Bent the rim, had to replace. The 9" may be cut down to make what I want, but at least I'll be able to see thru it until then.

I am still running my cut down stock tinted 2015 and the clear cut down wind screen, I just use the Mequiar's plastic polish. I still have 2 ea. of the stock wind screens that I have not cut down yet.

• Looking forward to seeing some night pics with your new bulbs. I started trying to figure out how to replace the outer CH and Auxiliary headlights with Hella 90mm units (1 Hi and 1 Lo beam per side, but haven't done much beyond fabbing a test mounting bracket. I initially thought about trying some rectangular LED headlights, but didn't like the beam patterns with the cheap units I got off eBay. I also looked at some 4x6 rectangular headlights from American Muscle for the mid-90s Mustangs, but that will also mean a lot of mods. Lots of work still to do on the Hella headlights, but my immediate priority is refilling my new angle drive lube to replace what drained out during shipping. Then I need to refill and check my clutch MC for leaks and make sure my brakes are still working properly, just in case. I got distracted by other things today and didn't get to the clutch MC work I had wanted to do today. Got an offer on some land in WV and my Wife told me she wants to get a COVID test tomorrow since she's not feeling well.

I will definitely update after I get to try them with an actual drive. I ordered the h1 bulbs and some h1 mounting brackets. The original plan was to mount the brackets and use them for the h1 swap. After starting the process, it turned out to be a bigger pain than I thought but...it did make me see that there was a super simple way to fit the led bulb base in the stock H3 bracket. Soooo, crossing my fingers that this works as it will be a much cheaper than a Canadian light upgrade

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• Nice print. It can be hard getting the adjustment right sometimes. I just wish I was better with Fusion 3D. I learn how to do something and the next time I need that function I haven't a clue how to do it. Bought books but forgot where I put them.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Nice print. It can be hard getting the adjustment right sometimes. I just wish I was better with Fusion 3D. I learn how to do something and the next time I need that function I haven't a clue how to do it. Bought books but forgot where I put them.

I’m not sure should I give thumbs up, the only advice if any I can give is keep trying. If you want some help please PM me I’ll try my best to do so.

If you send me a “STL” file I’ll send you the “G Code”

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Just wondering for anyone who has done this hydrodipping before. How much (or little) product do you need to apply over the water to properly cover a piece? Is it a trial and error and you learn as you go, or does it depend on the surface area of the tank as well as the part being treated? Inquiring minds want to know. And done worry, I'm NOT going to go in business doing this. Just wondering if it's a "cheap" enough hobby to consider to pass the time on rainy summer afternoons down here in Florida

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Just wondering for anyone who has done this hydrodipping before. How much (or little) product do you need to apply over the water to properly cover a piece? Is it a trial and error and you learn as you go, or does it depend on the surface area of the tank as well as the part being treated? Inquiring minds want to know. And done worry, I'm NOT going to go in business doing this. Just wondering if it's a "cheap" enough hobby to consider to pass the time on rainy summer afternoons down here in Florida

You can look at you tube videos, but my experience is play and try, one thing is important and nowhere mentioned is the base color which effect's the appearance. Also use enough (more will not hurt) material. I’m doing this for fun and Friends :thumbsup:

If you're completely wrapping something or have multiple sides it's easiest to cut the film like wrapping a present to make sure you have all sides accounted for. A single side can be cut a little closer. When you hit the film with the activator it will expand outward when it turns to liquid so you have that to account for as well. Always better to have too much than not enough though. Extremely aggravating to have a really good solid pattern come out and then realize you missed a section cause there wasn't enough film.

As far as hobby, it can be as cheap or as expensive as any other hobby. Just have to take into account the other parts that will be included such as prep, base coat, clear coat, etc.

The biggest thing to be prepared for down your way, especially on that rainy summer afternoon is the humidity depending on where you're setting up. Humidity can wreak havoc on the film and have you throwing stuff before the film ever hits the water.

But for something different and fun to try I'd definitely say go for it. They make diy "kits" but for the prices on those you'd be better off just getting some bulk supplies from a distributor and sourcing everything else local. Only thing I suggest if you are starting out is to find you some film that's abstract such as woodgrain, brushed aluminum, camo, etc. Will be alot more forgiving on your nerves while your trying to learn.

• @mytoy thanks. I get most of my files from Yeggi but what I really hate is when you print a multi part project and find out that the thing does work. I have printed a lot of stuff but the only filament I have used is PETG. I should try ABS as I believe it is stronger. If I recall right you are using a very high end printer.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Thanks for that info. a LOT there to digest. I didn't think the film was as sensitive to humidity as actually spraying paint would be. Scratch that thought as those summer days are laced with humidity levels in the 80% on a good day and OMG on the bad ones

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE