spare wheel and tire

• Wound't hurt.....I Keep my insurance card and registration in the roll hoop....What i did was drill though the heads of the screws and put a clip through them so i can unscrew them by hand...

Like that idea, but what I did instead of modifying the screws just throw a set of the torx & hex keys in the passenger cubby. Can get them from Harbor Freight for $6.99 reg and $3.99 on sale. Not use for any maintenance, but are just there in case of emergency for any of the screws.

• Oh, and for getting a set of take offs, check with your dealer. They will often have sets where a customer wanted the wheels switched out and will sell them for cheap. I know ACPin San Antonio sells the base 17/18's for $200/set of 3 and the SLR 18/20's for $400. Cash talks too. I wouldn't let him keep my set so they're sitting in the back of my garage.

There was one guy somewhere who made a spare tire mount for about the rear, like the off-roaders do. See if we can find the pic somewhere.

• There was also a guy from Houston who had home built a carrier for the top of his sling with a roof, made out of wood. He had a spare tire on top along with luggage.

Saw him at Kerrville last year.

hehehe - - I dont want to carry the dang thing - - just seemed like it could be a nice idea to have one at home - just in case :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Oh, and for getting a set of take offs, check with your dealer. They will often have sets where a customer wanted the wheels switched out and will sell them for cheap. I know ACPin San Antonio sells the base 17/18's for $200/set of 3 and the SLR 18/20's for $400. Cash talks too. I wouldn't let him keep my set so they're sitting in the back of my garage.

There was one guy somewhere who made a spare tire mount for about the rear, like the off-roaders do. See if we can find the pic somewhere.

that’s a really good deal considering if you ordered a set from polaris it would cost $2000....

• hehehe - - I dont want to carry the dang thing - - just seemed like it could be a nice idea to have one at home - just in case :thumbsup:

There was a couple early on 2015 and 2016 that had done two or three trips across the USA and a trip to Alaska. He had built a top and put a spare mounted Conti. Extreme on he top and had used the 18 inch rims all the way around. He also said the Conti. Extreme was the best tire out there. Back when EJ and got started they already had something like 50,000 miles on their Sling.

• after giving it some more thought and realizing that I would also need a jack and a breaker bar with the right socket brought to me with the spare I think this idea is not as good as I was thinking. only jack I own is a 3 ton floor jack and I just cant see my wife throwing that along with the wheel/tire in her trunk to bring to me =O=O

so I guess I will just hope I dont need a spare and if I do thats what AAA is for

• after giving it some more thought and realizing that I would also need a jack and a breaker bar with the right socket brought to me with the spare I think this idea is not as good as I was thinking. only jack I own is a 3 ton floor jack and I just cant see my wife throwing that along with the wheel/tire in her trunk to bring to me =O=O

so I guess I will just hope I dont need a spare and if I do thats what AAA is for

A small scissor jack would work well and be easily transportable. You could probably find a few at the local wrecking yard for not much $$.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• A small scissor jack would work well and be easily transportable. You could probably find a few at the local wrecking yard for not much $$.

yes - I thought about this and it would work,

Here are a couple things I put in my race tote. Typically for my race tote I just get harbor freight stuff because it all gets beat and/or lost so when it's wasted or lost I do not feel bad about replacing it or owning doubles of certain tools. The jack is aluminum and weighs about 10lbs and the torque wrench will work as your breaker bar and then you just need the corresponding 1/2" drive socket. You're only breaking or tightening to 100ft lbs. So assuming you use coupons or wait for sales, you could have all the things you would need for under $100 and its all very easy for anyone to move around. Just my 2 cents.

https://www.harborfreight.com/…ing-Floor-Jack-64545.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/…_br_psugg_q=torque+wrench

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• At this point I am going to put this idea on the back burner - asking the wife to bring me a tire would probably be good with her - asking her to bring a tire, jack and tools might be a bit much - This all also requires that she is home and is not out doing something or not watching grand kids when I need the tire and it all starts getting to complicated - - - when I first had the thought I wasn't really thinking about all of the possibilities and knowing Murphy's Law I can almost guarantee that when the time came it would probably just be easier to call AAA.

Anyway thanks for all of the input and help I do really appreciate it :thumbsup:

• The jack in her car may very well work, check there in your garage.

Same goes for her lug wrench, you may get lucky, or put a small 4 way in her car.

Im at work right now so I cant check what I have at home - - can someone tell me what size socket fits the stock lug nuts?