• So you do your Vette yourself? Do Corvette buyers care if it's not on the service record (Carfax)?

Make your own service record? I have never bothered to keep a record because it has always been every 3,000 or 5,000 miles. According to what type of oil I was using. My first mechanical job was a top end on my Cruisar/Vespa scooter around 1965. I have pretty much done everything except rebuilding a trans. and a rear end since then.

• Make your own service record?

I do that on all my vehicles and small engines. I shoot for 3,000 miles on a dino oil change and 5,000 synthetic but sometimes I'm a bit late so I like a record. Small engines (generator, pressure washer, brush fan, etc) once a year in the spring.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• On my slingshot I found that if I change the oil at an even 5,000 it's easy to remember . So I change it at 20 , 25, 30 Etc. If I'm off a few hundred miles either way it doesn't concern me. I do keep a spreadsheet of all the service that has been done by the dealer. I'm just curious to see how much money I have put into it

• I do my oil and filter every 5,000 miles on the slingshot and when I do it I document it in an excel spread sheet that I keep for my records and I also document it with date stamped photo's - normally I would think the photos would be excessive, but with an extended warranty I want to be sure they don't have any reason to try to deny coverage,

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I work too hard for my Money to be giving it away needlessly. I try to never pay full retail unless there is no other alternative. Money in my pocket is always better than being in someone else’s.

Paying over $10 for the exact same oil isn’t on my priority list. I actually don’t do a lot of shopping at Walmart, but a deal is a deal. If I leave my house and turn left a Walmart is 2 miles away...if I turn right a different Walmart is 5 miles away.

that goes for clothes, food, auto parts ... I routinely search 10-20 sites for the best deal before buying.

if something I use is on sale I buy 2-3 shoes, auto parts, jeans, cereal, cat food, litter, pop depends on what it is....on how many “expendables” I buy especially if it saves me money in the future.

I buy 20 or more 2 liter bottles of pop, over 100 cans of cat food, 4-40 pound boxes of kitty litter, 100 lithium AA batteries (for business) box of 12 wiper blades. 19 slingshot oil filters, 4-5 jugs of oil.

I buy quality items on sale not crap. Usually name brand items.

and I don’t eat in any foreign “cuisine” restaurants. EVER ... especially if it’s a third world establishment ... French fries is pushing my boundaries..... our idea of clean and safe and theirs isn’t even close. You would probably puke if you ever saw their kitchens.

bottom line is shopping thrifty for quality sale items gives me more money to blow on my slingshot...win, win...

• I have to agree - I don't shop at walmart regularly at all, in fact just about the only thing I buy there consistently is the Mobil 1 oil and my oil filter - - it is the lowest price i have found locally and I don't see any point in paying more just so I can make some political statement by not going to walmart - for other things that are not needed immediately I shop mostly online and do my best to search and find the lowest price

• No worries is only a matter of time before they go broke.

yep - Amazon will put them out of business, but then again is Amazon really any different?

• Can anyone tell me, what type of oil filter for a Slingshot SL?

I've used Hengst, Bosch, and Wix (in $5 range) on both my Slingshots. I particularly like WIX; somehow it looks more substantial to me...don't ask me why tho! I order a bunch at a time from here:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/ca…26,engine,oil+filter,5340

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• It's not cheap, but you can't go wrong with Dave's oil filter and relocation kit, giving you a MUCH bigger filter, plus it's SO much easier to get to.

I'm not sure if he has a kit with only the relocation setup, for those of you who like to get 30+ MPG and don't need the cooling, a quick search of his site didn't show it.

i72ApaL.jpg

Oil Filter is the big white circle here at the bottom of the pic, it reminds me of the Ford FL1a filters, it's that large.

• I have the 32mm socket and occasionally it still is difficult to get it in place on top of the filter cover. I also have a 32mm crowfoot wrench that, while a little awkward to have to keep removing and resetting it on the filter cover, works fine w/o getting stuck trying to place it on the filter cover.

Edward Neal - As far as the Draft, I hit 18 in Nov 1970 and the next lottery pulled 333. I had chosen engineering in college to avoid having to take a foreign language, got tired of going to school and volunteered for the draft and while at the reception station at Ft. Jackson, SC, ended up extending to go into the Army Security Agency to go to German language training. I ended up taking German for 6 hrs/day for 32 weeks with an initial homework load around 3 hrs/night! Remember, I had gotten tired of school so I joined the Army! Guess I wasn't so smart. Between Basic Training, German Language training and my 98G Voice Intercept Operator training, I was in school for the next 14 months before I finally got assigned to the US Army Security Agency Field Station Berlin. My experience there got me a great starting position when I finally got out of the Army 11+ years later, but the best part was meeting my Wife while she was taking Russian in the Air Force! We just had our 46th Anniversary last December.