Slingshot Fun Factor

• All,

I have a 03' Mitsubishi EVO that's modified to the hilt (600awhp) and is extremely fast. I get enjoyment out of the pull of that car, but I can't help but to ask myself, "Is it as fun as my Slingshot?" I don't really know yet. I've had my Slingshot for a year now and only have about 3k miles on it. I love every bit of it's smooth controls and the manual control you get with shifting the gears and such. But is it my favorite vehicle to drive?

How about you guys/gals? What makes your Slingshot worthy of the purchase? How does it compare to your daily ride? If you have a motorcycle, is it still the best thrill?

• For me my slingshot is pure fun. Got rid of my car the day I brought the sling home and since that day in 2017 my slingshot has been my daily driver. Even when it rains and I am getting soaked I can’t help but smile. I can honestly say that in my 65 years on this earth and all the vehicles purchased my slingshot is the only one where never once have I had even one second of buyers remorse- I just love it 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yea, it would be awesome in Cali for sure. The weather permits it. Also the roads are catered to motorcycles to avoid traffic.

Not just Cali - - - Palm Springs - - - - over 350 days of sunshine a year and even in our coldest months of December and January the average high is 70 degrees :thumbsup:

• My Softail has been sitting in the garage for 4 years now. The slingshot can pucker my sphincter just as easy as the Harley did, and I don't have those "I'M GONNA DIE!" moments. Plus I like having Caryn ride with me. She didn't do well on the bike.

• My slingshot was not exactly an impulse purchase, call it an obsession purchase.

I've owned it for about 9 months now, almost 8K on it. I drive it in heat (up to 105) & cold (down to 15) but not so much in rain. My SUV has had less than 5K on it since I brought Ruby home, and I smile every time I fire it up.

Nothing I've ever driven has lit me up like that!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• One of the most common questions I get is what it is and is it fun. I can answer both questions with a simple description, it's my "Adult Go-Kart". If you enjoyed riding go-karts as a kid, you'll like a slingshot.

I got to watch EjFord give a couple his spiel about it and talk them into a ride. I'm pretty sure he was trying to talk the wife into the first ride, but she declined. She sure was a doll.

My bike has been idle in the garage for the last 5 months I've owned the SS other than cranking it occasionally. My current bike is an 01 Ninja ZX6r with upgraded/synch'd carbs and is insanely fast.

• This is the biggest mistake many buyers make, to compare the SlingShot to an automobile. Completely different vehicles offering completely different experiences, mostly depending on one's mood and expectations at the moment.

Ultimately, the only vehicles to be able to stay with the SlingShot in the twisties are two-wheelers! Here was our introduction to the SlingShot!

Bill

• we test drove the new Miata before purchasing the Slingshot - no comparison as far as I was concerned. Slingshot handles better, just as fast, actually easier to get in & out of, and didn't feel claustrophobic like the Miata.

As for the eye-catching attention, Slingshot hands down every time. No regrets on our purchase!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I watch everyone that thinks they have a hot car pass me, they are all looking at me....I pretend I don’t even see them....so if they’re all looking at me....who has the hottest, coolest vehicle?

It’s almost like I can see them coming down the road thinking....who’s bad....and then they see me and it’s like ....that guy...

• Aceman I rode motorcycles for over 60 years and had to give them up because they were getting to hard to handle. Right after I turned 82 I went for a test drive at my local Polaris dealership. I knew right away I needed the wind in my face again. I purchased My 2018 Sling on the spot. It is not my daily driver but I enjoy it as much as I did my motorcycles.

• Aceman I rode motorcycles for over 60 years and had to give them up because they were getting to hard to handle. Right after I turned 82 I went for a test drive at my local Polaris dealership. I knew right away I needed the wind in my face again. I purchased My 2018 Sling on the spot. It is not my daily driver but I enjoy it as much as I did my motorcycles.

72 and trying to get all the miles in that I can, started in May of 1964

• I watch everyone that thinks they have a hot car pass me, they are all looking at me....I pretend I don’t even see them....so if they’re all looking at me....who has the hottest, coolest vehicle?

Here in Palm Springs there are a quite a few extremely high end automobiles on the road and several times over the last 2 plus years I have ended up sitting at the light next to a car costing well in excess of 6 figures only to have the driver roll down his/her window to give me a thumbs up. I even had a guy in a brand new Bentley slow down and drive all around me checking it out

I really dont think most of these people have any clue that the Slingshot is as inexpensive as it is compared to what they are driving

Also not that long ago they had some high end special addition carbon fiber white corvette on display at The River a local outdoor shopping area a few feet from it was a Slingshot on display, it was also white and almost everyone was over gathered around looking at the slingshot and almost completely ignoring the Vette

I think we just have to accept that we all drive a very cool machine that really confuses those who do not know what it is - - heck on at least 3 occasions I have had some idiot ask me if its fun off road - - I'm like what?

• FunCycle Got my first 2 wheeler in 1951. A Cushman Eagle. That's when I fell in love with 2 wheelers. I can't name all the motorcycles I've owned but I enjoyed them all with one exception. A 1975 Harley Dyna Glide. It left a sour taste in my mouth because it spent more time in the shop than it did under me.

• FunCycle Got my first 2 wheeler in 1951. A Cushman Eagle. That's when I fell in love with 2 wheelers. I can't name all the motorcycles I've owned but I enjoyed them all with one exception. A 1975 Harley Dyna Glide. It left a sour taste in my mouth because it spent more time in the shop than it did under me.

In 1975 I was riding the new Gold Wing (the fifth one sold in S.C.) That was also when Harley was sold and everything went to crap. Harley's were only around town, very rarely seen any on the roads. I did not buy a Harley until 2013, said I had to have at least one ( now 20,000 miles) Picked up the Slingshot Feb. 12, 2015 it now has 82,000 miles.