Slingshot locks

• Edward Neal have you had any issues with the key and lock on this setup? I looked at purchasing one, but the reviews were so bad on the locks wearing out, I decided against it. Thought I would ask a actual user and get your review.

:SUNSETSS:

I havent had any issues. it has worked perfectly, I dont use it that often so in time I could change my mind, but it is Master Lock and they have a pretty good reputation

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I thought about getting that E-brake shift lock, but it just seemed too easy for someone to remove the shift knob to remove the lock so I got master lock street cuffs instead, with these I can lock the steering wheel to the frame with the wheels turned all the way to one side - cant even roll it in a straight line and it also makes it very hard to even sit in it

i-nmQXhpj-X2.jpg

I like this set up :thumbup:

• 2 years with no problems. They stay in the SS with one side latched all of the time and I use them only when I am at strange motels/hotels. Which worked out to be around 10 times last summer

Same here. Only use it when I feel the need at overnight stays. I also use the cockpit cover, as that seems to help keep people from just jumping in it.

• Same here. Only use it when I feel the need at overnight stays. I also use the cockpit cover, as that seems to help keep people from just jumping in it.

I went ahead and bought a quick release for my steering wheel so when I am going anywhere that I feel is sketchy I just take my steering wheel with me.

• I went ahead and bought a quick release for my steering wheel so when I am going anywhere that I feel is sketchy I just take my steering wheel with me.

I don't wish anyone to have someone climb in their SS without asking, and surely not to have it stolen. That said, most places I stay when I'm out travelling are out of the way places. Less traffic, means less that notice it's even there. If I am at a motel near the interstate, that's when I'll use more precaution. You taking the steering wheel off, my locked to the frame steering wheel with a cover over it.... makes them less desirable to a thief. If I'm at a rally, chances are there are much nicer Slings in the lot than mine. Some of them will likely not be secured in any way. That makes those more easily taken, if that is the intent of a thief. I don't wish anyone to lose their SS, but more than any of them, I don't want mine taken! :D

• I have come out of a store and found people sitting in it taking pictures, lifting the top because they were wondering how it opened, and looking around through the cabin to see what kind of storage it had.

• I have come out of a store and found people sitting in it taking pictures, lifting the top because they were wondering how it opened, and looking around through the cabin to see what kind of storage it had.

I have found people standing around my Slingshot, but never in it. But I have the cuffs just in case. Only really use them if I am going to be away from the Slingshot for more than just a few minutes and in reality they are mainly for the times I take the slingshot out of town and have to park it over night at a hotel. I must say that am glad I have them at these times, it just makes it feel better when I walk away and know its locked.

• in those moments, I sigh, look down at my hands, and remember I am holding my steering wheel lol.

I dont think I would like to take my steering wheel in to the store or mall with me, and I would worry if I didnt take it, someone else might. As such I think I would lock it in one of the storage compartments ^^

• Sometimes I take the Keys out of the Slingshot and put them in my pocket.

Please don't tell the 'bad guys' there is a key hanging under the hood in case I loose

mine on a trip.

Never heard of you loosing your keys . Really haven’t heard that.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Awwww hell that's nothin - I got so used to leaving the keys in it when I left it the garage that I did that everywhere ... on the road at hotels, shopping, work,

I dunno why just the SlingShot, but I definitely have gotten into the habit of forgetting to remove the keys? :/

Oh, and so far the Grasshopper has been always just where we have left it and I do not have to wonder where the keys are at! :thumbsup:

Bill

• Does the Digital Guard Dawg draw any power when parked?