Beaded Seats

• I've been using one of these in the driver's seat since 1 month after I got my 2015 Slingshot in June '15.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P9R8PPG/. It has an elastic strap across the back to hold it in place. The only problem I've noticed is if you sit on it while the surround is folded on itself, it will want to stay that way, but the airflow has not diminished. I have not experienced any failure of the threading holding the beads in place.

91XFUKjJWYL._SL1500_.jpg

• I gotta say looking the pics taken with a flash that the interior sure looks a lot dirtier when illuminated by the flash compared to just sitting inside the Slingshot!:/

I do plan on washing my Slingshot sometime in the next month or two!:D

direct flash is about the harshest lighting there is for taking pictures never very flattering to the subject

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Here's some photos back from my ventisit request, there is no doubt it is a great venting product. They have many generic sizes like a 95 x 40 rectangular pad , also as they are from the Netherlands, they do supply some European forums, here is a seat they have made for the Super Seven an old favorite there.

• wokka BKL  Bigdog  SoCal  Edward Neal  gooseman  wjfyfe  John Price

While I don't doubt the Ventisit is a great product , the cost makes me wonder how many people are interested in shelling out that kind of money for a comfort pad , I guess it is something you may only use on long rides or hot weather rides , but it may very well be worth it then.

Is there an interest for it?

Being out of the Netherlands they distribute form there only. They have a unigue shipping worldwide policy , in that its one price for a box, and the box can contain from one to 20 pieces ,same rate which is $32.50 USD so if bought in a box of ten the shipping to one location is onlY $3.20 a piece . Then there is the cost of shipping them out locally one or two at a time which is anybodys guess but better carry an average $25.00

you can see from the cart , their 95 x40 ( 37.5''x18.75") is $79.80 US plus shipping

They are sending me a price on the super seven pad , expect it to be more.

I don't know, is there enough interest to start a group buy thread ? I would be prepared to bring over a box with the cost split evenly , we could get the international shipping down to $3.25 a piece but then have to get them all delivered to one location and distribute from there . I could have a box and take it to Maggie Valley and guys could pick up there , those who aren't going would be looking at additional courier cost.

How about a simple yay or nay from those mentioned above as to whether or not this is the type of product you would even entertain a group buy on to try out given the price point? Any body else, , please chime in .

• the dimensions on the super seven seat just arrived ,

107x33/29/33 cm Super Seven car seat classic pad, with 8x Velcro

and the price is $18.00 higher than the 90 x 45 priced above , which was expected as it is taller and shaped to fit the racing seats, so it would fit all our seats better . The separate head rest pad is another $13.00

• While I don't doubt the Ventisit is a great product , the cost makes me wonder how many people are interested in shelling out that kind of money for a comfort pad , I guess it is something you may only use on long rides or hot weather rides , but it may very well be worth it then.

Is there an interest for it?

While a group buy might be good for those interested here, I really don't see many buying that.

That would be one of those things that you would have to see in person and maybe sit on it for someone to say "hm... yeah this might be worth $XXX bucks so give it a try" but again it could be as a northerner I am short sighted, maybe the brothers down south in CA - AZ - FL - TX will have a different view on it and will think this is the next best thing since sliced bread.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• We have lil complaint about the seats while riding in our couple of months of "hot" weather, just during those occasions where the Grasshopper may sit in the sun and the seats heat up, at which time we have been putting the backrest forward or just slipping on the cockpit cover......................

...................oh, and now we also have the Sport Top. ;)

But, even with that said, we have still been looking for something like this where we also would be interested if these matched and complimented the style of the stock SlingShot seat?

Bill

• kev

Sorry friend but I am going to have to be a nay.

Your offer makes it very tempting, but buying sight un seen without an easy and free return option kills it for me.

I do want to say thank you though - - - incredibly generous of you :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• kev, I'm interested in a pair without headrest, pick up in MV.

At what point did they offer a price break in buying them, or did they say a number.

well of course they want me to purchase a set to try them out first thats a manufacturers way of saying to an intial inquiry from a total stranger, they are not about to reveal dealer pricing to just anybody. If we have interest and we want to try an intial order i will go back to him and introduce him to my site and get a discount which i would pass on to the initial group . But if i then decide to list them and market them I will need to do so at a retail price of their retail price plus about $25.00 to cover the initial shipping plus domestic shipping. But until I.m ready to place an order with him I wont have the leverage to earn a decent discount. I will get us one if we order but I,d only be guessing as to what kind of percentage is available if we order say ten or more, that being said he has indicated dealer pricing is available, but it will take another email or two to hammer that out. But what im really asking here is , is there a market for them at their retail plus shipping . is it an item you would buy at normal retail , if you werent part of the intial group buy, where we will be able to save at least domestic shipping . I,m sure Bigdog can confirm for us the recumbent bike crowd doesnt hesitate to pay that price for ventilation and comfort and don't forget the price is per seat, not per pair.

• These vent pads are only something you want to use in the summer to get air circulating behind you. In cool or cold weather it will only make you cold...

To see how much they work....I’ve taken a ride in the summer without it. The back of My tee shirt was soaked.....then I used the pad and after a few miles my shirt was dry. You can feel if blowing behind you.

So I really don’t think you was to be applying Velcro to your plastic/leather/ rubber/cloth seats. That’s my opinion on the matter...