Cleaning /shining black plastic

• Hell that even looks like clouds reflecting on deck . Come on man use what you like ,but don’t criticize what other people like . Maybe applications are different from one to another. Even surface prep could be different. Just enjoy the ride.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Got a question. The Slickmist tire shine that comes with the kit says it's good for the trim panels. Have any of you used that instead of the interior spray?

I did try the tire shine on the back of the tub, and it does work well, but I prefer the interior detailer - I think it stays clean longer and it also smells better. Also of the three I seem to run out of the tire shine first because I use it liberally on the tires so I dont want to use even more on the trim.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• You bought something that had 3/5 stars out of 4 reviews and you are surprised when it doesn't work ....or worse yet does something it is not supposed to.

Wash everything really good and then go to Lucas interior detailer for plastic and speed wax for the painted stuff.

The plastic still looks shiny...... the makers probably reviewed it...

So for shine I give it 5 stars... for messing up the paint no stars....

And I give myself 10 stars for my honest evaluation...

Question on the Lucas stuff....does it stay shiny....for how long?

• I use VooDoo Ride All-Surface Detailer on Nuc’em. Interior and exterior. Shines up both paint and plastic. Rairly use a hose, only on belt and rear wheel.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Well in my never ending, never ending search I tried this stuff today on really dirty faded looking bumpers.

303 tire stuff

You can see how crappy the bumpers look before. Stuff smells like grape juice.

Now it needs to be treated with something. I looked for the Lucas stuff but they don’t carry it. Have to try another auto parts or Walmart.

• Why don't you show us what happens when you use Pledge, Bigdog?

Bill

• I use Mother's Back to Black... does wonders for black plastic finish, lasts about 3-4 months before I need to reapply.

Did the black plastic detailing Sunday, didn't think to do a before/after photo, but here is the splash guard / driver's side. FWIW: This is a day later after a 170 mile drive & no wash or touch up after.

• Here is another highly rated product.

Bonds to the molecular structure......long lasting....

I dont see any need to spend money on special products to fix what isnt broken - with the lucas products that I use in my regular cleaning the black has remained black and looks great along with everything else.. I have tried things that cost much more like Top Coat and Hydroselix and back to black and in the end none of them have worked any better than the three Lucas products - fact is the only thing those other products have done better is to drain my wallet faster.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Converting ml to oz, that is 1.01 oz. Not bad for $51! If you buy a quart it would be $1632 (maybe they will give you a discount). How many bottles do you think you will need to do all the black plastic on a Slingshot? I will also stick to the Lucas!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

Mother's Back to Black in a 12-oz bottle is about 9.75 on Amazon, click HERE and you can get six 12-oz bottles for under $47.00.... that's 72x cheaper than the other trim restorer. Put it another way, for 72 oz of your stuff, I can but 72 oz of Mother's and have enough left over for a new turbocharger... with shiny black plastic trim!8|8o

I've never tried the Lucas product - they don't have it at my local auto parts joint, but Mother's is available at most Wal-Mart stores.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Mother's Back to Black in a 12-oz bottle is about 9.75 on Amazon, click HERE and you can get six 12-oz bottles for under $47.00.... that's 72x cheaper than the other trim restorer. Put it another way, for 72 oz of your stuff, I can but 72 oz of Mother's and have enough left over for a new turbocharger... with shiny black plastic trim!8|8o

I've never tried the Lucas product - they don't have it at my local auto parts joint, but Mother's is available at most Wal-Mart stores.

I have the Ultimate Black and the Back to Black, matter of fact I have all of them. The only ones that I us is the Lucas and the F-11 because they do not streak the painted areas. I do not like to have to clean the painted area after using some of these products

• I have the Ultimate Black and the Back to Black, matter of fact I have all of them. The only ones that I us is the Lucas and the F-11 because they do not streak the painted areas. I do not like to have to clean the painted area after using some of these products

Yeah, I've found out the hard way that you have to be careful - products for trim and paint often don't work well when accidentally put on the other surface!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• LOL, That is the great thing about lemon Pledge or Favor, I use it on EVERYTHING on the SlingShot! :thumbsup:

Bill

I have never used Pledge on anything bu wood. I have a friend here with a 64 GTO conv. and all he ever uses is glass cleaner without the ammonia, we have been round and round about that one. Not even Quik Detail. Which brings up something else, F-11 needs to do another 50% off sale. I only have about 20 oz. left, but that should last the rest of the summer. I tried something that someone in Clarksville told me. Sprayed the whole Sling down with F-11 and let sit 24 hours. All I can say is it works, even the roll hoops are shiny now. But you do use quite a bit of F-11. I used maybe 6 oz. to do this.