Cleaning the hoods underside

• The underside of my hood was looking nasty so decided to clean it. Used an old method for cleaning plastic on my ATVs, foaming tire cleaner.
    1. Opened the hood and used a tarp to cover the engine and headlights.
    2. Spray the entire underside of the hood with Armorall tire foam (use whatever brand you have) and let it work for 10 minutes.
    3. Spray with soapy water and touch all the surfaces with a soft brissle brush. I used a pump up garden sprayer with water and dish washing liquid.
    4. After brushing spray with soapy water again then rinse with a hose.
    5. Blow dry. Several spots will hold a lot of water but a circuiteer or leaf blower will get it all.

• I have done a little different a few times. First off understand that I have never used a water hose on my SS, with one exception and that was a pressure washer to get rid of the Georgia clay. Now , understand that under my hood is black and I have seen some that were body color. I cover the engine and the front with a small tarp. Then I spray under the hood with the Lucas tire treatment and let sit overnight, the next morning it looks just like it was brand new. NO SCRUBBING AND NO WATER HOSE Oh! and no hurting back

• I have done a little different a few times. First off understand that I have never used a water hose on my SS, with one exception and that was a pressure washer to get rid of the Georgia clay. Now , understand that under my hood is black and I have seen some that were body color. I cover the engine and the front with a small tarp. Then I spray under the hood with the Lucas tire treatment and let sit overnight, the next morning it looks just like it was brand new. NO SCRUBBING AND NO WATER HOSE Oh! and no hurting back

I don't use a power washer just a hose with low pressure. How do you wash yours without a hose?

• @KayTwo this thread

• you'll get wet doing that - don't forget your snorkel

I'm sure you guys saw the multiple watercraft checking stations out here in the west. Montana had a bunch of them. Mostly they are checking for Zebra Mussels, an aggressive, invasive, non-native species that can ruin a lake or waterway in short order. I was seriously temped to pull in with the Slingshot and tell them, 'I was just tooling around on Flathead Lake' and see what the reaction was. Common sense won out though. Don't mess with law enforcement until or unless they mess with you. Right @Bu11sh1t?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)