COILOVER preference

• Anyone have the QA1 triple adjustable? Just a quick look and they seem to be infinitely more adjustable than the JRI grand touring. I may not need all the QA1’s can do but to have and not need is better than to want and not have. Thoughts?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I'm very happy with my QA-1s. They're the double adjustable though. One thing I really like is the springs are readily available online for pretty cheap. I had a 350lb spring on the back but it was a bit stiff so I bought a 300lb spring and the ride is much more enjoyable.

• My QA1's are the dual adjustable ones also. I've got over 20,000 miles on them, and love them! There are things on the SS that can be changed to make the overall SS experience better by huge amounts.... and shocks are one of those things! I put the adjuster knob at the top on the fronts, and at the bottom on the back. I can dial it up or down in seconds for better ride or more sporty response.

Plus, when I took off my old stock shocks, the fronts were nearly 1/2" different in lengths! They both were failing, and only had maybe 15k on them at most.

• Plus, when I took off my old stock shocks, the fronts were nearly 1/2" different in lengths! They both were failing, and only had maybe 15k on them at most.

I believe mine are close to this as well at 17,000 miles. Wife and I took a corner this weekend and not all that hard and I heard somethings scrape. Have a rather long trip coming up and I believe this will be first on my list when we get back. Wish I had done this prior .....

Thank you everyone for the great input as usual 🙂

• SoCal I have the JRI Grand Touring and they are a huge improvement over stock. I decided I'm probably not the type to change shock settings on a regular basis and these would handle 90% of my driving situations. Part of this decision was cost as I didn't 'plan' on replacing the shocks. I don't regret the decision but might look at the adjustables if I was making the decision today as there are more options near the price of the GTs. If you're a 'set it and forget it' guy, the GTs are an excellent option.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• SoCal I have the JRI Grand Touring and they are a huge improvement over stock. I decided I'm probably not the type to change shock settings on a regular basis and these would handle 90% of my driving situations. Part of this decision was cost as I didn't 'plan' on replacing the shocks. I don't regret the decision but might look at the adjustables if I was making the decision today as there are more options near the price of the GTs. If you're a 'set it and forget it' guy, the GTs are an excellent option.

I kind of am a set it and forget it person however just like the motorcycle I pump up the shocks when touring and carrying extra weight. The two are the same price so I think unless I hear any bad things about the QA1's I will most likely go with them. Added bonus - springs come in colors - not just red. :)

• Look at the DDM version http://www.ddmworks.com/DDMWor…aris-Slingshot_p_823.html

I replaced my QA1 with these and it is a much better ride in my opinion

Hummm.... Less expensive and three way... (miss tripod) In what way do you think they are superior? To change out from one to the other is, to me, a large expense you incurred. You must have had a serious issue with the others I assume. Do tell!

• Hummm.... Less expensive and three way... (miss tripod) In what way do you think they are superior? To change out from one to the other is, to me, a large expense you incurred. You must have had a serious issue with the others I assume. Do tell!

These were designed specifically for the Slingshot by Dave@DDMWorks - he can give you a lot more detail.

I have tried Billstein and QA1 both were very good but the DDM were the best ride both on and off the track by far. My driving style is lets say aggressive and they work best for me.

The price is right and the quality is there - backed by DDM

Reach out to Dave for more info

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Just got off the phone with him - thanks for the info - when we get back this is top of my list - appreciated!

Hey Bob

When I was looking at coil overs I did some research and talked to people here about the differences between the different offerings and one thing that seemed to set some coil overs apart from others was mono tube design vs twin tube. I was told that the mono tube design cost a bit more but is superior because it allows for larger oil capacity that dissipates heat better and gives more consistent performance when being pushed, because of this I decided on going with JRI's and their mono tube design.

Having narrowed it down to JRI the choice was then which one? did I want to go top of the line and have the full adjust ability of the three way adjustable or the performance clickers or did I want to save some money and go with a pre-set where the tuning had already been done for me

I must admit that a side of me liked the idea of being able to set it up for track days and then changing it for the long mountain roads, but I knew the reality would be that I may never do a track day, and my OCD would probably have me always questioning if I had them set the best they could be so I decided to let the experts do the tuning for me so that it would be one less thing for me to be questioning - - that left only one decision - did I want the Sport shock or the Grand Touring - - after talking with a very helpful person at JRI I decided to go with the GT. lets face it, I am not a race driver and 90 or more percent of my time in the sling is casual cruising so ride comfort is really more important than a bit sportier tune also the person I talked to assured me that even with the GT the handling would still be much better than stock - In the end I am very happy with my choice. The JRI's cost a bit more and are less adjustable, but I feel like they are a top quality product, and I love the way they ride, much more comfortable than stock and they actually also do handle much better than stock - - best mods I have made were the GT's and then adding my sway bar - - - Highly recommended

Like I have told you Bob - - come on down and we can take my sling for a spin, I will let you drive it on all of the bad roads I know of so that you can get a feel for the GT's - - - its always better to try before you buy :thumbsup:

As a side note - it didnt hurt my decision that by default the JRI's all come with red springs that match my SL so I didnt have to pay extra :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited 3 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• I kind of am a set it and forget it person however just like the motorcycle I pump up the shocks when touring and carrying extra weight. The two are the same price so I think unless I hear any bad things about the QA1's I will most likely go with them. Added bonus - springs come in colors - not just red. :)

I had the QA-1's first and I would run them on the low setting (2 or 3) when I go to the hills i would run them somewhere around 8. 12 was the total clicks

• Like I have told you Bob - - come on down and we can take my sling for a spin, I will let you drive it on all of the bad roads I know of so that you can get a feel for the GT's - - - its always better to try before you buy :thumbsup:

As a side note - it

hurt my decision that by default the JRI's all come with red springs that match my SL so I didnt have to pay extra :)

At this rate it looks like the April meet up at Pala is the ticket! Unless you find yourself down this way and if so CALL!

• At this rate it looks like the April meet up at Pala is the ticket! Unless you find yourself down this way and if so CALL!

Sara and I will be there, probably just for the day on Saturday the 6th, but if not sooner we will see you then.

• As to the coil overs it is good that you are talking to Dave, he is a straight shooter and considering that DDM sells both their own and the JRI's I am sure he will steer you in a good direction