Slingshot Rear End Visibility

• At night in the dark....every vehicle in front of me is only made visible by the tail lights.

Lately for some reason I’ve seen many cars without their tail lights on at night. They are almost invisible until you get very close to them. Even seen cars without any lights coming toward me.... pretty scary when they are going 50-60 MPH.

• At night in the dark....every vehicle in front of me is only made visible by the tail lights.

Lately for some reason I’ve seen many cars without their tail lights on at night. They are almost invisible until you get very close to them. Even seen cars without any lights coming toward me.... pretty scary when they are going 50-60 MPH.

Iv'e seen that too...There are still some cars that don't have automatic lights....But their dashboard is lit like a Christmas tree so the nimrod doesn't even know/realize their headlights aren't on..=O

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• SlingLow

Where did you get that rear cover plate. And does it come in lyme squeeze?

As EjFord said, I make these in gloss black, flat black, red pearl, orange madness, and clear coated aluminum. I've done a few white on special order. I don't do lyme squeeze or most of the limited edition colors as there just aren't enough units out there to justify production. I do sell unfinished plates to those that want to paint or powder coat their own in specialty colors.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• how much for clear coated alum and unfinished?

$75 for clear and $65 unfinished including shipping. The clear coated ones I have right now are a satin finish to look more like stainless. The one in MiM's photo above is a high gloss clear and is shinier than the satin. You can find more info and pics here:

Rear Protection Anyone?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have never considered the rear end visibility to be bad. For example, HeRSling and I have ridden 4 hrs to OKC in ea of our Slings several times and at least 2 hours of the ride are in the dark. She usually uses the Pike Pass and I will make the two stops at toll booths. I could easily spot here about a mile ahead of me, with or without traffic.

Front visibility (with only factory lights) is another thing. The SS is lower than most other vehicles and the lower profile is harder to see coming at you. That’s why we added led strips on the fronts of each.

Just my opinion and I’ve been riding since 12/14, led and followed lots of rides, and have ridden ALMOST 70,000 miles.

• "Look at me!" implies aftermarket parts are bought fulfilling an individual's attention seeking needs.

So do you drive a Slingshot? :/

Does it look like everyone elses or did you customize? ?(

if we REALLY wanted to show off, I would tell you that we walked in and handed the dealership a cashiers check and paid in full for a slingshot 3 months before we ever saw a slingshot in person, but who needs that kind of attention?? We just have to drive the slingshot! Modified or not, the slingshot gets attention. Ironic huh? if you drive one... your a #2

Just a friendly reminder: :thumbsup:

We should treat everyone with respect. If you see something on someone elses slingshot that you don't particularly care for, then don't buy it. Some people like brussel sprouts - some people don't. I won't fault anyone for not having the same tastes in customizations. I also won't disrespect others when I see pictures or ideas of what others have done to their slingshots... though I will ask my husband if he has seen the pics of that gaudy thing! 8o

If you contribute - make it useful. 8)

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I know not everyone wants the fast gray ones like mine...some people like to leave vehicles stock. My buddy has a ‘68-9 GTO...with 13,000 miles on it. CompleteLy stock. Still has the origional battery and tires...it’s classified as a survivor. $60-70,000 range. Been in the garage the whole time.

So that begs the question....are the SLingshots worth more stock or customized?

• I don't see the relevance Bigdog - Your friends is a rare gem - a diamond... a once in a lifetime Haley's Comet....

The Slingshot depreciates at the same rate or quicker than the standard family minivan. Though an awesome ride - it cannot compare to THE JUDGE... any year model. That car is the John Wayne of muscle cars... its a legend, actually classified as an antique... and we know to keep our hands deep in our pockets and our kiddos in the cars when we visit the antique store don't we?

Our slingshots will not be worth more than they cost stock, or customized at any rate as a trade in, or FSBO sign in the front yard.

Stock is fine. we liked ours stock... we realized we wanted to personalize it after we went to maggie valley in 2016 and everybody drove a fast red one... harley riders customize, honda riders customize, so do sling riders. if you own a sling- bone stock or customized - like it or not your in the "look at me" group of people.

:thumbsup:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• When we bought ours the person we bought it from said this is the closest you’ll ever come to being a rockstar. Took it in stride and never really understood it until we started driving around ....she was right 😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• yes, sometimes... I just want to ride, and we get held up. Been followed, and politely forced to pull over, stopped by the looky loo policemen, nearly crashed into from stares... sometimes... I wish I had tinted windows... ha.. j/k