Raising the SS

• Floor jack and jack stands have worked for everything I have needed - although I have not lifted more than one end at time so far

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I didn't like what I felt was a too-steep approach angle on some of the ramps I saw, so I made my own using 2x4s & 2x10s. See attached PDF. I don't use the ramps as much anymore and use a floor-jack to lift the Slingshot to place jack-stands if working on the wheels. The tire blocks give a little more clearance underneath since they're under the wheels instead of the frame and are less likely to tip than jack-stands due to their wide bases. Additional 2x4 layers can be added to the wheel blocks for additional clearance, assuming you can lift the Slingshot high enough to get the blocks under the wheels. Commercial products can be cheaper when you consider your labor and materials costs, but I enjoyed thinking about and making the ramps and blocks.

WoodRamps+WhlBlocks.pdf

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I didn't like what I felt was a too-steep approach angle on some of the ramps I saw, so I made my own using 2x4s & 2x10s. See attached PDF. I don't use the ramps as much anymore and use a floor-jack to lift the Slingshot to place jack-stands if working on the wheels. The tire blocks give a little more clearance underneath since they're under the wheels instead of the frame and are less likely to tip than jack-stands due to their wide bases. Additional 2x4 layers can be added to the wheel blocks for additional clearance, assuming you can lift the Slingshot high enough to get the blocks under the wheels. Commercial products can be cheaper when you consider your labor and materials costs, but I enjoyed thinking about and making the ramps and blocks.

WoodRamps+WhlBlocks.pdf

That is great work BKL

• That’s allot of lift for a slingshot.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I have other vehicles as well.... F150, Chrysler Pacifica.... Figured it had to be scalable!

I figured as much, my neighbor used to have one of those worked great lifting my F150, unfortunately I no longer have the truck and the neighbor moved and took the lift with him

;(

• I bit the bullet and committed to a 9,000 LB two post lift for my shop today... Ah the Sling is making me spend money!!! LOL

They install it on this coming Monday!

I have bought as of late some more metric sockets and a special oil filter tool...... it seems my SS commitment is SERIOUSLY lacking. A 9000 pound lift - really! How do you complete with that?? (Jealous)

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I have bought as of late some more metric sockets and a special oil filter tool...... it seems my SS commitment is SERIOUSLY lacking. A 9000 pound lift - really! How do you complete with that?? (Jealous)

How to compete is to install a 10,000 due to driving 3/4 ton diesels. After having a hoist I don't know what I would do without it. Just to clean it even is so much easier to lift it and get at the bottom areas without bending and getting down.

• How to compete is to install a 10,000 due to driving 3/4 ton diesels. After having a hoist I don't know what I would do without it. Just to clean it even is so much easier to lift it and get at the bottom areas without bending and getting down.

...man I love my quick jack but that right there , would have me working on vehicles even if they weren't issues, just because of having that lift, love it

• I would love a nice lift like these, but I just dont have any place where I could install something permanent