Wannagofast.com 1/2 mile shootout in Ocala FL (Sat, Jan 20th 2018, 7:00am - Sun, Jan 21st 2018, 7:00pm)

Date

Wannagofast.com 1/2 mile shootout in Ocala FL

Sat, Jan 20th 2018, 7:00 am - Sun, Jan 21st 2018, 7:00 pm

1201 NE 77th St, Ocala, FL 34479, USA

Participants

0 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Jan 20th 2018, 7:00 am
  • I decided that I would just say congratulations to StickerDick. I had a long post above @Orangeman that I reread and decided it wasn't as nice as It should have been. I do want Mark to enjoy the win.

I will just have to wait till I can run on another 1/2 mile strip.

Still can't believe you let that Honda beat you. *hangs head in shame*

• I also need to thank @Slingrazor for All of his help with the lower wing and those really nice and tasty side panel fillers! Those puppies held on with no issues! Thanks Again there Mr. SlingRazor

Where can I find those Inserts?!?! @Slingrazor are you making these? How much? TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• @Ghost I'm not sure who you were watching.... I staged everytime and waited for the others to stage... I don't think Robert goes to the track much.... He pulled into the staging lane without being told to... So he just needs to have some practice. And of course this venue was not drag racing... It was closer to land speed racing. In that you don't worry about a light.... It is just a point A to point B run for top speed. So I looked at it as a run to see who could get the highest top speed. As a spectator.... It might not have been your cup of tea. And as far as Dave was not racing or @rabtech was not fully prepared.... I call BS! They both knew what the event was and they were both gonna be just as quick to claim they beat the "Lawn Mower" as I have been to claim victory..... So I'd say until you pull out and line up with me.....while I can appreciate you have an opinion, but it doesn't sound like anything but another excuse to dismiss me and my work on my machine..... So after three days of talking about it I'm done......bye

THANK YOU

• @Ghost I'm not sure who you were watching.... I staged everytime and waited for the others to stage... I don't think Robert goes to the track much.... He pulled into the staging lane without being told to... So he just needs to have some practice. And of course this venue was not drag racing... It was closer to land speed racing. In that you don't worry about a light.... It is just a point A to point B run for top speed. So I looked at it as a run to see who could get the highest top speed. As a spectator.... It might not have been your cup of tea. And as far as Dave was not racing or @rabtech was not fully prepared.... I call BS! They both knew what the event was and they were both gonna be just as quick to claim they beat the "Lawn Mower" as I have been to claim victory..... So I'd say until you pull out and line up with me.....while I can appreciate you have an opinion, but it doesn't sound like anything but another excuse to dismiss me and my work on my machine..... So after three days of talking about it I'm done......bye

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• If nothing else.... I think we three proved that all of you who keep posting about how your Stock slingshot has gone 130, 140mph or higher.... You are full of B.S.! When three Slings as highly modified as these three are struggled for up to two days ( rabtech was there for two days), to get to 130+ mph..... it is seriously doubtful that a stock slingshot is ever gonna go 130mph. Now.... Mike DROP! I'm out! Again!

• If nothing else.... I think we three proved that all of you who keep posting about how your Stock slingshot has gone 130, 140mph or higher.... You are full of B.S.! When three Slings as highly modified as these three are struggled for up to two days ( rabtech was there for two days), to get to 130+ mph..... it is seriously doubtful that a stock slingshot is ever gonna go 130mph. Now.... Mike DROP! I'm out! Again!

It's not impossible but they sure didn't do it in a half mile as you did and I'd even venture to say that they didn't do it on level ground. Hmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the term "terminal velocity" comes to mind!

On another note wouldn't you love to have the use of a wind tunnel for a day just to be able to try different wind screens, tops, etc and to add and subtract parts to see what really made a difference and what didn't. It would also be great to see just how the air travels over around and through each area of the SS. I would be interested to see what the air is doing under the hood, through the trans tunnel, in the cockpit, and behind the SS.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

Specs from Polaris...it might be true with continuous acceleration beyond a half mile and many of the n/a crowd have some favorable mods. Would be nice if we could get one of the 1/2 mile race sponsors to get an airport close to Maggie Valley for 1/2 mile runs..Could put this to bed.
    There are 2 non tower airports (GKT and Macon County) that are long enough and close enough.

2015 Polaris Slingshot SL LE Specifications

• On Sale: Now
    • Price: $21,995/$25,995 base/as tested (est)
    • Engine: 2.4L DOHC 16-valve I-4/173 hp @ 6,200 rpm, 166 lb-ft @ 4,700 rpm
    • Transmission: 5-speed manual
    • Layout: 0-door, 2-passenger, front-engine, RWD reverse trike
    • EPA Mileage: N/A
    • Suspension F/R: Control arms, coil springs/swingarm, coil spring
    • Brakes F/R: Vented discs
    • Tires F/R: 225/45R-18 / 255/35R-20 Kenda Slingshot 799
    • L x W x H: 149.6 x 77.6 x 51.9 in
    • Wheelbase: 105.0 in
    • Headroom: N/A
    • Legroom: N/A
    • Shoulder Room: N/A
    • Cargo Room: 2.9 cu ft
    • Towing: N/A
    • Weight: 1,743 lb
    • Weight Dist. F/R: 65/35%
    • 0-60 mph:

• 5.8 sec
    • 1/4-Mile: 14.6 sec @ 95 mph
    • Top Speed: 130 mph

It'll do 130 and then some. Just need alot more than a 1/2 mile of real-estate. That's why I mentioned the 1 mile runs. With as much power as you guys are running it would be interesting to see how far you guys can take these things with the extra 1/2 mile ;)

• With or without al the Banter and Bull spit , this was an absolute blast. Also the hard work put in by all three Slingshot owners and there support is Greatly appreciated @rabtech, @Dave@DDMWorks and @StickerDick along with the support for and with each worked very hard for the Information and Entertainment of all of us .
    Many dollars were spent along with many hrs of R & D .
    Everyone won some type of measured portion of this event sometime thru Saturday and / or Sunday. ALL THREE WERE THE THREE FASTEST IN TIME AND MPH FOR SLINGSHOTS OF THIS WHOLE EVENT !!!!
    Thanks again to all involved and look forward to seeing all of you in the near future .
    Maybe even back in Ocala in October ?

• I was curious about the speedometer being accurate. Since my transmission is now different i can't tell for sure if it's all slingshots or just mine. But my speedometer was showing 1 needle shy of the 140 mark at the end of the 1/2 mile. I really paid attention on a few runs and it just liked a needle width to be pointing at the 140 speed. They had it at 129.4 so there is about 10mph difference in the two. I know they are dead on correct. So has anyone noticed this?
    Has anyone else checked theirs against some sort of GPS when over 100mph?

It's not much of an issue up to 80 or 90mph. But it would start being off above that.

• I was curious about the speedometer being accurate. Since my transmission is now different i can't tell for sure if it's all slingshots or just mine. But my speedometer was showing 1 needle shy of the 140 mark at the end of the 1/2 mile. I really paid attention on a few runs and it just liked a needle width to be pointing at the 140 speed. They had it at 129.4 so there is about 10mph difference in the two. I know they are dead on correct. So has anyone noticed this?
    Has anyone else checked theirs against some sort of GPS when over 100mph?

It's not much of an issue up to 80 or 90mph. But it would start being off above that.

I have, the faster I go, the further off it is. When my Speedo says 90, I'm doing about 86 or so. At 120, I'm doing 114 on GPS, at 130, I'm doing 124-125, at 142 ish (or the needle past the 140) GPS is reading 133-134. I'm redlining at that point. Fastest I've been on the speedo is 152, but I didn't dare look at the GPS. I had a kung-fu Grip on the wheel and I was not looking anywhere other than straight down the road. And yes @Tripod, that was without a headwind and probably a slight tailwind :P . I usually back off as the needle is passing 140. Takes Wayyy more than a 1/2 mile to do that though.