80 MPH top speed

• I once volunteered for a medical study. It was a new birth control pill for men - it was a huge pill that you put in your shoe & it would make you limp...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I once volunteered for a medical study. It was a new birth control pill for men - it was a huge pill that you put in your shoe & it would make you limp...

Must have worked well, you never got pregnant. A little surprising that it never went to market.... some one here would have bought stock.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Also just found out...Polaris recommended they change my gas pedal assembly after it failed the diagnostic tests.

Dude! Have you thought about taking your seats out and rebuilding a new Slingshot around them? It's like they put every shitty part on one (your) machine!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• More of the conversation with Polaris...

they seemed pretty proud of the fact that my dealer was following all their maintenance /troubleshooting protocols to diagnose my problem. He seemed pretty impressed with everything and the way the dealer is handling it.

The guy on the phone told me exactly what was said and done by the dealer and Polaris reading from my case info documentation. They were very concerned with fixing the issue right the first time.

I got the impression Polaris is concerned about their reputation and the quality of their customer service and their dealers performance. And my satisfaction. They are sending an email survey so I can rate them. So far my dealer is doing great by me and I’ll put in a good word to suck up to them so it continues. I want my issues handled quickly and correctly...he even named my dealers resident slingshot mechanic.

I’m sure Polaris probably rates the dealers on their performance. So dealers have a stake in the game to accumulate the wall plaque kudos.

My dealership is family owned and operated...dad owns it, one son is GM, one the head salesman and one the service manager. They know who butters their bread.

• One more thing Polaris wanted before they approved the new gas pedal assembly

They wanted the dealer to send them pictures from under my hood to see if I did any mods to the motor

Now here is my dilemma ... my SS is a 2015 which the dealer sold to me untitled. I’m the first legal owner and he is honoring the warranty. Which means I should be good until the spring of 2019.

If I do the current mods that are here or being shipped. Will my dealer still honor my warranty ...

I think I have a fantastic situation right now because the warranties are expired on all the other 2015s. Mine will be good technically for a total of 4 years

• Ok, I got my SS back today...now I could say lots of stuff concerning the many comments that were made...but I’m not...

That said, first of all some time ago I told you that my middle name was “Murphy’s Law” and things happen to me all the time that are first time events or things that shouldn’t/couldn’t happen...according to “experts” that are very familiar with the equipment in question...

Here is the bill for what the dealer did. Kudos to my dealer for not charging me a nickel.

Now for the fix...new starter is unrelated to the 80 mph thing...

Clock spring.. second one since I bought it...is not related to the 80 mph thing.

Next we come to the throttle pedal sensor....which is the cause of the problem...

And Polaris told them they have NEVER seen the issue I was having before. That is why they didn’t know what was causing it or how to fix it...

and that said...I don’t know if it’s a 2015 issue or an across the board issue that could affect all the years...

The mechanic told me the sensor has a rubber seal to keep water and dirt from getting into it...they said to be careful hosing down the gas pedal area. And to squirt some contact cleaner toward the seal to wash away any dirt. About once a month...maybe more if you’re in lots of dirt.

He also told me he had it going 90 and there didn’t seem to be any issues....I’ll be the judge of that but now we’re getting rain and snow coming in so it could be a while before I can drive it..

• I am happy for you!

I am sure all of your issues or now fixed. ;) I bet that dang thing will be a rocket now. Be careful on those cold slippery roads.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D