80 MPH top speed

• Thanks for the welcome Ross!

Things were looking pretty bleak in my life before I found this forum.

Looks as though I couldn't have found a better support group to help my figure out how to waste some money.

I am sure the fact that I only live about 20 minutes from Rabtech is really going to help! LOL

Seriously, I am really looking forward to participating here and glad that there are so many here willing to help a fellow SS owner figure things out. I accepted from the moment I decided to purchase one that it is a low production vehicle and not everyone has one in their garage. For me that's half the allure of it. It's different, it's fun, and with a little help from you guys and gals it can be fast! What more could one ask for!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I don’t understand why it didn’t gradually gain speed, like I would expect any vehicle to do, without down shifting...even if you shift from third to fifth when you’re not quite going fast enough it slowing goes faster.

The difference between running forth gear and fifth, fifth is about 500 RPMS lower...which should translate into less gas consumption overall.

I’m running 25.5 MPG now...up from 22 when I first brought it home.

Hey @Bigdog, not sure why your gas consumption is low, I have a stock 2016 except for a DDM Works Cold Air and A Welter Rear exhaust and I get between 28-29 MPG, and let me tell you I run the crap out of mine. I ask some questions in here as to the low gas mileage.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• "OK guys what does feel like at 135mph on a SS?"

I haven't received my SS yet but I hope it feels as though it's almost time to shift from 3rd to 4th!

@TR Ganey welcome to the family. Greatest bunch of people I have ever meet are in here. Word of advice, DON'T try to keep up with the Jones. All the mods look awesome but before rushing out and buying something either search for it on here or ask about it, others might have opions about the product or might point you to other places where you can find something very similar, cheaper.

@TR Ganey if your looking to go 135mph I would really consider having the hood pins installed to keep front fender flap down to a minimum

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Hey @Bigdog, not sure why your gas consumption is low, I have a stock 2016 except for a DDM Works Cold Air and A Welter Rear exhaust and I get between 28-29 MPG, and let me tell you I run the crap out of mine. I ask some questions in here as to the low gas mileage.

I the last 10k miles with my SC installed. I am getting an average of 28.94mpg. I have had a tank that was over 30mpg.

• I track my fun runs on the SS, i have quite of bit of detail, i can accurately say that removing the stock intake and changing the exhaust have improved the MPG while allegedly improving hp.

here is the link to the full data if someone would like to see it.

Neo's MPG data

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Holy Crap!! I do good to remember to put in premium gas ;(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Once I found out what the gas mileage was after each change I quit even checking

• I track MPG since that is a good indicator of how the engine is running, also wanted to see the difference as i mod the sling and also check if there is a point to ethanol free gas as some were indicating in a thread back in feb.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I do check the average mpg, like every time I go to Maggie Valley. That is usually 1,500 to 2,000 miles round trip according to how long that I will be gone. Stock I was getting 29+ with the cat delete and the CAI it was 34 . Then I did the Welter Duals and Bob's tune in the same week and it dropped back to 29 go figure, even Bob does not have an answer for that one.

• I can only please one person at a time. Today doesn't look good for you and I'm all booked up tomorrow as well. Take number and I will get in touch with you when it's your turn.

RNJ12

That's the way I run my business --- one job at a time and then only listen to the Lady of the house.

• I track MPG since that is a good indicator of how the engine is running, also wanted to see the difference as i mod the sling and also check if there is a point to ethanol free gas as some were indicating in a thread back in feb.

Neo now this is amazing, truly detailed. I track my trips buy the look on Mrs. Nemesis face when i get home.

• "OK guys what does feel like at 135mph on a SS?"

@Nemesis1701 it feels fantastic! At least the speedo said 135. May not have really been going that fast since the speedo could be off some but it still felt fantastic!!!

Can't do it again until this I get another ticket off my record. ;(

On a NA it takes forever to reach the 135mph mark by then I've reached the end of the road.

• I asked a mechanic about this he seems to think it’s computer related and it might be going into what they call the “limp home” mode. Meaning it knows there is a problem and it will still function enough to get you home....I’ve personally never heard that expression before.

It’s in the shop now and they will work on it monday...I’ve told them everything that’s been suggested by everyone to throw some mud on the wall to see what sticks.

My 3rd & 4th gear are amazing....