2018 Slingshot Calendar (official thread)

• To be honest, I was pretending not to read your previous response and was going to make sure it got sent out to you regardless.
    I had one of those days today .... you know the kind you bust your hump and do everything right but BAM right at the end somebody else does something wrong (stupid stuff that makes you wonder how did you you get your pants on right today) and everyone wants to know how you could let that happen. So how is that someone didn't return my bosses call -- how the F*CK would I know. we ain't doing brainage surgery and we ain't putting a man on mars at my office and I sure the hell don't know why someone in another state not employed by this company didn't pick up the phone. Well you get the point - I figured my day must have been like yours and that you needed to let out some steam.

In any event - you sir I think will like the calendar ..... and if you don't I'll send you a 2017 calendar to make up for it (MiM style - you know gently used)

PS. You should start taking picture of your ride now because you won't get away with not submitting photos for the 2019 calendar

@Ross

If you have not already boxed up all the calendars for shipping you can just send the Calendar directly to @Shatneyman. And yes I still have some of that Maple syrup he gave me in Maggie Valley also.

• Permission slip from Angie needed first.... And it needs to be notarized. Not that I don't trust you, ex-counselor, but....

I just happen to have a copy of the permission slip from Angie.
    I, Angie, do here by authorize you, Heather, to bake cranberry raisin cookies in mass quantities for my husband, Bill Martin, and deliver them to his quality control agent, Trent Acord.
    Any further communication from Bill Martin will be disregarded unless it has been verified by his quality control agent from thus time forward.
    Signed
    Angie Martin

• Hey @Shatneyman, I know you don't know me but if you like taking SS apart and painting them I will donate mine for you to work on since you like taking them apart and painting them. I will drive it to wherever you live, buy the steaks and whichever libations you drink and let you paint mine. Maybe have to take it easy on the libations while painting but hey whatever. :);):D

• I just happen to have a copy of the permission slip from Angie.
    I, Angie, do here by authorize you, Heather, to bake cranberry raisin cookies in mass quantities for my husband, Bill Martin, and deliver them to his quality control agent, Trent Acord.
    Any further communication from Bill Martin will be disregarded unless it has been verified by his quality control agent from thus time forward.
    Signed
    Angie Martin

OMG!!! LMAO :thumbsup::00008356:

Hey @Shatneyman, I know you don't know me but if you like taking SS apart and painting them I will donate mine for you to work on since you like taking them apart and painting them. I will drive it to wherever you live, buy the steaks and whichever libations you drink and let you paint mine. Maybe have to take it easy on the libations while painting but hey whatever. :);):D

Well sir, the steaks and drinks sound great, but my painting ability is substandard. I could never paint another sling. This would be the third time I've ever painted a vehicle. @Painter put the "destructions" on-line and I said, what the heck, I want to try this painting stuff. Bought my first spray gun about 2 years ago, my first airbrush about 1 1/2 years ago.If you ever see mine, you would understand. You might even give me a sympathy compliment and say,.. that looks,....nice! :00008084: I sir, am no Painter or even close. But thanks for the vote of confidence. :thumbsup:

• @Shatneyman wrote, You might even give me a sympathy compliment and say,.. that looks,....nice! I sir, am no Painter or even close. But thanks for the vote of confidence

Your sling looks...nice :P . Man, anything would be an improvement over what I can do. Actually it is fun working on something when you have somebody to share the experience with, especially when one of you is not sure what they are doing (referring to myself Shatneyman). Makes me nervous thinking about trying to take all the body panels off. LMAO Seriously, I think you probably do a pretty good job, we are always our own worst critics. All in fun sir. ^^

• Hey @Shatneyman, I know you don't know me but if you like taking SS apart and painting them I will donate mine for you to work on since you like taking them apart and painting them. I will drive it to wherever you live, buy the steaks and whichever libations you drink and let you paint mine. Maybe have to take it easy on the libations while painting but hey whatever. :);):D

Hey, when he get's done with all of this painting the SS is going to weigh 500 pounds more so it will not be as fast as it was before.

• @Shatneyman wrote, You might even give me a sympathy compliment and say,.. that looks,....nice! I sir, am no Painter or even close. But thanks for the vote of confidence

Your sling looks...nice :P . Man, anything would be an improvement over what I can do. Actually it is fun working on something when you have somebody to share the experience with, especially when one of you is not sure what they are doing (referring to myself Shatneyman). Makes me nervous thinking about trying to take all the body panels off. LMAO Seriously, I think you probably do a pretty good job, we are always our own worst critics. All in fun sir. ^^

@exharleyrider , you have eloquently summed up the beauty of the Forum. Shatneyman is no “Painter” and I’m no “Shatneyman” but as I have stated many times to no avail, I would be proud to have a piece of his art on my own ride.

The real beauty of modifications is the community effort that goes into them and not necessarily the result. Our rides are extensions of ourselves and, for me, the ones I’m most proud to show off are those done or gifted by Forum friends!

Shat’s Sling is one of the most gorgeous IMO because when I saw it, I saw the effort and love taken to create it by a man with a vision. ( I’m still too scared to cut my damn hood!)

Look around this place chocked full of ideas and talent and you will discover love affairs between Members and their Slingshots. Many here (including the “Shat Man”) have taken those ideas and turned them into reality.

For some (ie: @EjFord ) his vision is having the most fun and miles and creating smiles during those miles. For others (ie: @Slingrazor ) it’s taking a machine to a whole new level of greatness— sharing and inventing all along the way.

Anyone can install a purchased, packaged “mod” but the very best “mods” are installed by groups of friends telling tales and giving of themselves!

• What makes this forum great is we have a large diverse group of SS riders who love what it has done for all of us. Far more than a ride down the street, a paint job, a mod, or whatever we can dream up doing. It has and continues to bring friends closer together and has given many of us friendships we cannot live without. It is unique, and I cherish every moment.

Like @Painter once saidto me. It is not about the person who does it, it is about what it does to and for the person. A prime example of this is when he and I painted our tow dollies together. I kid you not. It was some of the most fun I have had in a while and great therapy for me!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• For those of you that ordered - PLEASE be VERY careful when you pull your calendar out of the box - I went with an extra long spiral and it's a tight fit so make sure that spiral isn't caught on a corner as it will rip the calendar if you pull it out and it is caught