How to quit smoking

• I had acupuncture to help me quite in 1986...after 30yrs and 4 packs of Winston a day --- wasn't easy for a guy who had quite drinking 2 yrs before and sometimes I do want a drink for the right hand and a cig for the left....just put thumbs in mouth and bight real hard as I scream.

• Can't see myself fondling those all day... ;(

actually I was thinking more like this
    But it you like the kind you posted - knock yourself out :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Huh, touchy subject. Here are my observations.

I busted my face in a bad accident a more than few years back, and knocked out 5 teeth. Oral surgeon suggested that if I stopped smoking, the bone in my jaw would grow back to grab the teeth. I didn't quit, and the surgeon said "I told you so". Still have a mouth full of wires.

Lots of people quit smoking cold turkey, but it didn't work for me. I vaped for over 3 years, quit, went back to vapes, quit, and am currently back on the stinkies. Wife completely not happy, but at least I am not an asshole all day long.

Vaping, as noted earlier in this thread, is not like smoking. You have to adjust, but it can be done. Going to a vape shop is excellent advice. Success depends on finding the right atomizer, the right juice with the right flavor, and the right nicotine level. Do not fear girlie flavors like menthol and freckled lemonade. Tobacco flavored juice is very suggested of cat piss. Open your mind a bit.

Start on the high side with nicotine, and slowly work your way down. I was down to zero nic for a while, but found myself vaping constantly.

If you can't quit outright, vaping is much, much, less bad. Not good, mind you, but much less bad. You will feel much better in short order, and if you mail order juice, you will save a truckload of money.

• Do any of you remember the gentleman that had his hand sewed back on years ago? The doctors told he they would not even attempt the surgery unless he quit smoking, so he agreed and they replaced his hand. Some time passed and he was doing good with the surgery (I do not remember the time frame on this) I will just say some time after he decided to start smoking again. So he lost the hand because of lack of blood circulation because of the smoking.

• I think his name was Jack Handy. Used to be a pilot but now he is a handy man. His friend was always know as his left hand man, mainly cause the right one fell off.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I would like to add one thing. Before I quit I tried several times and failed. The Dr. told me to quit, I failed, My wife want us to quit I failed. The list of failures goes on and the one thing that was different when I finally got it right was that the time when I was successful I quit because I really wanted to quit

If deep down you dont really want to quit for yourself and not because someone else wants it you will fall back and fail

You have to in your own mind really want it and if you do then it will stick

As a little motivation, think of all the mods you can buy with the money you will save? take whatever you would spend each week on smokes and set it aside and then when it has grown reward yourself with mods

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I just bought PRP seats with my savings!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• I just got back from the neurosurgeon. Apparently I have to get four of my vertebrae fused, but I have to quit smoking first before they'll do the surgery. I've tried 4-5 times in the past 20yrs, and I keep coming back to smoking. I've used chantex, or however you say it, the patch, but the adhesive gives me a rash, and here I am smoking 2 packs a day. I also have to get my left shoulder replaced, but the VA is going to do that, and they don't give a rat's ads if I smoke or NOT.
    Anyways, do any of you have a sure fire way ,for someone with no will power, to quit smoking?

Just checking to see if you have quit smoking and if so how the surgery is going.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• 6 heart attacks so far. Open heart surgery at 47. Cold turkey for about a year. Hardest thing was to stay quit. Picked up vaporizer Cig. Went from high nicotine to low then stopped. It's the routine of the damn things that get you after you get rid of the nicotine addiction. A few things to consider... get rid of all ashtrays and lighters. Chew gum while driving. Not the nicotine type. Stay out of the bars for a while and monitor alcohol if you drink. Tell friends you are quitting and ask for their help. It's a bitch but worth it. Tell yourself with all the money you are saving you can get more bling for your Sshot. Do you have a spouse that smokes?

• 6 heart attacks so far. Open heart surgery at 47. Cold turkey for about a year. Hardest thing was to stay quit. Picked up vaporizer Cig. Went from high nicotine to low then stopped. It's the routine of the damn things that get you after you get rid of the nicotine addiction. A few things to consider... get rid of all ashtrays and lighters. Chew gum while driving. Not the nicotine type. Stay out of the bars for a while and monitor alcohol if you drink. Tell friends you are quitting and ask for their help. It's a bitch but worth it. Tell yourself with all the money you are saving you can get more bling for your Sshot. Do you have a spouse that smokes?

I would agree with the money savings! I also agree staying quit is the hardest thing to do, but worth it. One of the worst things I did was convince myself after 3-4 years of quitting that I could have one and handle it. Well that didn't work and was back at it in no time. Finally quit and will never pick one up again. You could still smoke, but just use a left hander :-). You are going to have to replace the physical addiction with something for a while. Gum, Food, Cig vap, or whatever.

So after saving $150 a month from smoking and paying off the best set of tits the doctor could order. We rewarded ourselves with a 2017 slingshot

• I would agree with the money savings! I also agree staying quit is the hardest thing to do, but worth it. One of the worst things I did was convince myself after 3-4 years of quitting that I could have one and handle it. Well that didn't work and was back at it in no time. Finally quit and will never pick one up again. You could still smoke, but just use a left hander :-). You are going to have to replace the physical addiction with something for a while. Gum, Food, Cig vap, or whatever.
    So after saving $150 a month from smoking and paying off the best set of tits the doctor could order. We rewarded ourselves with a 2017 slingshot

Welcome to the forum. Some on here would say..... Pics or it didn't happen. :POKESS:

• I'm coming up on 2 years now.
    Over the years I tried the gum, patches, vaping, all sucked, nothing worked. Closest was the gum, but it's still giving you nicotine which means your still addicted.

Got a prescription from my Dr. for chantix, started reading the side effects. Some of which don't go away when you stop taking the drug. The hell with that!

So I just decided to stop at 11am, made it to 12, 1 hour, then 1.5 hours then 2 hours, got the urge and just kept going. I used altoid mints, and just popped a mint whenever I wanted a cig.

I"m 50 started smoking around 14 or 15. I will say that my mood since quiting is not as easy going as it was. In researching it, smoking tends to enhance your dopamine levels and makes you feel better. So now I wonder if my mood is now normal or was it normal when I was smoking.... hmm anyway

I've discussed it with my Dr. and was told they could give me something. But I don't like drugs of any kind. So I feel great that I quit smoking but I'm more moody then I was when I smoked.

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• Like I posted before. Quitting is EASY! I did it lots of times. Truthfully, you need to WANT to QUIT before you'll be successful in quitting smoking. Before I finally quit several years ago, I was trying to quit to please others, but couldn't do so successfully until I really wanted to quit. Even now, when placed in situations where I used to smoke (like at a bar or talking to a woman who smokes) I still get an occasional urge for a cigarette, so it still requires some day-to-day will-power.

Edited once, last by BKL ().