Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I have always loved the second amendment and have numerous long guns and pistols. If I thought that turning them all in would forever stop school massacres I would do it in a heartbeat!! Sadly we all know it’s not the gun but the lunatic firing it. Our culture is sick and growing sicker - how can you stop deranged people from bad acts ??? Nobody knows…

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Crazy world...3 week old Great Grandson needs formula and my Grandson wants me (he's a 28 year old 'LEO') wants me to pick up some Bush Apple flavored beer that he can't get in WI. We did find one can of formula so the little one will eat for another week. Maybe I'll look for a little beer.

• I have always loved the second amendment and have numerous long guns and pistols. If I thought that turning them all in would forever stop school massacres I would do it in a heartbeat!! Sadly we all know it’s not the gun but the lunatic firing it. Our culture is sick and growing sicker - how can you stop deranged people from bad acts ??? Nobody knows…

Exactly what I was thinking. I like the protection my guns provide for my home, but I would give them up in a heartbeat if it were a guaranteed fix to all future mass shootings - - but as you point out, my guns and the guns of the vast majority of legal gun owners are not the problem and will never be used in a mass shooting anyway - - and those who would commit a mass killing have no problem breaking the law to get a gun or whatever else it is they need.

As I am sure many of us know one of the biggest mass killings in this country, 168 dead and over 680 injured didn't involve a single shot being fired - all it needed was some fertilizer and fuel oil which at the time were easier to get than any gun - Oklahoma City bombing

seriously if you want to kill the largest number of people in the fastest and easiest way guns would be way down the list I would think - - and in todays world with all of the knowledge of the world a key stroke away its pretty easy for a sick person to find just what they need.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Boy I hope not but I don’t think you’re wrong. There really is only one question to ask. None of this was going on when I was a kid - what changed? I have some very good ideas on this but I think we all know.

Values, manners, respect, a good switch or a wooden spoon run under the water tap, somehow all got left in the dust.

If I sass or talk back to my parents I knew immediately the consequences. Today people melt if someone uses the wrong pronoun. Talk about a bunch of hothouse flowers.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• When I was a kid we rode our bikes, had apple and water balloon battles. We played kick-the-can, wiffle ball, tag. Hiked, fished, camped out in our back yards. Dirt bikes. We laughed; youth was fun. We hated to be inside. Being indoors was a punishment. My granddaughter is now a young adult. Very driven and focused. Can spend Mutiple consecutive days in her room and appears comfortable doing so. She is going to be very successful I have no worries about that. But youth are very different and I'm afraid not in a good way. They don't smile, laugh or appear to be interested in what I think of as wholesome fun. Their world is consumed with machine interaction. Human interaction is accomplished through machine interface. It's going to get worse.

• When I was a kid we rode our bikes, had apple and water balloon battles. We played kick-the-can, wiffle ball, tag. Hiked, fished, camped out in our back yards. Dirt bikes. We laughed; youth was fun. We hated to be inside. Being indoors was a punishment. My granddaughter is now a young adult. Very driven and focused. Can spend Mutiple consecutive days in her room and appears comfortable doing so. She is going to be very successful I have no worries about that. But youth are very different and I'm afraid not in a good way. They don't smile, laugh or appear to be interested in what I think of as wholesome fun. Their world is consumed with machine interaction. Human interaction is accomplished through machine interface. It's going to get worse.

Apple wars???? Hell we had Corn wars in corn fields lol

• Apple wars???? Hell we had Corn wars in corn fields lol

We put on winter jackets in summer and shot each other with BB guns. We had a two pump rule and no head shots. Still have a scar between my shoulder blades where we had to dig one out. Two pumps my arse. Military brats ....... wacky-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Orangeman I was too poor to afford a BB gun. 🙃 I would take the big rubber bands off of the newspapers and cauliflower bundles, Cut up an old baseball glove and go out in the woods and hunt for that perfect Y branch and make my Slingshot. Believe it or not I still have it today as a Momento.

We would also cut a sampling and trim all the branches off of it sharpen the tip stick on a crabapple and fling those things about a mile! We used to see how many cows we could hit in the field. But most of the time it was just me, my dog, and my fishing pole and a canna worms. Andy and Mayberry had nothing on me😎

Full Circle!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Video games have a lot to do with what goes on in the minds of our children. Have any of you looked at some of the video games our children play everyday? I have, and its frighting. Just my $0.02 worth

Unwittingly I conducted an experiment with my daughter. For most of her life I was a massive gamer. An enviable setup, VGA hookups for my 16 bit systems (wasn't cheap) and had an arcade cabinet where I kept a Amiga monitor, game switchbox.

At the time she was a toddler I was a huge fighting game fan. I would put her on a stool next to me and play the various versions of Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat. Eventually she got to the point where she would see me and start kicking and punching. Had a heart to heart with the misses and I stopped playing violent games in front of her and moderated TV and movies she was exposed to. We would watch the latest action flick after she went to bed.

In short, you are not wrong.

• My son and I played video games starting when the first Pong game came out to hook to your TV. He is now 47 and we have probably played about every violent video game that has come out in the last 42 years. I played World of Warcraft for 8 years straight it got me through the time after my wife died of cancer. My son is a college grad with a six figure job and would even think of harming anyone. You raise them right and and they are smart enough to know the games are not real life then they will turn out right. You don't teach them respect for others and the love of God then that is how they become a school shooter. Sorry to rant but I know a lot of gamers and all are good people.

If the music is to loud you are to old.