Almost smashed the white beast this morning.

• They say accidents happen a few miles from your house. I never thought much of it till this morning. I had made a 50 mile run to one of the clinics I work for and was almost back home. You have to take a fork to the left off of a state hi way and then your on the county road I live on. You don't stop because it makes a Y and you just veere onto my road if nothing is coming. Well this morning I had just veered onto my road and I saw County truck heading up the road towards me. He was on his side of the road and I thought nothing of it. About the time I got to him he turned in front of me. The county has a gravel and asphalt storage spot in the Y of the road. So he was turning into it. I can tell you the new brakes work. However I need to check the ABS module. It never shuttered. I only slid about 10 feet but I could see the writing on his front passenger tire. And the funny thing is I was probably going 45. He just turned so close to me I had to stomp the brakes.

He finished his turn and looked at me in his side mirror and I threw my hands up and gave him my best (pissed look). My only guess is the sun was in his eyes. I can't imagine not seeing my bright halo lights and my bright headlights.

Yall be safe out there. I can't believe how close I came to getting squashed.

• They say accidents happen a few miles from your house. I never thought much of it till this morning. I had made a 50 mile run to one of the clinics I work for and was almost back home. You have to take a fork to the left off of a state hi way and then your on the county road I live on. You don't stop because it makes a Y and you just veere onto my road if nothing is coming. Well this morning I had just veered onto my road and I saw County truck heading up the road towards me. He was on his side of the road and I thought nothing of it. About the time I got to him he turned in front of me. The county has a gravel and asphalt storage spot in the Y of the road. So he was turning into it. I can tell you the new brakes work. However I need to check the ABS module. It never shuttered. I only slid about 10 feet but I could see the writing on his front passenger tire. And the funny thing is I was probably going 45. He just turned so close to me I had to stomp the brakes.

He finished his turn and looked at me in his side mirror and I threw my hands up and gave him my best (pissed look). My only guess is the sun was in his eyes. I can't imagine not seeing my bright halo lights and my bright headlights.

Yall be safe out there. I can't believe how close I came to getting squashed.

Kinda makes ya wonder the timing of you buyin the new big brakes - sumbody was lookin out for ya somewhere !!! Glad it was a non event

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Glad you are OK, and the brakes worked well! August 30th 2013 I was not as fortunate. I had a 1 ton delivery van U turn into my path from the side of the road just as I passed him (with right of way) about 40-45 MPH. T-boned him, bent the frame on the Harley by the brake... the brake my foot was on at the time. Flew through the air and managed to twist myself around to sacrifice my right shoulder to the impact of the pavement rushing up to me. No helmet, sleeveless t shirt and blue jeans with boots. By the Grace of God I didn't hit my head on anything. I still hurt from the accident, but I lived. Foot is still messed up, shoulder is a class 3-4 separation that they suggested I didn't have surgery on. They explained that this type of surgery would leave a weak spot that could tear at some point. Shoulder would be stronger leaving the separation as is.

That leads me to this next statement. I've had my Slingshot a year and 2 weeks. 16,430 miles on it when I parked it at work this morning. I've put less than 1,000 on my Harley since I bought the SS, and only about 1/2 a tank of gas has been run out of it this year. I haven't been able to pull the trigger yet, but we've been considering re-homing the Harleys.

• HOLY SHIZSTER! Way to be looking ahead @rabtech and glad nothing happened!!!
    When close calls happens to me, I take it as the road-gods tell'n me that I've burned up all my good road karma, so I stay super aware and conservative to build up good road karma again...
    if you don't believe in karma, oh well, glad you're still here and safe!

• HOLY SHIZSTER! Way to be looking ahead @rabtech and glad nothing happened!!!
    When close calls happens to me, I take it as the road-gods tell'n me that I've burned up all my good road karma, so I stay super aware and conservative to build up good road karma again...
    if you don't believe in karma, oh well, glad you're still here and safe!

who sells this Karma mod?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Glad you're OK... These things are always happening (sadly).

I live by this quote: "Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not. -Ana Monnar" ~> Try to brush it off and get back out there! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png