Warranty Question

• Are the panels considered to be under warranty? I have noticed on my rear deck what appears to be like a screws working there way out and making indention's on the deck. two spots on each side of the rear deck. Here is a picture not the best but maybe you can get an idea of what i am trying to say.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I've not seen damage on that area before. My driver's side panel was damaged from the inside support though, and they covered that. Unfortunately they didn't fix the support, and the crack is now showing on the new panel. Going to a different dealer to fix this one, and plan to make some changes to the support to keep it from happening again.

• I've not seen damage on that area before. My driver's side panel was damaged from the inside support though, and they covered that. Unfortunately they didn't fix the support, and the crack is now showing on the new panel. Going to a different dealer to fix this one, and plan to make some changes to the support to keep it from happening again.

Yes sir, I am thinking i may have switch dealerships myself. I am going to contact one today and see how they feel about me coming to them since i didn't but my SS from them.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Yes sir, I am thinking i may have switch dealerships myself. I am going to contact one today and see how they feel about me coming to them since i didn't but my SS from them.

I did the same thing as far as contacting them first. They were not only willing to pick me up with Warr related things, but also thanked me for the chance to prove themselves. Based on my first meeting with them, I was impressed. The one I went to is not a new dealership, they were established before building at this new location. It's also a bit closer to me, win-win!

• Yes sir, I am thinking i may have switch dealerships myself. I am going to contact one today and see how they feel about me coming to them since i didn't but my SS from them.

I wouldn't worry about dealership being concerned that you didn't buy from them. They get compensated on the warranty work and they also realize they can make you a future customer. My local dealer blew me off on doing the recalls. 2 other dealers were more than glad to pick up the slack.

• I have the same exact marks on my black 16.5 ss on both sides of the rear deck. I have not pursued this issue yet. I did have bulges on both, my driver and passenger side panels due to bad support bracket design. The paint started cracking. After a long conversation with the dealer I was able to get a one time warranty on both panels. Before panels where replaced I used foam tape as a cushion between the bracket and panel. I was informed the same dealer has warrantied the panels for one other customer.

Don't know if you found it yet, but there's a thread on this forum on how to modify that bracket to prevent future cracking on the side panel...

• @KayTwo, Thanks Jared! I'm thinking I may pull the panels and fix it myself. Both sides are just starting... not bad yet. My thought is to get a few tribal type designs on the SS a limited amount of places, and maybe a star burst about the size of a dime on each side. Just something I'm kicking around, haven't decided yet. Shortly after I put on the SLR vinyls, the cracks started on both sides. I'll search for that thread, seems like I saw it at one point.

• There are a couple of screws that hold the panel on. Remove them and the panel will pull back and you can see the metal support below where the crack is. Place a strip of rubber over this support( mines 1/2 thick) and seal it up. Good to go. But try to not place a lot of weight over this area getting in and out. Usually how the crack forms. Bad design.

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas

• If the crack or defect in paint was due to a factory bracket pushing on the back side of the plastic it would be a warranty item. Your dealer should not have an issue with this. If they do just give Polaris a call and explain the situation and they may even ask for photos. I feel sure they will fix you up....